What's new

Cripple-Six: 1967 cj6 build

Going to be a mechanical hand brake and MME motorsports out of Lithuania for a dbw hand throttle.
Just checked the MME stuff out. That’s way cooler than the push/pull and push/rotate stuff I’ve used before.

still dinking around with spring rates. Got some springs showing up tomorrow, hopefully the last spring swap!

Hand controls are almost finished, I ended up going with full mechanical setup. It operates exactly the same as my original plan, just isn’t dbw throttle.

Kinda felt like I was adding complexity with no major benefit. I can always convert this setup to dbw down the road.

Going to be modifying these for a high idle mode as well. Which I think will be useful.

Small update, got the hand controls dialed in. Spring rates are good enough for now, might be some small changes after driving. Rear needs to come up 1/2”, front comes down 1/2”. Will see how it settles after driving.

Got the plate on the way. Didn’t have a bill of sale, so they had to go off fair market value. Kinda got raped on that one. Oh well.

Gonna drive it around this weekend and see what issues come up!

Got the linkages nice and high. Fabricated my own column mount because the suregrip clamp setup is chintzy, way too much flex. My legs are kinda like a holocaust survivor so we used my wife in the seat for mockup. I would say someone up to at least 5’10” can drive it comfortably.

IMG_4181.jpeg

These are push rock style controls, push for brake rock for gas (Input force is adjustable). Same style I drive everyday just isn’t DBW. This is best style for driving with 2 hands on the wheel. I think I will eventually move my tap shift up to the throttle lever with a momentary up/down switch. Would be way more functional.
IMG_4178.jpeg

Finished center console area, measured and looks like I can squeeze in a double bronson holder in the remaining space. Micro amp is under the vented cover behind console.
IMG_4175.jpeg

Still need to do a little more programming on the gauges. Fuel level needs to be calibrated, and need to make sure it is switching trans cooler fan at set temp.
IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg

This is my point of view. top of tub rail is just under 48” for perspective. I have more uptravel available in the front than the rear.
IMG_4184.jpeg

Top Back Refresh