What's new

Cripple-Six: 1967 cj6 build

I know I'm going to be sorry I asked but, how long has the build taken so far?

So you're in a wheel chair? You got fucking skills my friend.:beer:

Side note, I am looking for a shop or person to wire this thing for me. Looking for a quality/reliable job. I could do it myself but don’t mind someone else doing it. Would rather get out and put some miles on it.

If you have any recommendations please let me know.

And thanks again for all the kind words. Means a lot!

It was started in 2018. Life as I knew it ended in 2020. Took a few yrs off but never gave up on it. Should be done this fall.

Thanks 🍺

I feel a little better. I was looking at the date this thread started and thought if he knocked this work of art out in 6 months, I should just give up and burn my shit to the ground.:flipoff2:

Side note, I am looking for a shop or person to wire this thing for me. Looking for a quality/reliable job. I could do it myself but don’t mind someone else doing it. Would rather get out and put some miles on it.

Maybe look around for shops that build old hotrods.

Depends on where you're located. Unless I missed it.

Next step was building a peace pipe for when shit hits the fan… jokes aside, I am running arbs and wanted some level of filtration. This has a replaceable filter and does catch moisture. Running the arb’s fully pneumatic and this feeds the switches. There will also be PSI sensor post-filter that will read through the aim diplay.
IMG_3631.jpeg

It will be serviceable from the driver seat without pulling the whole tunnel cover.
IMG_3633.jpeg

Small aluminum cover houses stereo control and heated seat buttons. Slips out to service filter. Arb switches tucked against trans shifter. Tap shift wiring will follow shifter cable through boot.
IMG_3653.jpeg

External air supply. This is my second version of the air system. A few less fittings and less line. It’s pretty simple, only thing I don’t like is pressure switch on tank, but that can always be remote mounted if I have issues with it being so low.
IMG_3673.jpeg

Didn’t have space in dash to fit full rugged radios setup, so I built this bump out to give me more space. I don’t tig, so local guy is welding it up for me.
IMG_3635.jpeg

Samurai windshield squirter setup with remote filler.
IMG_3647.jpeg
IMG_3665.jpeg

Catch can setup was one of last projects to finish engine bay. Was able to sneak in this racetronics catch can. Pcv delete and -10 from valve covers.
IMG_3667.jpeg

Got the rear axle in, and all the line mounts done. still needs to be aligned but I’ll get back to that.
IMG_3658.jpeg

Running some bolt on jk bump stop spacers.
IMG_3662.jpeg

I never got a paint code form the dingle berry that painted the jeep. The grill and some other parts still needed to be painted. But sherwin Williams matched color pretty damn good. This was my 1st time spraying single stage and I’m really happy with it. Just need to clean up and install the 8274 and the front is pretty much done.
IMG_3674.jpeg

Next step was building a peace pipe for when shit hits the fan… jokes aside, I am running arbs and wanted some level of filtration. This has a replaceable filter and does catch moisture. Running the arb’s fully pneumatic and this feeds the switches. There will also be PSI sensor post-filter that will read through the aim diplay.
IMG_3631.jpeg

That's really slick. I've got ARB's F&R and have been thinking of some kind of moisture trap/filter.

Would you happen to have a list of what you bought for that?

That's really slick. I've got ARB's F&R and have been thinking of some kind of moisture trap/filter.

Would you happen to have a list of what you bought for that?
We will see how it works. My main concern was freezing up the arb lines in cold temps. air tank will hopefully do most of the moisture removal. I am not running external air supply through the filter, just arbs. With psi sensor post filter I should be able to quickly see what’s going on.

McMaster part #’s
4414k71
4414k72 replacement filters

Then just a 1/4npt push lock fitting to adapt to 3/8 line and a tee for sensor then push lock to 6mm arb line

We will see how it works. My main concern was freezing up the arb lines in cold temps. air tank will hopefully do most of the moisture removal. I am not running external air supply through the filter, just arbs. With psi sensor post filter I should be able to quickly see what’s going on.

McMaster part #’s
4414k71
4414k72 replacement filters

Then just a 1/4npt push lock fitting to adapt to 3/8 line and a tee for sensor then push lock to 6mm arb line

:beer:Awesome, thank you.

Looks awesome and exactly what I'm looking at doing with a YJ tub I picked up. How is tranny and t-case access? Pulling it trough the floor I assume?

If you're still looking for a shop to wire it, Those Guys Rod & Custom do good work. They are in Bremerton I believe.

Yeah I had reached out to them. Sent him the electrical specs and then he never got back to me. Guess they don’t need the work.

But no worries, a friend and I had it wired and fired the end of sept. About 130ish total hours and it turned out great!

Been steady chugging away on it. Need to get this updated soon.

Finally getting around to doing an update!. Have gotten a tonnage done but still plenty to do. I think we are on the short list at this point.

I had previously purchased a used 8274 with upgraded 9.5 motor and Albrite solenoid. Upon further inspection someone had fouled the seal install and it had been leaking. So I gave it i full rebuild.
IMG_3682.jpeg

Had been trying to figure out a better tailgate latching option. This is what I came up with. Pull pins that lock in open position. Solid and zero rattle.
IMG_3680.jpeg

I started stripping the hood down and realized it would have needed more work than I care to put into it. But I did find a nice surprise as I peeled the layers. Ended up with 2 coats kbs diamond clear and then a quick wet sand and polish.
IMG_3694.jpeg

Electrics design went together very well, a ton of hours but came out killer. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of pictures, I will have to get some engine bay shots.

Some highlights
Tefzel equivalent wire
Solid state Switch pros rcr12
Solid state 200a battery disconnect (gnd trigger)
4 Fuse 2 relay for speartech harness (in dash)
All home run grounds
Labels for days

Engine fired right up, but proceeded to run like absolute dog shit! Spent the next week figuring out what was wrong, based on some live data tuner helped point me in the right direction. Pushrod on no7 was not fully seated in the rocker arm pocket. Runs really good now. Apparently I’m not the first dumbass to accomplish that fuckery.
IMG_3719.jpeg

All 15a circuits utilize a deutsch pass through on driver side.
IMG_3720.jpeg

IMG_3837.png
IMG_3838.png

Modified some Motobilt cowl armor to fit old style tub.
IMG_3700.jpeg

Dash getting out together, the 3 computers are hinged off the firewall in passenger footwell. When u remove the 2 bolts below the storage cubby the computers drop down for access. Speartech fuses behind small aluminum hatch

IMG_3782.jpeg

Originally bought this light bar for the front bumper area, but ended up being kinda big. My brother (buc4x) suggested windshield mounted and so this popped out. Gave me a good way to mount antenna up high as well.
IMG_3810.jpeg

Had my buddy back and we knocked out the top/doors and windshield frame install. It was some serious beastiality to get this thing on. Had the shop like a sweat lodge and inside of cab at least 90 degrees as we stretched er on.
IMG_6126.jpeg
IMG_6129.jpeg

Still need to come with liscense plate/rear camera mount.
IMG_6116.jpeg

Must have been foggy this evening.
IMG_6130.jpeg

Top Back Refresh