What's new

Crawler/Broverlander YJ Buildup

Got the transmission lines insulated and routed. The belly lines are the same as the Hydro-assist, so I only have to carry one spare.

Off to a bachelor party for the weekend. I hope to have this running next weekend.:jester: :lmao:

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 12
My brother bough a house, so I've been helping him move stuff and work around the house.

83.jpg

Sunday I got back in the shop and got the Transmission coolers and PS cooler mounted to the radiator. I really like how the Novak Radiator mounts. It has a steel mount with rubber bushings and its pinned in. Really easy to remove it.

88.jpg

I got the 9" rear end clearanced for the 10". I don't know what the difference is between Spidertrax housings, but this one went in pretty easy. Mainly Just opening up the face and light grinding on the path of the ring gear. Put the Carrier and gear in the housing and used some tire crayons to mark the high spots. I ran out of grinding wheels and the ADHD kicked in and I started bending tube for a Truck bed cage. :shaking:

85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg

I like that canopy over the door:smokin:
Thanks! Backstory, That building is entirely down hill and used to flood back before I moved in. (the reason nobody wanted it) My shop used to be behind that door and I put a berm up in front of the door to keep the water out, but it caused the rain off the roof to funnel directly down the berm and under the door. I found this out working on underneath something and put that pallet and 2x4 up with some leftover sheetmetal. Bonus points of cheapness. The chimney is held on with an 8' aluminum bedside cover.

Pretty productive weekend in the shop, I got the rest of the material removed to clear the 10”. If you plan on racing it, I’d order a larger housing, but since this is a bro-dozer :flipoff2: clearancing will be fine.

IMG_2276.jpeg

After that, I welded some 1/4” plate on the bottom, just in-case the mall parking lot has some tall curbs

IMG_2275.jpeg

Next, I got the gears setup on the Hi-10, I'm still fighting the arb main line, but it’s together with the upgraded 3rd pinion bearing.

IMG_2278.jpeg

Cut the axle shafts down to clear the locker center pin. And did some housekeeping.

Turns out another friend wanted to get into crawling, so he found a heep that needs a lot of things redone :shaking:, and I’ve been helping them try and get it ship shape for GER next month.

IMG_1974.jpeg

Top Back Refresh