What's new

Corded drills

why do I picture this thing with 2 guys sitting on either side like a mini merry-go-round :laughing:
1639580044837.png

I save the corded drill for when the batteries are both fucked or unavailable. I bought a Milwaukee one back in 05 that I like. It pretty much stayed on my notcher most of the time I had my shop. My dad had a Makita 1/2” drill that only did like 500rpm and it snapped the chuck off shaft when I was drilling a 1/2” hole in a 1/4” plate in the vise, and hurting my wrist and smacking me in the face too I believe.

pulled out the wrist breaker I borrowed from dad for the long wood auger bit, and it disappointed. Fucker stalled out with a 1/2" x 14" auger only half sunk into some oak. My M18 has more balls than that

so either its dying, or it's a cheap one and the good one got tossed years ago. Time to find a replacement

Wish I knew what it was, but the big drills above remind me. Sometime between the age of 5 and 10, I remember sitting on a drill as my dad was drilling through our concrete driveway.
Was probably a cheap o Montgomery Ward, wonder what became of that drill.

Top Back Refresh