What's new

Corded drills

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
I don’t use battery stuff enough and my dewalt batteries are dicked... they are the old fat bottom gals not the new style from what... 8 years ago now?

Brand doesn’t matter so much as long as the chuck is quality. Metabo still worth the buyers premium?

Corded tools are going for next to nothing these days on CL and FB. Milwaukee 1/2 inch chuck and you are set for life. I don't know why I remember the model number of mine but 0234-1, they probably made a million of them over 20 years.

For heavier drilling I always grab my 2 speed Milwaukee Hole Shooter. It's been going strong for 20+ years.

I agree the holeshooter is a good drill. Have had a 3/8 & 1/2 for years. Everything else smoked, those 2 didn't

The Ridged from Home Depot are guarantied for life and nit a bad unit hade one a few years and it sees a;; my stupid drilling I wont do with my cordless M18 Fuel

Milwaukee Magnum/Hole Shooter is the king of 1/2" and smaller corded drills in my eyes. My dad has run the same one for 25+ years, I really don't recall ever seeing him drill or drive a screw with anything else in my life unless it was something too big for a 1/2" drill to do, which is pretty rare. It's had a new cord and I think a trigger switch in its life but aside from that has run flawlessly.

I have a Hitachi 3/8 high speed drill that I abuse the shit out of every time I use it over the last 10 years or so with no problems. It very rarely sees a drill bit I mostly use it for wire/paint stripping wheels and polishing

I have the Milwaukee Magnum Wrist Breaker edition. It's attached to my tube notcher 99% of the time, but if I feel like punching myself in the face then I grab that for some hole drilling. I bought it at the old house, so it's gotta be getting close to 20 years old.

I have a Dewalt mid grip drill/hammer drill with traditional jacobs chuck. It is my main notching drill. It is of the "wristbreaker" vibe....That said, I love my cordless milwaukee m18 stuff.

Magnum hole shooter is top shit. Try and get the second handle because it not called the wrist breaker for nothing.

I have the Milwaukee Magnum Wrist Breaker edition. It's attached to my tube notcher 99% of the time, but if I feel like punching myself in the face then I grab that for some hole drilling. I bought it at the old house, so it's gotta be getting close to 20 years old.
Mine seems to be the nut puncher version:homer: after wrecking the wrists.

I also have a "light" Dewalt 3/8" that I use a bit on the rough side. It was about $50 ten years ago when I bought it when I needed to drill holes while on the road:smokin:

If you really want to fuck yourself up. :flipoff2:
316FF394-5F31-4D50-9464-CA166ABDC1AC.jpeg

Corded tools are going for next to nothing these days on CL and FB. Milwaukee 1/2 inch chuck and you are set for life. I don't know why I remember the model number of mine but 0234-1, they probably made a million of them over 20 years.
This, mine is 20+ years old and will still twist you off the bucket you are trying to stand on

Does that one have the actual switch that you slip?
Some of those didn't even have a trigger, just had a 'nam flashback
Only used my friends, it has the chunka chunks trigger, kinda slow but doesn’t like to stop, damn near spun my 160lb self around what I was trying to drill. :eek:

Milwaukee Magnum is the only answer. Everything else is what your wife would use to drill a hole.

I bought a Milwaukee 11 years ago when I bought my house. It gets used for big stuff around the house and lives on the notcher then rest of the time. Thinking back I'm shocked it's never missed a beat, I've never been nice to it.

I bought a Milwaukee 11 years ago when I bought my house. It gets used for big stuff around the house and lives on the notcher then rest of the time. Thinking back I'm shocked it's never missed a beat, I've never been nice to it.
battery drills are all high maint. and shit. If you don't mind having a couple hundred buck in batteries handy, they keep up for a while.

corded drill can get buried in the sand for a decade, soak it in the fish tank to clean out the mud and it will go right back to working :flipoff2:

battery drills are all high maint. and shit. If you don't mind having a couple hundred buck in batteries handy, they keep up for a while.

corded drill can get buried in the sand for a decade, soak it in the fish tank to clean out the mud and it will go right back to working :flipoff2:
I use mostly corded in the shop(or air) In the field my cordless tools have paid for themselves time and time again

best drill ever :laughing: D-handle low RPM :smokin:

IMG_2516.JPG

just keep your face out of the way

IMG_2517.JPG

still have a scar there oddly enough

edit: I don't use the trigger lock anymore
What the fuck are you thinking using a trigger lock on that thing?
You need info for the suicide hotline or something ?

Took six months but I found a 1/2” hole shooter. Cords cracked badly but functional (needs replacement)

How much did you have to pay for it? It seems lthat corded stuff is pretty much not worth much on the used market.

I have 2 Milwaukee hole shooters that I never use, but couldn't get much money for them, so it isn't worth the hassle to sell them :homer:

I bought myself 2 Milwaukee 1/2" Corded drills. I got them BOTH for $10 at a garage sale. Been working great on my tubing notcher and the 2nd is my backup just in case. The one on my notcher has been on there for 2 years the only issue I have now is the 3 screws that hold the back handle to the motor together come loose so last time I unscrewed them all the way and a little JB weld on them and now it's solid as can be. I wouldn't tear it apart if it broke anyways

How much did you have to pay for it? It seems lthat corded stuff is pretty much not worth much on the used market.

I have 2 Milwaukee hole shooters that I never use, but couldn't get much money for them, so it isn't worth the hassle to sell them :homer:
$20 so I’m not complaining. New cord is $30 but I’ll rock what I have until it pukes.

I was about to purchase new from HD for $200 but I’m happy to have a USA made tool, the new ones are Chinese

Top Back Refresh