What's new

Concrete wire reinforcement

I want to cut this damned pipe out of my driveway and easily remove large chunks of concrete :laughing:
Nut up.:flipoff2:
The shadows don't lie :flipoff2:
They must be, but even worse....
20180419_083806.jpg

I wish I knew how to tie bar like that
oh who am I kidding, I'd just keep on doing the single loopy dingledangle because it's easier and it doesn't really matter at all

We never did more than just one wrap unless it was on verticle stuff.

Me being too cheap to rent heavy tools:

20240421_134826.jpg

My wife being concerned somebody is going to fall into the pit:

20240421_184947.jpg

:laughing:

Fortunately, much of the wire is broken [naturally] so I don't have to cut it all with the snips.

These pics after all your ranting on "how it is" makes me :lmao:

you know the saw cuts wire too, right?
Only of you put the wire in the middle of the slab, like a competent person

Which is why welded wire in flatwork is retarded, because it's never where it needs to be.

Saw has a 4" cut depth, welded wire is 5-6" deep, under the slab.

Cue the "it's not thr material, it's the installer" of course. It's also 100% of the installers that fuck it up, which means it's a material [marketing] problem :flipoff2:

These pics after all your ranting on "how it is" makes me :lmao:
Yeah, surely this is the only time I've ever been around or dealt with it :laughing:

There have been many threads on here with people advocating welded wire in shit flatwork, this is the first time since I've had reliable internet and a camera in my pocket to take and post a picture of the Most common failure. It's also why it's fucking retarded.

Let me guess, you are the "yeah we pull it up" guy during the pour? :laughing: waste of fucking time

Only of you put the wire in the middle of the slab, like a competent person

Which is why welded wire in flatwork is retarded, because it's never where it needs to be.

Saw has a 4" cut depth, welded wire is 5-6" deep, under the slab.

Cue the "it's not thr material, it's the installer" of course. It's also 100% of the installers that fuck it up, which means it's a material [marketing] problem :flipoff2:
easy
hang some more retard soccer cones on it, bub

Yeah, surely this is the only time I've ever been around or dealt with it :laughing:

There have been many threads on here with people advocating welded wire in shit flatwork, this is the first time since I've had reliable internet and a camera in my pocket to take and post a picture of the Most common failure. It's also why it's fucking retarded.

Let me guess, you are the "yeah we pull it up" guy during the pour? :laughing: waste of fucking time

Your pics reek of martha stuart DIY BS.

Your pics reek of martha stuart DIY BS.
:lmao:

What the hell do you think you can get when I said I'm too cheap to rent decent sized tools? I've only got a 70' run to fuck with, don't need it to last longer than that.

Don't worry, when it goes back together it won't have wire or bar in it, but it will be keyed :rasta:

It is the correct way to tie it...
1714005057337.png
I was an ironworker (only did the rebar side) for many years. Completely overkill. Figure eights and saddle ties are for vertical and beams. Flat work typically gets a snap tie, or just crossing the bar once. Tie wire is only there to hold the bar together until it's poured. It has no structural value

:lmao:

What the hell do you think you can get when I said I'm too cheap to rent decent sized tools? I've only got a 70' run to fuck with, don't need it to last longer than that.

Don't worry, when it goes back together it won't have wire or bar in it, but it will be keyed :rasta:

And when it fails, you wont post about it:laughing:

And when it fails, you wont post about it:laughing:
1] fails? What do you think the driveway currently looks like that I'm going to cut a 2' wide trench down it rather than replace sections?

2] how long do you think I will be living with this driveway?

3] go ahead and try to explain how adding welded wire mesh would do anything to prevent whatever you consider failure.

I've got no problem giving a year over year update. I briefly considered opaque staining it all a solid color afterwards, have no desire to make it a maintenance thing going forward :laughing:

I was an ironworker (only did the rebar side) for many years. Completely overkill. Figure eights and saddle ties are for vertical and beams. Flat work typically gets a snap tie, or just crossing the bar once. Tie wire is only there to hold the bar together until it's poured. It has no structural value
I'm just a water well driller, that is how I was taught to tie rebar by my dad. He was taught to tie wire when he worked for a company building cotton gins. That is the way they did it, that is the way he did it and the way he taught me to do it.

I'm just a water well driller, that is how I was taught to tie rebar by my dad. He was taught to tie wire when he worked for a company building cotton gins. That is the way they did it, that is the way he did it and the way he taught me to do it.
Fair enough. Different worlds.🍺

Have wasted 3+ hours cutting that shit apart last night and today to stuff in the trash can.

Leave 5 or 6 sheets laying on the ground for 10 years and they are a mess of rusty ass bent wire, pokey as shit bushes and small trees.

It's junk. Got sucked into the bushog or snowblower so all bent up. Plus the wires are all unwelding from corrosion. Some of it i just snapped into pieces.

Couple small pieces were okish and they were given away.

Top Back Refresh