What's new

Concrete wire reinforcement

fiber reinforcement handled it.
31178013.jpg

I've got 6 and 8" slabs, all with heavy wire.

160K# trucks hauling in salt. Plenty of freeze/thaw cycles and no problems. Loader and salt trucks on it constantly as well. Depending on the winter, 1,500-2,000 tons per season.

1713874957035.jpeg

I've got 6 and 8" slabs, all with heavy wire.

160K# trucks hauling in salt. Plenty of freeze/thaw cycles and no problems. Loader and salt trucks on it constantly as well. Depending on the winter, 1,500-2,000 tons per season.

1713874957035.jpeg
I'm more impressed your cheap ass went with welded wire for an 8" slab for heavy use

Precast guy here.

WWF is better than nothing. Deform and Rebar is best. WWF has its place. We build entire vaults out of WWF, 4x4 W2.9/W2.9 so pretty small shit. Its all engineered to HS20 wheel loads. It actually provides more reinforcement than any of the fibers on the market. Fiber is not for structural reinforcement. I have built plenty of engineered slabs with a layer of WWF and a layer of bar. The bar is for the structural end, the WWF usually for handling (IE flexure loads when lifting and moving it). Steel cover is just as important as putting the steel in. If your steel falls to the bottom you might as well have saved the money. Use spacers, use WWF, dont deal with near as much cracking.

All the real shit I worked with was big, real big, huge. Steel reinforcing absolutley has a massive effect on slabs and other sentient earth beings. :flipoff2: Are you fucking shitting me ? There are entire engineering texts and construction books on this. I spent 18 months inspecting . . . .. oh fuck it never mind. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

1713905455200.png

That's all steel you are looking at. :idea:

1713905557398.png

All the real shit I worked with was big, real big, huge. Steel reinforcing absolutley has a massive effect on slabs and other sentient earth beings. :flipoff2: Are you fucking shitting me ? There are entire engineering texts and construction books on this. I spent 18 months inspecting . . . .. oh fuck it never mind. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

1713905455200.png

1713905557398.png

in Providence defense, he was talking about flatwork and thin slabs.

he still doesnt believe in crack steel which is crazy.

someone should explain to him tension and compression steel mating in that slab that fat guy is standing on. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

1713905455200.png

1713905557398.png

Wow, look at all that NOT Welded Wire! :flipoff2:

in Providence defense, he was talking about flatwork and thin slabs.

he still doesnt believe in crack steel which is crazy.

someone should explain to him tension and compression steel mating in that slab that fat guy is standing on. :flipoff2::flipoff2:
Flatwork and thin slabs is 90%, close enough to 100%, of homeowner and "by gawd, use that wire" type assholes that should stop doing it.

Go real, do something or do nothing. Don't do welded wire mesh sheets and "pull them up" or whatever Steve and Juan sold you on to charge an extra grand :flipoff2:

Some big, high strength, all thread bar, 2.5" diameter. Has an ultimate strength of about 800,000 lbs. Not the biggest bar. The biggest we have used is #32 (4" diameter) bar, it weighs 43 lb/ft.
rebar.jpg

1713905455200.png

1713905557398.png

Cute
1713912776906.jpeg

1713912777181.png

Pretty sure that was considered a concrete reinforced steel deck.

So while we're on the subject....

Am I likely to be able to call up a rebar and column cage supplier and get prefab grids of 1/2 rebar so I'm not stuck tying rebar in an 18" trench? Are there standard sizes?

Cute
1713912776906.jpeg

1713912777181.png

Pretty sure that was considered a concrete reinforced steel deck.
how many vibrators got lost in that clusterfuck?
looks like the kinda mats that both absolutely need them and absolutely snag them

So while we're on the subject....

Am I likely to be able to call up a rebar and column cage supplier and get prefab grids of 1/2 rebar so I'm not stuck tying rebar in an 18" trench? Are there standard sizes?
Tie it outside the trench and then lower it in using questionable rigging. That’s how Juan and Pablo do it.

Tie it outside the trench and then lower it in using questionable rigging. That’s how Juan and Pablo do it.
I still want to know what the price difference is. When a $2k truck load only gets you 2ft of lift a few hundred bucks to save most of the tying seems like a small price to pay.

That wire mesh made it hell doing my tear out. It all came out in small pieces and a lot of it had to be cut. I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to concrete, but I didn't put the mesh back in.

I did use rebar and had fiber added to the mix. Its a 6" slab with 12" under the posts. I'm sure one of you cocksuckers will tell me all the shit I did wrong, but I just finished the pour this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20240422_154736.jpg
    20240422_154736.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
That wire mesh made it hell doing my tear out. It all came out in small pieces and a lot of it had to be cut. I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to concrete, but I didn't put the mesh back in.

I did use rebar and had fiber added to the mix. Its a 6" slab with 12" under the posts. I'm sure one of you cocksuckers will tell me all the shit I did wrong, but I just finished the pour this afternoon.
You can never go wrong by going deeper and using more rod.

It'll never work.:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh