What's new

Concrete wire reinforcement

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
You better be putting wire in your concrete!!!!

Something is better than nothing!!!

Ever remove concrete with wire? Hell yeah it does stuff!

Without wire. Concrete will crack!!

All them people that say that stuff are dumb. Doing some work on a 6" slab with wire in it, this is the principle reason wire is stupid, other than its general uselessness :flipoff2:

20240421_135710.jpg

When we pour slabs with mesh we fill the forms ½ way then add the wire. Anything bigger than a 6 x 8 we use rebar.

If we happen to pour a big slab with mesh, we pour the concrete on top of the mesh then pull it up into the concrete with hooks.

If you suck, you suck. It's not the meshes fault :homer:.

When we pour slabs with mesh we fill the forms ½ way then add the wire. Anything bigger than a 6 x 8 we use rebar.

If we happen to pour a big slab with mesh, we pour the concrete on top of the mesh then pull it up into the concrete with hooks.

If you suck, you suck. It's not the meshes fault :homer:.
Your mesh is still settling :flipoff2:

I just don't use wire, because it's not worthwhile for anything on grade

I like the fiber that most the larger jobs call for. Looks like very coarse push broom bristles. Most of them get 3X the dosage.

The worst sidewalk I ever remember removing had chicken wire in it. The second worst had wire mesh.

I will say the nice thing about smooth wire is you can hammer breaker the concrete off it if pretty effectively.

The worst sidewalk I ever remember removing had chicken wire in it. The second worst had wire mesh.

I will say the nice thing about smooth wire is you can hammer breaker the concrete off it if pretty effectively.

We used to get it broke up with the forks on a skidsteer. One guy running around with a set of bolt cutters nipping the chunks apart. Worked pretty well

Not on the shit I deal with 5.5' to 6.5' thick mat slab., that's the skinny end of the form:flipoff2:

Rebar.jpg
I hope your only reinforcement was welded wire.mesh :rasta:

Oh wait, rebar mesh for big pour to do something real? Valid

Shit wire on a sidewalk or driveway? Waste of money and time

We used to get it broke up with the forks on a skidsteer. One guy running around with a set of bolt cutters nipping the chunks apart. Worked pretty well

Growing up you were the equipment and the summer my second job was pouring concrete the guy I worked for was an animal who at 65 thought 5 hours swinging a sledgehammer was just how you demo'd flatwork.

Growing up you were the equipment and the summer my second job was pouring concrete the guy I worked for was an animal who at 65 thought 5 hours swinging a sledgehammer was just how you demo'd flatwork.

Name wasnt gordon was it? I worked for him :laughing:

I hate that wire. Previous owner bought a bunch for probably the shop.slab and never used it ir for the future house.

Well 7-8 years later it's somehow scattered and grew into the brush. Jammed a hole sheet in the bushog a while back. Today found 3 or 4 more with the grader, though looked like the plow or snowblower already had also found them.

One sheet is entwined in a bush with thorns all over. The type that poke through jeans without even trying.
Gonna wad all that shit up with the excavator and shove it in the trash can.

I'm waiting to get a you're on the shit list letter from the trash guy. Last week was a 12k trailer jack, bathroom sink and like 30lbs of scrap metal. Have loaded that thing to the point I could barely move it.

My MIL's suburban neighbor DIY'd a second width of concrete driveway. It took him a few weeks, so I had plenty of time to laugh at the reinforcement he layed out- iron pipe, conduit, bed frames...

Driveway looks OK a year later.

Coolest slab removal I've seen was a resonant breaker. Big ass anvil that just skimmed the surface and vibrated and effectively turned the slab in to base. They'd come through afterward with an excavator with a single tooth rake and just rake all the rebar out in to a big ball.

1713795977538.png

1713796020791.png

masonry chairs are the answer to your mesh problems.

just because people are too stupid or lazy to install crack mesh or steel correctly, doesnt mean it wont work when it is installed correctly.

Masonry chairs. its just that simple.

Top Back Refresh