What's new

Cheap 5.29s

Something isn't right about that site. I can't pay with paypal, but I can do paypal express where I sign in on their page, or it'll take my cc info. I even tried creating an account, but it won't take it due to security conflict issues. If it's working for you guys, check out the clearance section. Plenty of cheap gear sets in there.
1689831552292.png
I had the same issue. They took my credit card and emailed me an order confirmation.

Aside from Toyota gears they also had 35 spline dana 60 lockouts, and universal joints and Toyota solid pinion spacers for $10.

Something isn't right about that site. I can't pay with paypal, but I can do paypal express where I sign in on their page, or it'll take my cc info. I even tried creating an account, but it won't take it due to security conflict issues. If it's working for you guys, check out the clearance section. Plenty of cheap gear sets in there.
1689831552292.png
That is their site it seems though. Don't think it's some scam/phishing attempt.

But I see my link to their site is now a dead link. Only Summit is left with a working link to the deal. Maybe Nitro is doing damage control and Summit is slow to react? I still haven't seen anything from Summit about shipping and they say ordered direct from manufacturer. I am thinking we will see a bunch of cancellation emails soon.

That is their site it seems though. Don't think it's some scam/phishing attempt.

But I see my link to their site is now a dead link. Only Summit is left with a working link to the deal. Maybe Nitro is doing damage control and Summit is slow to react? I still haven't seen anything from Summit about shipping and they say ordered direct from manufacturer. I am thinking we will see a bunch of cancellation emails soon.
I haven't gotten a shipment notification from Summit and they are typically pretty good with doing what they day (said could ship out same day from MFGR). Guessing I'm gonna have to pay real money for gears someday:laughing:

Meh, just need one set to to keep warranty going on replacing everyone's gears lol

I posted this on a Toyota forum, apparently Nitro had made a post on facebook or something about clearance sales and someone else called Nitro and they said it's high inventory reduction which is why it only applies to certain gear sets.

I grabbed a set of 4.88's. $94 shipped.
Nitro lists these as 4cly/v6. Is the only thing needed to run these in a 4cyl diff the 29 spline flange, seal and nut?

The pinion bearings are different with 4cyl and v6 along with the carrier bearings. Master installation kits come with a big spacer so you can use either style style gear in either 3rd.

shoot.. ordered a spare 5.29 and 4.88. For <$80/each, why not?

Just ordered one set of 5.29s. $92.91; TAX plus shipping from Summit. Don't need them now but a good spare for my V6 third or if I build my wife's 5th gen 4runner the rear gears are covered.

Screenshot_20230721_064723_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230721_064711_Chrome.jpg

So it's not just ring and pinions that are going for cheap. Bought a whole load of spare crap last night.

Everyone that ordered from Nitro directly, check your statements. This same deal was post over on ih8mud and a lot of people are reporting transactions they didn't make after the purchase.

See pages 5, 6, and 7 for accounts of scams

Everyone that ordered from Nitro directly, check your statements. This same deal was post over on ih8mud and a lot of people are reporting transactions they didn't make after the purchase.

See pages 5, 6, and 7 for accounts of scams
Ordered all my gears from summit and paid w/PP. They have been slowly trickling in…

Oh, I've received 3/10 gearsets I ordered from Summit.

2/2 sets of 7.5 IFS
1/4 sets 8" 29sp. 5.71
0/4 sets 8" 29sp 5.29

I have shipping confirmation on the 2 solid spacer/shim kits, summit says the rest of that small parts order is expected to ship in 10 days

I have received all parts I ordered direct from Nitro.

I ordered from Summit as well and have received my order and been fine. It looks like common denominator is ordering through Nitro. Maybe a disgruntled employee on the way out is burning the company.

Just giving heads up for those who ordered through Nitro.

I ordered 4.88's from nitro. 5.29's, solid spacer, and knuckle kit from summit. I haven't received anything

I ordered from Summit as well and have received my order and been fine. It looks like common denominator is ordering through Nitro. Maybe a disgruntled employee on the way out is burning the company.

Just giving heads up for those who ordered through Nitro.
When did you order? My 3 summit orders were the 18th, 20th, and 21st of July.

I ordered 5.29 gears through Summit on July 21 and got an email right away saying that the item is out of stock and will ship from the manufacturer when available. No word since.

Top Back Refresh