What's new

Carvana review

If there ever was a fuckstick that needed dead its that pile of shit doctor in the article..... :mad3:
21 crashes over the course of 45k rentals (5000 rentals per season over 9 years) seems like a pretty amazing track record of safety.

21 crashes over the course of 45k rentals (5000 rentals per season over 9 years) seems like a pretty amazing track record of safety.

His reason for suing is just plain fucktarded!

"The rental company didn't teach the renter how to drive offroad before renting him the vehicle" Maybe fucktard shouldn't have rented an offroad vehicle if he didn't know how to drive one..... I bet he didn't ask for lessons either. Fuck that guy

Reactions: DMG
That is how 90% of used car dealers make their money.

New car dealers make it on Service, used on Financing - you new to life?
Old post but I thought it should be mentioned. ALL car dealers can make money on the "backend" products, including finance monies. An industry rag claims that 75% of a new car store revenue comes out of the f&i office. :eek: Dealers mark up points on pass through loans, sell warranties and gap, ceramic coatings, wheel and tire packages, the list can go on forever. Never mind the bs "doc fee" or "prep fee" etc.

At my dealership we have NO bs add-on fees. What we agree to on the lot, is what you pay in the office. Sure we sell some backend products and sure, we make some money on them...but we are allowed to make money. I have never and will never mark up points. I show every finance customer the pass through approval from the bank and congratulate them on doing good with their credit and earning the killer rate. I do not do a lot of negotiating because of those reasons. If you don't like it, head on down the road to a dealer that adds all that shit on. Literally just told a customer that last night. Sold the truck.

I was trying to buy a truck from a dealer in OK this week. I told him I would pay his advertised web price. He told me I would have to pay the $499 doc fee and $995 accessory fee to buy it or he would keep it and retail it. That should tell you everything you need to know. Big dealer, had 800 used on the website.

Old post but I thought it should be mentioned. ALL car dealers can make money on the "backend" products, including finance monies. An industry rag claims that 75% of a new car store revenue comes out of the f&i office. :eek: Dealers mark up points on pass through loans, sell warranties and gap, ceramic coatings, wheel and tire packages, the list can go on forever. Never mind the bs "doc fee" or "prep fee" etc.

At my dealership we have NO bs add-on fees. What we agree to on the lot, is what you pay in the office. Sure we sell some backend products and sure, we make some money on them...but we are allowed to make money. I have never and will never mark up points. I show every finance customer the pass through approval from the bank and congratulate them on doing good with their credit and earning the killer rate. I do not do a lot of negotiating because of those reasons. If you don't like it, head on down the road to a dealer that adds all that shit on. Literally just told a customer that last night. Sold the truck.

I was trying to buy a truck from a dealer in OK this week. I told him I would pay his advertised web price. He told me I would have to pay the $499 doc fee and $995 accessory fee to buy it or he would keep it and retail it. That should tell you everything you need to know. Big dealer, had 800 used on the website.

Must be state to state.

Texas only allows you to mark up 2 points. Doc fee is $150 limit unless you audit and can prove your staff needs the extra funds to operate.

When I was selling new Japanese cars, front end was ~$1500 at about 120 units. F&I never came close to that. Used cars sold just as many units and averaged $2500+. Todays salesman are puppets and it's a fucking joke. The tier/flat payouts are embarrassing.

The service dept is the really money maker and makes sales look like children.
Theres no fees on a wholesale?

Must be state to state.

Texas only allows you to mark up 2 points. Doc fee is $150 limit unless you audit and can prove your staff needs the extra funds to operate.

When I was selling new Japanese cars, front end was ~$1500 at about 120 units. F&I never came close to that. Used cars sold just as many units and averaged $2500+. Todays salesman are puppets and it's a fucking joke. The tier/flat payouts are embarrassing.

I would assume that number includes all the warranty upsells and other bullshit they try to get you to buy after you've already agreed on a price.

I'd never bought a vehicle in person from large dealer before until my current diesel. (Last one came from a dealer in CA but I had it shipped.) This one was a year old, 20k miles. Test drove and came to a deal on the price and trade. Then had to go do the paperwork with the girl in the office and had to say "no" about a hundred times to all the shit the try to add on. Extended warranty? Paint protection? Insurance on your key FOBs? Tire warranty? Service plan?

Easily could have added another $4-5k on a $35k truck.

Must be state to state.

2 full points, so from 5 to 7%? if so, multiply that by the thousands of finance deals.:eek: then add on the backends.

and the fees on wholesale? I doubt there are any laws to tell a dealer how to run their wholesale side and that dealer(and most of them in OK) just wouldn't sell it to me without the fees. He would rather retail it, get a customer in front of his FI manager, get a finance deal and all the add ons. I have bought vehicles all the way around the country and OK is by far the worst state to buy in. regularly see advertised prices with astrics, and the fine print says "advertised price is for inhouse finance only, cash customers add $3,000" or something very similar to that. crooked assholes.

Then had to go do the paperwork with the girl in the office and had to say "no" about a hundred times to all the shit the try to add on. Extended warranty? Paint protection? Insurance on your key FOBs? Tire warranty? Service plan?

Easily could have added another $4-5k on a $35k truck.
Imagine a big dealer that sells a couple thousand a year. A good FI person can close 70-75% of deals for at least one to two products. that is big money. THE reason they want you to finance there, to lump it in one payment.

Top Back Refresh