What's new

Carvana review

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I searched and did not see a thread about purchasing from them.

When I first heard about them a few years back I thought that they would not do well.

Who would want to buy a car without test driving it?

Well years later and a few mouse clicks I had a car delivered right to my house by Carvana.

They give you 7 days to 'test drive' it, if for any reason you do not want it they will either just pick it up and refund your money or bring you another car to drive for 7 more days.

Their website was super easy to use.

I already knew what car I wanted (Lexus IS350) and while looking on Autotrader for one I found an ad for one listed by Carvana

A common complaint I read about Carvana is the cars sometimes arrive with more cosmetic damage than what was listed.

My car arrived like this. I was aware of a few small blemishes but my car had a few more than what they had disclosed.

Now these are small blemishes, but still.

During delivery I pointed them out and the drive took note.

I was messaged later that day they I would be getting an email soon to have the car repaired by their service center. (has not happened yet)

Mechanically my car is great, smells clean.

I found a few marks on the interior on the drivers side but a little cleaning took care of them.

The car was delivered with a full tank of gas and a fresh oil change, both things I appreciated.

Carvana also gives a 100 day 4k mile warranty, so I will be acutely looking for any issue and have it corrected (if I find any)

They do not charge any other fees over the listed price except for a $500 delivery charge.

The price on this car was very fair, in fact it is lower than many I found of the same year and mileage.

Also my car is a rare color and I was not charged anything more for it.

I chose to do the financing through them, boy did they do well there.

Last year about this time I had a high 700 score, however I have charged about $90k on my credit cards building my business so my score is low 600 right now.

I also have no income, so really a financing nightmare.

However Carvana lets you upload 3 months bank statements and will use that.

I uploaded the bank statements and 10 mins later was approved.

Now the terms are a joke, I would be a fucking clown to pay the loan as they gave it to me (20% and 72 mths - lol) but I will pay this car off within the next few months so I am not concerned about it.

Also I am not happy with the aftermarket floormats the car came with so I plan on calling them Monday and getting them to credit me $100 for them (have read that is easy to do) and will just buy the $130 Weathertech's I was going to buy anyway.

All and all I am very happy.

I did not waste any time at a dealer playing their stupid fucking games all day.

I did not have to deal with a salesman or finance manager (not my favorite people)

It was easy.

I highly recommend them.

20210311_164741.jpg
20210311_164709.jpg

yes 20% over 72 months.

paying it back that way would be right at 2x what the car cost.

If I wanted to keep a car payment I would pay off my credit card debt and then refinance into a normal rate, however I pretty much think loans are the debil so I will just pay this off asap.

X2.

20% :eek: - Wut in the mothfukling tarnation :confused:

I think I might be considered "high risk", :homer: my point was they were able to get the car financed and delivered only costing me $500 out of pocket.

Considering I don't get a paycheck and have $90k in credit card debt, I was impressed.

I think I might be considered "high risk", :homer: my point was they were able to get the car financed and delivered only costing me $500 out of pocket.

Considering I don't get a paycheck and have $90k in credit card debt, I was impressed.

Glad to see you're happy with LoanSharkna :flipoff2:

Make sure there isn't a prepayment penalty - if it's structured as a $1 pay-off lease, you just got cornholed.

I saw their commercial the other day and was wondering about "what if there was a bad ball joint, etc"; sounds like you have a window to report that and they fix it.

That makes me curious how they 'pay' for that being competitive on price, or do they only deal with vehicles that still have the factory warranty?

Also I am not happy with the aftermarket floormats the car came with so I plan on calling them Monday and getting them to credit me $100 for them (have read that is easy to do) and will just buy the $130 Weathertech's I was going to buy anyway.

All and all I am very happy.

I did not waste any time at a dealer playing their stupid fucking games all day.

I did not have to deal with a salesman or finance manager (not my favorite people)

so now you are playing the same stupid fucking games via email. Briliant.

Dings and blemishes? You bought a car sight unseen, wtf did you expect?

Floor mats? For fucking reals? Youre going to cry to them and expect them to give you $100 ?

Glad to see you're happy with LoanSharkna :flipoff2:

Make sure there isn't a prepayment penalty - if it's structured as a $1 pay-off lease, you just got cornholed.

Standard loan, can payoff at anytime.

Also I have the cash to pay it off now, am waiting a bit as I have some other stuff going on.

I am guessing they do no or minimal reconditioning. They do a quick condition report. It's probably cheaper for them to pay for the repair than it is to recondition or hire more people to do a more thorough examination of each car. I haven't used them and would be cautious given what I have heard from others.

I saw their commercial the other day and was wondering about "what if there was a bad ball joint, etc"; sounds like you have a window to report that and they fix it.

That makes me curious how they 'pay' for that being competitive on price, or do they only deal with vehicles that still have the factory warranty?

I would think the millions they save not having brick and mortar locations gives them more cash to work with.

The car I have does not have a factory warranty left.

so now you are playing the same stupid fucking games via email. Briliant.

Dings and blemishes? You bought a car sight unseen, wtf did you expect?

Floor mats? For fucking reals? Youre going to cry to them and expect them to give you $100 ?

The floor mats are not factory and do not lock into place, I would not have bought the car with that style in it.

Blemishes, well when they go out of there way to show a small blemish and not show another larger one, well that is something.

is it a big deal? Not really

I was reviewing my experience with them and giving all the information about them so others could decide if they wanted to try using them.

Same as if I was reviewing a restaurant I ate at, if I mentioned that the chicken was a tad greasy that does not mean it was a big deal, it just means if you do not want greasy chicken don't fucking order it there.

Also as for the floormats, it was listed as having the factory floormats, well it does not.

This can not be a real post. You have $90K in CREDIT CARD debt and just financed a car @ 20% and no income. :eek:

Holy shit, financial institutions fucking LOVE you. I am down to my last $10K in debt aside my mortgage. I'm fine with my 2010 camry. Sorry, sounds like bragging. I just hate paying interest. Especially on something you can wreck in the next hour.

I would think the millions they save not having brick and mortar locations gives them more cash to work with.

The car I have does not have a factory warranty left.

The floor mats are not factory and do not lock into place, I would not have bought the car with that style in it.

Blemishes, well when they go out of there way to show a small blemish and not show another larger one, well that is something.

is it a big deal? Not really

I was reviewing my experience with them and giving all the information about them so others could decide if they wanted to try using them.

Same as if I was reviewing a restaurant I ate at, if I mentioned that the chicken was a tad greasy that does not mean it was a big deal, it just means if you do not want greasy chicken don't fucking order it there.

Also as for the floormats, it was listed as having the factory floormats, well it does not.

So the car was not as described and the financing is insane. But youre ?happy-ish? With how it went

This can not be a real post. You have $90K in CREDIT CARD debt and just financed a car @ 20% and no income. :eek:

Holy shit, financial institutions fucking LOVE you. I am down to my last $10K in debt aside my mortgage. I'm fine with my 2010 camry. Sorry, sounds like bragging. I just hate paying interest. Especially on something you can wreck in the next hour.

It would seem like that, I figured most people here were familiar with what I have going on.

Credit card debt is all for Side by Sides for my rental business.

I'll have that paid off by the end of the summer.

Prior to buying them I was debt free, I live a debt free lifestyle.

I was putting that info out there to show people that Carvana does not give a fuck with their financing as it seems pretty fucking stupid (on paper) to give me a loan.

Now I am no fuckwad penis, if I was some regular working guy with a paycheck and bills I would not take a 20% loan to buy a fucking Lexus.

I also like to use a subtle humor in my posts, that may not always come through correctly and might just come across as stupidity, if you actually knew me you would get it.

Also why do you think Carvana would accept 3 months bank statements and give me a loan? Likely as there is a ton of money going through it.

They're a buy here, pay here lot via a mobile app. No shit they do well. :laughing:
I looked into them a few years ago when we were trying to find my ex a newer car. She had decent credit and the interest rates were fucking insane, like nearly 30% insane. I think the best rate she could get was like 25% and that came with a 7 year note on a 10 year old car and had stiff penalties for paying it off early.

Are they "Walmarting" the industry?

Kind of. They are using investors money to enable buying high and selling low. They are messing up the market and screwing their investors. Among other things.

Top Back Refresh