What's new

Call it a hunch

saw large rifle primers on the shelf for 9.5 cents
go to the register and they ring up at 10 cents, go back and grab the rest along with the price tag on the shelf

oh well, sorry next guy

It is nice to see the shelves full again, ammo, reloading supplies and such.

I grabbed powder right off the shelf, 2 of them and nobody stopped me.

Prices seem to be okay. Certainly coming down some.

But is anyone following what Biden is trying to pass regarding Gun parts?
I am not but my son says that parts such as Ar uppers would need a serial number and will be treated like a fire arm requiring a FFL and back ground check.

If that is the case then part prices will go through the roof before that takes effect.

thats been ongoing for a while in the courts. its not going anywhere for now.

Been to two gun shows recently. The prices for dirty worn out junk was way to high. Anything new was stuff I could go home and buy off the internet myself for hundreds less.

For instance. S&W M&P shield - used - dirty -no case - no extra mags. Seller asking $450 - won’t take less than $400. Monday I went to the store and bought a new one in the box for $400.

Been to two gun shows recently. The prices for dirty worn out junk was way to high. Anything new was stuff I could go home and buy off the internet myself for hundreds less.

For instance. S&W M&P shield - used - dirty -no case - no extra mags. Seller asking $450 - won’t take less than $400. Monday I went to the store and bought a new one in the box for $400.

Been like that for a while. I see deals on talk forums and gun broker every so often. I dunno if I'll ever go to another gun show

I don’t go to shows expecting to find good deals. I go to make fun of idjuts with the bad deals. Years back, I had an asshole trying to convince me that a detachable $20 (at the time) Uzi wood stock was worth $50 due to the historical significance of it being from Israel. You could have fit four dicks in his mouth when I explained that they were ALL from fucking Israel. My buddies and a few others had a good laugh.

You have to sift through a lot of bullshit, but there are occasional deals to be found. I always like to ask why is this used X worth more than a new one at a local big box store. I’ll sometimes get a “no paperwork” response. I let them know that I’ll use my non-felonious status and just get the new one at the store.

“I know what I got” gets Apparently the rest of the world doesn’t. Good luck with that!

“Pre Ban” written on the tag gets Excuse me, you are aware that the ban went away two decades ago? I know the local news is horrible at their job, but it IS over.

Fug em :flipoff2:

I don’t go to shows expecting to find good deals. I go to make fun of idjuts with the bad deals. Years back, I had an asshole trying to convince me that a detachable $20 (at the time) Uzi wood stock was worth $50 due to the historical significance of it being from Israel. You could have fit four dicks in his mouth when I explained that they were ALL from fucking Israel. My buddies and a few others had a good laugh.

You have to sift through a lot of bullshit, but there are occasional deals to be found. I always like to ask why is this used X worth more than a new one at a local big box store. I’ll sometimes get a “no paperwork” response. I let them know that I’ll use my non-felonious status and just get the new one at the store.

“I know what I got” gets Apparently the rest of the world doesn’t. Good luck with that!

“Pre Ban” written on the tag gets Excuse me, you are aware that the ban went away two decades ago? I know the local news is horrible at their job, but it IS over.

Roasted pecans and the guy with all the different flavors of pork rinds are about the only reason to go to a local gun show around here anymore.

I usually bite my tongue, maybe a sigh and an eye roll and carry on about my business. I had a vendor get pissed, throw his hands in the air, and storm away from his booth once from me correcting him about the quality tiers of Vortex optics he was selling. He was claiming Crossfire was higher end than Diamondback. I didn't raise my voice, or rudely argue, just disagreed, and and corrected him, he blew a gasket. You never know with some folks.

They must not think that the internet is not only out there but on most everyone’s smartphones. That and never visits firearm shops.

Last gun show I went to was a couple years ago or three maybe. A buddy bought a hand make knife was about it. I wish the old school gun shows were still around.

They know about the internets. They just can’t comprehend bat-shit asking prices and what shit actually sells for. No getting away from clown world. In five years the bullshit today will be considered old school.

Living in NY really blows when it comes to shooting supplies. I can either pay the ridiculous local prices or drive 3 hours to save some money :shaking:

They must not think that the internet is not only out there but on most everyone’s smartphones. That and never visits firearm shops.

Last gun show I went to was a couple years ago or three maybe. A buddy bought a hand make knife was about it. I wish the old school gun shows were still around.

It’s the same here now unfortunately, either in good political times or bad ones. I remember going to gun shows with my dad as a kid and there were all kinds of guys selling clean used 1911’s, wood stocked hunting rifles, milsurp stuff, etc.

Now it’s nothing but plastic pistols for the same prices you can walk into a store and buy them on any given day, and some junk pot metal Chinese knives in cases. Not sure if they upped the cost to be a vendor and it’s not worth it for solo guys, or what, but there’s not much point in going any more.

Top Back Refresh