What's new

Call it a hunch

No shit.

That entire website's prices need to be cut in half. I haven't bought ammo in over a year.
As long as retards keep buying prices will continue to be 2 to 3 times the normal price.

i probably should have asked about deals before i bought. i'm not much of an avid shooter, but i was out and been waiting for a while to buy.

just looked at Sgammo and its priced about the same i paid... ? do they have anything other than steel case stuff for under 60cents a round?

so what do you all consider a decent price on .223??
i've been working way to much lately, so the brain is a little fuzzy (and also why i dgaf about buying the ammo right now). but i dont remember 223 ever being much less than 50cents a round.... i have also only been a gun owner for the past 10yrs or so.

am i really that crazy?

edit*
-the 300 blackout was cheaper than anything on sgammo

- 9mm also cheaper where i bought than sgammo

-the 22lr is a little cheaper on sgammo, i could have saved $50. meh, over all still a better deal.

i put all of the closest matching ammo is the cart and the price from sgammo was more after shipping and tax.

between the retards running the country and inflation do you all really think ammo prices will ever be much cheaper than they are now? i can see it coming down 10-20% more but thats it. i dont think prices will ever fall mare than that unless we hit a real recession. but no matter what with the amount of dollars now in circulation, i'd say its crazy to think ammo price will ever be back to what we remember them.

Last edited:
i probably should have asked about deals before i bought. i'm not much of an avid shooter, but i was out and been waiting for a while to buy.

just looked at Sgammo and its priced about the same i paid... ? do they have anything other than steel case stuff for under 60cents a round?

so what do you all consider a decent price on .223??
i've been working way to much lately, so the brain is a little fuzzy (and also why i dgaf about buying the ammo right now). but i dont remember 223 ever being much less than 50cents a round.... i have also only been a gun owner for the past 10yrs or so.

am i really that crazy?

edit*
-the 300 blackout was cheaper than anything on sgammo

- 9mm also cheaper where i bought than sgammo

-the 22lr is a little cheaper on sgammo, i could have saved $50. meh, over all still a better deal.
Sgammo sells out daily after a shipment, what you see is the meh stuff left.

Also known for good cs, ammoman tends to be crappy shipping and was one of the first to gouge on the last few panics

There are few amazing deals. I've had better luck finding premium stuff for normal premium prices than paying 2-2.5x for plinking ammo.

Sgammo sells out daily after a shipment, what you see is the meh stuff left.

Also known for good cs, ammoman tends to be crappy shipping and was one of the first to gouge on the last few panics

There are few amazing deals. I've had better luck finding premium stuff for normal premium prices than paying 2-2.5x for plinking ammo.
so either i'm crazy, or have to be lucky.

time is the only currency, i aint wasting my time trying to save acouple % points on fake money.

As long as retards keep buying prices will continue to be 2 to 3 times the normal price.
who's retarded?

do you not see how much money has been printed?

whats normal?

its certainly retarded to think any price will return to 'normal' with the amount of money printed in the last year (s). not being aware of the current political and economic environment is super effin retarded.

the prices of guns and ammo aren't going to be better than they are now. you know more money is rolling off the presses and more laws are being passed that will only restrict and raise the prices of guns and ammo across the board. i'm putting my money where my mouth is... if price drop even 5-10% i'll drop another 2k on ammo an quick as i can.

find a time when ammo was priced normally on this graph. and adjust for todays price, tell me what you see...

and real prices, not waiting on an amazing deal bullshit

and remember the last 2 years not shown on the graph have been by far the worse... who really thinks that prices are going to come down?

oads%2F2018%2F10%2Fcpi-purchasing-power-2018.10.03.jpg

I haven’t bought ammo in over two years. I remember buying 12,000 rounds of 5.56 3 years ago. I think I was paying around $270 per 1K rounds shipped. I bought close to 80,000 rounds in a 2 year period. 5.56, 300 BO, 9mm, 12 gauge and 22lr.

I haven’t bought ammo in over two years. I remember buying 12,000 rounds of 5.56 3 years ago. I think I was paying around $270 per 1K rounds shipped. I bought close to 80,000 rounds in a 2 year period. 5.56, 300 BO, 9mm, 12 gauge and 22lr.
thats awesome. we would all jump on the deals you got back then, if we could today.

but do you really think prices are ever going to get better than they are right now? i dont. if they do, it wont be by much for very long.

i want ammo to be cheaper like everyone else, but the fact is - now is a good time to buy. its instock and at a price, well, like i said above^

the price of an diy AR is the same today as it was in 2010. another good investment i cant imagine ever being less expensive in our lifetime:beer:

I think, perhaps, the cost of ammo currently has more do to with the current administration than it does with inflation. You, yourself, said ammo prices are high but the cost of a DIY AR was at 2010 prices. That's not indicative of inflation. The price of ammo did return to acceptable levels even after Sandy Hook and Oblama and other media fueled panics. Reserve judgement until the midterm elections (provided that they have not already been bought and paid for). The fact of the matter is that the price of ammo is being held at an artificially high price by demand and not inflation.

I think, perhaps, the cost of ammo currently has more do to with the current administration than it does with inflation. You, yourself, said ammo prices are high but the cost of a DIY AR was at 2010 prices. That's not indicative of inflation. The price of ammo did return to acceptable levels even after Sandy Hook and Oblama and other media fueled panics. Reserve judgement until the midterm elections (provided that they have not already been bought and paid for). The fact of the matter is that the price of ammo is being held at an artificially high price by demand and not inflation.
All of this is correct.

this makes sence. and i agree mostly, i would say price are high because of demand AND inflation.

so how much of the cost of ammo inflated by demand? so far its been said that prices need to be half what they are, and that crazy people are currently paying 2-3x 'normal' price.

does anyone really believe that ammo prices will ever be half, or even 1/3, of the prices they are now?

who's retarded?

do you not see how much money has been printed?

whats normal?

its certainly retarded to think any price will return to 'normal' with the amount of money printed in the last year (s). not being aware of the current political and economic environment is super effin retarded.

the prices of guns and ammo aren't going to be better than they are now. you know more money is rolling off the presses and more laws are being passed that will only restrict and raise the prices of guns and ammo across the board. i'm putting my money where my mouth is... if price drop even 5-10% i'll drop another 2k on ammo an quick as i can.

I heard the exact same shit when obama was in office and a 525rd golden pack of 22LR was $100. You're the reason ammo/firearm prices are high.

The rest of us non-retards stocked up in 17-19.

I've noticed AR15 parts are starting to normalize. Complete uppers for ~$225, lowers for $60, etc.

I heard the exact same shit when obama was in office and a 525rd golden pack of 22LR was $100. You're the reason ammo/firearm prices are high.

The rest of us non-retards stocked up in 17-19.

I've noticed AR15 parts are starting to normalize. Complete uppers for ~$225, lowers for $60, etc.
Yep. Happens every 4 years. Then the retards claim prices will never go back down to reasonable levels.

maybe i'm retarded. and other retards like me have pushed prices 2-3x what they should be.

i dont think its just demand driving prices up right now, currently there is plenty of ammo out there, even our local polaris dealer has pallets of ammo on the floor.

i think the odds are prices arent going to drop by much more than 10cents/ rd for 223. and getting to the end of what i have now, its as good a time as any for me to buy.

one in the hand...

if prices do drop more than i expect i will be stocking up.

5.56 PMC brass 55 grain is 46 cents right now. I expect it to drop another 20 cents. It will take at least 2 years to get there. One of the ammo manufacturers is back ordered over 2 years.

22 ammo has never recovered. just saying

Recovered to $8 for 500rds of 20 years ago? No

I stocked up with the bucket o bullets a couple years ago for $65 each off the bass pro floor. Now they're double that.

The big deal with inflation, is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. The more retards that get on the bandwagon, the more it perpetuates.

i dont think its just demand driving prices up right now, currently there is plenty of ammo out there, even our local polaris dealer has pallets of ammo on the floor.

I will agree that there is plenty of over-priced ammo "out there", for a reason. I also know that there isn't a retailer in the US right now that has pallets of ammo anywhere. Why, because the demand is great regardless of price. If you wish to buy ammo, by all means, get what you're comfortable with as I'm not disparaging you. Inflation is only the tip of the iceberg as to why ammo is expensive right now.

Recovered to $8 for 500rds of 20 years ago? No

I stocked up with the bucket o bullets a couple years ago for $65 each off the bass pro floor. Now they're double that.

The big deal with inflation, is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. The more retards that get on the bandwagon, the more it perpetuates.
Yeah and that's sorta the issue. 22 did come back but about double to what it was. I bought a GSG when ammo was still cheap that was in 2010. I replaced the barrel in 2015 and prices went nuts right after cause I never shot it with the new barrel. Not quite 20 years ago.

But every time prices on this stuff jump they come back to some level but it's never a cheap as it was. Or that seems to be the trend.

I can't say inflation as that seems to have kicked in somewhere March/April and not sure the markey can react that fast when it's already out of stock. Or the price was already inflated due to demand, how do you determine if there is any inflation due to central banking policies?

@ FrankenToy

put your reply out side of the the reply quote box. makes it easier on all of us, to iunderstand what you said vs i said.

i agree, with everything you said except that retailers dont have pallets of ammo. literally, the local polaris dealer ship doesn't have enough machines to sell or put on the floor, so now in their place is, shit you not, pallets of 223 ammo. its not at a good price but non the less its there. give them a call if you want it Skagit Valley Polaris

I've only been using SGammo as my guide on ammo prices, and they seem to be just barely eeking down a bit. Last I bought from them was some 7.62nato at a decent price (don't remember the actual amount) that suddenly went out of stock, then reappeared shortly after at nearly double the price. I'm sure they're just like any other retailer, and that just because they show "out of stock", doesn't mean they're completely sold out, but are just waiting for the price to hit a point they want to sell at.

The guy I get reloading components for has been starting to see a few things trickle in, and at only a small percentage above what it used to be. He's still not got near what he had in the trump years though, but it's been enough that I've been able to make somewhat regular purchases again.

Cabelas had ammo on the shelf, and for a decently normal price. No powder or primers though. That's really all I look for these days.

Some of the price delay is due to inventory cost and outstanding orders.

So the distributer may be dropping prices, but many of these shops had an order from 2+ months ago at those prices. Now they have a pile of ammo at a higher cost, and they either need to let it sit to make money slowly or sell at zero profit. They usually won't order at the lower price until they clear what they have

As an example - I was taking and explosives class a couple weekends ago. The organizer has a huge machine gun rental business and also sells ammo. He said that his 9mm cost was down to 20cpr. At that he can sell it at 40cpr, be competitive and make money. But he has storage full of 9mm that he paid 45cpr for. He could sell it and break even, but that doesn't pay the bills. Now in this case he is fine, he can use the more expensive stuff for the MG rental side, where the effective per round price is higher and still make money. But if you were just a retail shop you could be stuck with that stuff till you get the cash or space or give up and sell at a loss

It's just like the guy that was hitting all the shows around here with a truck full of mason jars and academy ammo. People paid his dumb prices for a while, but then everyone desperate or dumb enough bought and he got stuck with a truck full of mason jars

I cannot explain why, but I've wanted an MP5 for a long time. I keep getting told they're shit, but for whatever reason I still want one. Maybe this will be my chance.

Also to get some defensive rounds. :flipoff2:

who the hell ever told you that? they are definitely not shit and they are definitely awesome. but if the prices dont come down, you;re going to pay a hefty price. actual HK Sp5s are bringing 3600-4000 bucks. The clones are still in the 3 grand range for the last year. Luckily, i jumped on mine in the end of 2019 for $1800. :smokin:
MP5s are indeed awesome, but there are a lot of great options now days.

With my can on it, it makes all the ammo disappear and all it leaves is a pile of brass and shit eating grin in exchange. Glock lower, so same mags as my AR9, Mlok, basically a modern MP5.

22 ammo has never recovered. just saying
nope, '17 or '18 it was back down to 20 bucks a brick shipped to your door
'19 walmart was doing their firesale and they never listed that thunderbolt was also on sale but it was $20/brick if you got them to check the price

run that up against inflation and it's cheaper than your example of $8/brick 20 years ago

MP5s are indeed awesome, but there are a lot of great options now days.

With my can on it, it makes all the ammo disappear and all it leaves is a pile of brass and shit eating grin in exchange. Glock lower, so same mags as my AR9, Mlok, basically a modern MP5.

That'd make a great truck gun

Based on the ammo prices I saw at the gun show yesterday vendors are hopeful prices aren’t coming down anytime soon. Either they bought high and have to sell high to profit or they’re just gouging. I’m leaning towards gouging because a lot of the ammo boxes I saw were pretty old. I even saw a guy selling a partial box of larger caliber hunting ammo.
I’ve seen prices steadily declining online. But nowhere else.

Top Back Refresh