What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

No dogs in the fight but, IMHO, making a can of tranny fluid was a minor faux pas.

The problem was letting the Heinerscheid cunderthunt disparage their customer base.

Put her head on a pike (figuratively, or not) and a lot of pitchfork rattlers would be over it.

No dogs in the fight but, IMHO, making a can of tranny fluid was a minor faux pas.

The problem was letting the Heinerscheid cunderthunt disparage their customer base.

Put her head on a pike (figuratively, or not) and a lot of pitchfork rattlers would be over it.

Bingo. If I'm a Bud Light drinker I honestly don't really care about the custom can photo op. But when the marketing exec behind it goes on to basically insinuate that everyone who currently drinks Bud Light is a low brow, knuckle dragging retard... well then fuck you, I'll drink some other piss water.

Fully understand that. All of that happens well below the CEO level. That's what I'm saying.

I can't speak to what the CEO knew and when he knew it, but the amount of stories they have walked out to explain it away have just added to the implosion. The fact that they can't get the story aligned could certainly indicate the spin doctors were on their own without decisive leadership from the top. If I had to wager, I bet he knew of the project to accomplish something like this but not the detailed trench work to get it done. No way a C-level exec didn't know this was going on (budget approvals come to mind for starters). I am also sure he was fed a raft of shit that it was going to be a slam dunk by the junior VP team running it....

Or, you could be right - a rogue VP team trying to make her/their bones in the world and pushing all in on the winds of wokenomics.

It will be a great case study in MBA courses coming up in the near future regardless. It certainly has captured our attention from the jump.

I think they have 2 options. Fire the entire board and all executives or sell the brand to another brewery with a history of catering to the redneck beer drinking crowd.

If they sell, it might be enough to keep the rest of the company alive since the vast majority of beer drinkers ignore, or just don't know all the other stuff InBev owns and still purchase it.

I think they have 2 options. Fire the entire board and all executives or sell the brand to another brewery with a history of catering to the redneck beer drinking crowd.

If they sell, it might be enough to keep the rest of the company alive since the vast majority of beer drinkers ignore, or just don't know all the other stuff InBev owns and still purchase it.

Their best bet (now too late) would have been to STFU and ride it out. They have the cash to survive the public lashing and the next squirrel distraction would cool the angst. All the promotions, give-aways, rebates, etc just poured gas into it. They stupid commercial ad attempts we've seen are also cases on what best not to do. I talked about the Gillete fiasco earlier in the thread during the pound-me-too movement. They got it right and went fetal. I boycotted them for as long as I could stand it but came back, because for me, their products are what I like. They got banged up enough that I was satisfied they learned the lesson of not having to comment on societal issues and just make the best product they can.

There is nothing wrong with appealing to a market segment, but when chasing new markets, make sure you don't disparage your existing core. I believe east_beast said something almost exactly the same about market retention vs new market capture.

Last edited:
Fully understand that. All of that happens well below the CEO level. That's what I'm saying.
The CEO would know about the strategic direction even if he did not mandate it himself. His C-level staff would be talking about it and he would be approving and monitoring. The CEO may not be aware of the tactics. Depends on the CEO and their style. Musk is hands-on in that way and others are figureheads.

The CEO would know about the strategic direction even if he did not mandate it himself. His C-level staff would be talking about it and he would be approving and monitoring. The CEO may not be aware of the tactics. Depends on the CEO and their style. Musk is hands-on in that way and others are figureheads.

CEO’s are not helicopter parents. They can’t be.

Implies that it’s related but the article also talks industry trends

Yeah, bullshit You don’t close a plant because sales slowed down for 3 months. this smells like them trying to guilt their former customers into buying bud light again.

Implies that it’s related but the article also talks industry trends

Cans are a superior vessel. As canning setups have become more affordable more and more craft breweries are moving to canning too. Cans are cheaper once you've made the initial equipment investment, they seal better, and you don't have to worry at all about light pollution. Cans are just better at everything vs. bottles.

Cans are a superior vessel. As canning setups have become more affordable more and more craft breweries are moving to canning too. Cans are cheaper once you've made the initial equipment investment, they seal better, and you don't have to worry at all about light pollution. Cans are just better at everything vs. bottles.
I’ve heard that for years now.

I don’t care what science says… beer tastes better out of a bottle.

I’ve heard that for years now.

I don’t care what science says… beer tastes better out of a bottle.

Yes.

My favorite local brewery used to do everything in bottles. They started offering cans too, but kept the bottles. Then they started putting all the seasonal stuff in cans and left their two staples in bottles. I know they're going to go to all cans eventually and it pisses me off.

Startup <> long standing company like ABI.

Simply cannot be compared.
You would be mistaken. The style of a CEO is not correlated to the age of the company. Ask any CEO who is brought in to turn around a failing operation.

I am thinking you are kidding here.

If not, because of this

If I pay to have the dick and balls of my dog cutoff it would not make it a girl, it would be a dickless male.

Same for humans.
If I changed my name would you call me by my old name?

Top Back Refresh