What's new

Boots! work boots

I just wore them. The leather was pretty stiff at first but they are very comfortable now. I’ll take pictures when I get home later. I had an incident at work this winter, spilled pure methanol on them and didn’t wash it off. It kind of trashed the finish on the rubber part. They’re still water proof and still comfortable.

Mine are like the og timber fellin mofo boots. Cork insoles, screw on soles, rough side out, steel shanks, ect. I know guys who work in the woods every day and they get 10 years out of them. But I guess my feet aren't 100% covered in calluses yet? :laughing:

Mine are like the og timber fellin mofo boots. Cork insoles, screw on soles, rough side out, steel shanks, ect.
Which model? I need safety toe and EH, so that has me looking at these and grabbing my ass.
Lineman Pro (Electrical Hazard): White's Boots, Inc.

Whites “Pacs”. Mine are the serious snow boot for sub freezing temp and you’re going to be standing in snow/mud for 12 hours a day. If it’s to warm out my feet sweat in them negating the water proof part. I use a harbor freight boot dryer to dry them out. Only use them in winter months and then put them away for the summer. That’s probably why their still useable after 6 years, they get 2/3 of the year off. Still comfortable even though they look like shit.

E550A787-17DA-4D94-AFF5-79E350FB0BC6.jpeg
DB52571F-8261-42B7-8A68-7773BE72AD25.jpeg
DB292937-6813-450E-BC47-36C83B4E3175.jpeg

Whites “Pacs”. Mine are the serious snow boot for sub freezing temp and you’re going to be standing in snow/mud for 12 hours a day. If it’s to warm out my feet sweat in them negating the water proof part. I use a harbor freight boot dryer to dry them out. Only use them in winter months and then put them away for the summer. That’s probably why their still useable after 6 years, they get 2/3 of the year off. Still comfortable even though they look like shit.

E550A787-17DA-4D94-AFF5-79E350FB0BC6.jpeg
DB52571F-8261-42B7-8A68-7773BE72AD25.jpeg
DB292937-6813-450E-BC47-36C83B4E3175.jpeg
Schnees are better for that style of boot IMHO.

Mine have zero insulation, so breaking them in is rough.

I used to just buy Danner quarrys, they were comfy and lasted decently. I might grab another pair.

I do now live like 90 Mins from whites, so maybe I need to ask them wtf? I've heard they will reshape them for you.

I'm coming off a broken heel does anyone have to wear orthopedic work boots ?

My feet tend to hurt anyways and I can't imagine it getting better under my current circumstances.

Have we come to a consensus on good boots for large men who work on a concrete floor all day?

Have we come to a consensus on good boots for large men who work on a concrete floor all day?
3525B48B-8072-4EAD-9680-A261E7916B7A.png

I wear a pair of thorogoods like the top right pic. I’m 6’4 about 220. Wedge soles are hard to beat if your on concrete all day.

3525B48B-8072-4EAD-9680-A261E7916B7A.png

I wear a pair of thorogoods like the top right pic. I’m 6’4 about 220. Wedge soles are hard to beat if your on concrete all day.
How do they handle oil and grease? I'm a mechanic so that's the environment, I had a pair of Danner super quarrys I believe was the model but they've been discontinued.

Fwiw, I wore my whites all last week. Found a pair of crazy thick boot socks, and sometimes wear a regular boot sock under those. They've been decent and seem to be loosening up a bit. My wife got me some ariat insoles, but the boots are meant to have them, so it makes them tight on the top of your foot. I do like how secure my feet feel in them on bad terrain. I still can't fathom hiking all day in something like these, but maybe after months of break in, I'll get it :laughing:

Fwiw, I wore my whites all last week. Found a pair of crazy thick boot socks, and sometimes wear a regular boot sock under those. They've been decent and seem to be loosening up a bit. My wife got me some ariat insoles, but the boots are meant to have them, so it makes them tight on the top of your foot. I do like how secure my feet feel in them on bad terrain. I still can't fathom hiking all day in something like these, but maybe after months of break in, I'll get it :laughing:
You'll love them over time. Sounds counterintuitive but it's true. Absolutely love my White's. Have 2 pair, smoke jumpers and packers.

You'll love them over time. Sounds counterintuitive but it's true. Absolutely love my White's. Have 2 pair, smoke jumpers and packers.

I've heard that many times, I think I was just not wearing thick enough socks. You have any suggestions for socks? I have some nice darn tough socks and some decent boot socks off Amazon. The only ones that really work are fox something I bought local, they're thick as fuck :laughing:

I looked at whites socks, but at $25/pr :eek:

Even the made in us fox were $16 for 2 pr.

I usually wear regular cotton socks from Costco or smartwool thinner ones. My 1st pair of White's was over 20yrs ago though. The last new pair was 6ish years ago and have one rebuild and are ready for another soon. But, the last rebuild has me looking into nicks or franks for what it's worth. Not impressed.

Now, my Redwing slip ons that have been rebuilt a couple times :smokin: those are bitchen...on flat ground.

How do they handle oil and grease? I'm a mechanic so that's the environment, I had a pair of Danner super quarrys I believe was the model but they've been discontinued.

About 1/3 of the guys in our maintenance department wear thorogoods and usually get 1.5-2 years before they break out a new set of boots (Probably have more life but the company gives us $250/yr for boots).

In my experience oil and grease doesn't hurt a good pair of leather boots with a heavy sole. When I was in the oilfield my invert boots lasted forever with the soles eventually breaking down, my brine/WBM boots got obenhaufs every quarter to keep from cracking.

Danners, merrels, crispis when I work on the field and when I did so day in day out. Be it trenches, industrial settings, jobsites, attics, farm, equipment. Have a classic pair of boots, but they're my "office setting" as the aforementioned depict "outdoorsman" more than "consultant" at times.

Never understood cowboy boots.

Never understood a heavy stiff boot.

Danners, merrels, crispis when I work on the field and when I did so day in day out. Be it trenches, industrial settings, jobsites, attics, farm, equipment. Have a classic pair of boots, but they're my "office setting" as the aforementioned depict "outdoorsman" more than "consultant" at times.

Never understood cowboy boots.

Never understood a heavy stiff boot.

If you're in fucked up terrain all day every day, you want some ankle support. My danners are comfy but offer little to no ankle support. That was my reason to switch. I'm still on the fence on weather or not it's worth it :laughing:

I've heard that many times, I think I was just not wearing thick enough socks. You have any suggestions for socks? I have some nice darn tough socks and some decent boot socks off Amazon. The only ones that really work are fox something I bought local, they're thick as fuck :laughing:

I looked at whites socks, but at $25/pr :eek:

Even the made in us fox were $16 for 2 pr.
I’ve been wearing redwing socks. Not cheap but have a lifetime warranty.

Figure 30 hours of break in on whites, active break in. Slather them with obenaufs. The easiest break in is soak them in water overnight and then wear them dry. The midsole will conform to your feet. Wearing an insole messes with that. Hopefully the shop fit you correctly.

Franks told me 60 hours to break in my last pair. They took every bit of that. I want another pair to replace my whites.

If you're in fucked up terrain all day every day, you want some ankle support. My danners are comfy but offer little to no ankle support. That was my reason to switch. I'm still on the fence on weather or not it's worth it :laughing:
Then check out merrel or crispi. I'm a fan of light hiking boots for work, haven't found my danners to not provide enough ankle support...

.... course my ankles ain't bitches:flipoff2:

was due for a re-up on the company dime for a set of safety shoes. Went with the Carolina Ferrics. Looking forward to trying them out, seem WAY nicer than the timberlands I've owned in the past. For an office loser they should last the rest of my life :laughing:

1650286080673.png

I’ve been wearing redwing socks. Not cheap but have a lifetime warranty.

Figure 30 hours of break in on whites, active break in. Slather them with obenaufs. The easiest break in is soak them in water overnight and then wear them dry. The midsole will conform to your feet. Wearing an insole messes with that. Hopefully the shop fit you correctly.

Franks told me 60 hours to break in my last pair. They took every bit of that. I want another pair to replace my whites.

I was told 100 hours :laughing:

Then check out merrel or crispi. I'm a fan of light hiking boots for work, haven't found my danners to not provide enough ankle support...

.... course my ankles ain't bitches:flipoff2:

Those look sweet for someone who paints marks on stuff. :laughing:

I was told 100 hours :laughing:

100 if you‘re a lazy ass 70% of the time. :lmao:

Was maybe 100 a long time ago, before Whites started making them lighter. My Frank’s office boots have heavier leather than my whites. Frank made me promise I wouldn’t wear them for “real work”. :laughing:

If you have woman ankles, like me, Frank will add some stiffness. I highly recommend that addon.

100 if you‘re a lazy ass 70% of the time. :lmao:

You mean like driving a truck or sitting in a machine? :laughing:

Was maybe 100 a long time ago, before Whites started making them lighter. My Frank’s office boots have heavier leather than my whites. Frank made me promise I wouldn’t wear them for “real work”. :laughing:

If you have woman ankles, like me, Frank will add some stiffness. I highly recommend that addon.

I've never had any issues with my ankles before, doing lots of dumb stuff, including lots of dirt bike riding without riding boots. But got out of a loader once and didn't realize I parked over a dip, I thought I snapped my ankle. Went in for x rays and it was was a really bad sprain. It sucked, didn't want it to happen again so I bought real boots.

Ie: not real work. :flipoff2:

Any of you ever wear these? I need a set of hunting/hiking boots.

I haven't worn those, but I've had 5 pairs of Keen boots after switching away from Irish Setters and have been happy with them. Used to wear Keen Pittsburgh and switched to Keen Mt. Vernon - Mt Vernon are made in USA and so far the most comfortable boots I've owned, more leather on them and holding up better than the Pittsburgh boots did. Men's Mt Vernon 6" Waterproof Boot (Soft Toe)

E4360640-D5FA-44C6-B48A-62CD02A001EE.jpeg
Finally got a new pair of Wescos, I bought the ones on the left in 2003……:eek:I don’t really beat in them too bad, but they have stood the test of time, and that’s why I’m sticking with the same……. I still have the box for the old ones, $259 then, $390 now..

Those old ones look rebuildable actually.

I've been wearing the whites every day. With some thick ass Fox River socks, they're getting pretty decent. I bought 2 packs (2 pair) of the heavyweight work socks and 1 pack (1 pair) of the extra heavyweight boot and field socks. They were all around $20/pack, so the boot and field were not cheap, but they're nice on a colder day. Definitely would recommend those socks.

Top Back Refresh