What's new

Boots! work boots

A_G

Semi-Controlled rage
Member Number
Loc
Tahlequah, OK
Time for me to get new work boots.

Ive had danners they were nice but i fuck them up too much to take advantage of the we rebuild them
Ive been rocking hytest work books for 2 years. I smoke through boots in a years time so that 2 pairs.

Im starting to have a ankle issue with mine, i think the boot isnt supporting my lower leg upper ankle area and causing pain. im fine with tennis shoes it only happens with my work boots.

Im looking at thorogood.

What do you use?

A month ago I went with a pair of the insulated Chippewa 8" loggers in brown. Took about a week to break in but great now. I replaced the laces after about 2 weeks with a set of Ironlaces. I also put a coat of Snowseal(beeswax) on them. They are supposedly waterproof from the factory but I always add the Snowseal if they are decent boots.

Time for me to get new work boots.

Ive had danners they were nice but i fuck them up too much to take advantage of the we rebuild them
Ive been rocking hytest work books for 2 years. I smoke through boots in a years time so that 2 pairs.

Im starting to have a ankle issue with mine, i think the boot isnt supporting my lower leg upper ankle area and causing pain. im fine with tennis shoes it only happens with my work boots.

Im looking at thorogood.

What do you use?

I work in ground stabilization ( lime ) and I've yet to find work boots that aren't trashed before the season is up , subbed.

Not sure if they're "work boots" per se but I love Bates. They have a pretty extensive product line too.

I'm just as hard on boots as you. I finally found one that lasts.

GB00318_8_LARGE.jpg?sw=398&sh=398.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	GB00318_8_LARGE.jpg?sw=398&sh=398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	253890

https://www.georgiaboot.com/georgia-...t/GB00318.html

I'm on my 3rd pair of Georgia boots. I have been very happy with them. Y'all just missed a 20% off sale that ended yesterday.

Theres a thread in the shop and tools section. Been wearing carolinas for a while. Holding up way better than redwings did.

I've been happy with Danner's mid-line Quarry, but I don't work in a rock crushing plant. They've been comfortable for daily wear and hiking in the mountains.

I was wearing through the toes fast, but TuffToe on the steel cap fixed that.

I'll probably get a new pair in the next year. I feel that their $150 "Recrafting" is a waste of time on boots that sell for $280. I've had them locally resoled once, but it gets to be a diminishing return...

20210101_133100.jpg

The only non $$$ boot I've found that fit me well are keens. I'm a buyer for life.

Have a pair of redwings that are nice (forget the model) and a pair of the danner rain forests that are about on par but they are also free from work so that gives them a head up on the red wings. Would love a pair of nicks but I can’t get them for free soooooo.................:flipoff2:

Oilfield guy here. I’ve tried every brand I know of over the last 25 years. Keens are my favorite, like a tennis shoe for comfort and weight but steel toe for safety compliance. My feet sweat 24/7 so I wear the Keen Logandale which are meant to breathe. I have Muck steel toes for full on mud/snow duty. Whites for the -20 shit but the most comfortable for my big fat 13 eee feet are the Keen’s.

much to
2big bronco ​​​​​​shagrin redwing doesn’t make a boot I can stand.

Recently switched to Thorogood (Softstreets oxfords, I work inside on concrete) for the past 4 months or so with no real meaningful signs of wear and they're one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Took a day or two to break in and get used to them but they're doing well despite being covered in automotive chemicals constantly along with welding/cutting/grinding.

Last 7-8 years I've worn Redbacks but the quality has gone down and the price has gone up on them so I decided to try something new.

much to
2big bronco ​​​​​​shagrin redwing doesn’t make a boot I can stand.

Huh? Lately I've been wearing these cheap dickies with the skate shoe type sole. If I put tuff guard on the toe and stitching I can almost squeeze a year out of them.... but for $100/pair I'm calling that a win

I bought my first pair of Keen’s 7ish years ago and have never looked back. By far the most comfortable boots I’ve tried.

I’ll be that guy. Nick’s:flipoff2:

I also got a pair of keen’s I really like. But they are hiking boots, not work. I liked the thorogoods I had for a while, the white wedge sole kind, but I’m a fatass and they have a fiberglass shank. I think I ended up busting a shank in the one because they went from being really comfortable to suck ass really quickly.

How are you ruining them? Is it chemicals eating them away, or just wear and tear? Definitely don’t do the custom boot thing if something caustic is just going to dissolve them in a year.

My kid likes his Nick’s but holy fuck are they spendy

Buy combat boots. They're designed to be comfortable for some crayon eater who's standing around on guard duty. :flipoff2:

2010-2012 I rocked Converse Rapid Response (like $100 boot, nothing fancy). They were fine but it took two years on asphalt to wear the soles. They gripped great on slippery surfaces though.

2013-2020 I rocked random Wellco boots with virbram soles. Ocean State Job Lot had a sale at $50 a pop so I bought a summer (no insulation, no toe), fall (steel toe, little insulation) and winter (steel toe, good insulation) set. I rocked those through 2020. The sole on the summer set wore down first. I put a fuckton of pavement miles on those. At some point after the sole wore down the winter or fall ones cracked at the ball of the foot. It was fine but not waterproof. I trashed those in 2017 or so. I used whichever one was left until mid-2020. At the end of summer 2020 I trashed the summer and fall/winter (whichever was remaining) Welcos and bought another pair of Reebok Rapid Response (converse sold the product line). Took a week or two of serious pain on the top of the foot to wear them in but once they wore in it didn't even feel like wearing shoes anymore.

In any case, point is that I'm 200% satisfied with the cheapest combat boots money can buy.

I bought my first pair of Keen’s 7ish years ago and have never looked back. By far the most comfortable boots I’ve tried.
Look up keen live monumental tour. Several years ago Keen headed a campaign to classify hundreds of thousands of acres of public blm lands as national monuments closing it down to off-roading hunting fishing. Have heard nothing but good things about their products but will not spend my money to have it redirected to causes such as this.

not much information still on the internet but here is one of the articles I found

https://www.snewsnet.com/press-rele...-newest-national-monuments-nevadas-gold-butte

personally I'm kind of fond of wearing military boots..

but I don't have a lot of choice when trying to get size 16 extra wide..

back in the day I wore quite a few pairs of Doc Martens.. but they dont make em big enuff

Look up keen live monumental tour. Several years ago Keen headed a campaign to classify hundreds of thousands of acres of public blm lands as national monuments closing it down to off-roading hunting fishing. Have heard nothing but good things about their products but will not spend my money to have it redirected to causes such as this.

not much information still on the internet but here is one of the articles I found

https://www.snewsnet.com/press-rele...-newest-national-monuments-nevadas-gold-butte

I am well aware of what they do. It is nearly impossible to find a large company that hasn’t at one point donated to something you disagree with and I do try to take that into account when purchasing. In addition to off-roading, I am also into hiking. Try buying hiking equipment from manufacturers that aren’t anti off-road. It’s all a balance.

At the end of the day, I am buying my boots for comfort. I wear them far more than any other pair of footwear and I don’t want to kill my feet. I’ve been a commercial electrician for 20+ years and have tried many different brands of boots along the way. Keens have been the best I’ve worn so far.

I am well aware of what they do. It is nearly impossible to find a large company that hasn’t at one point donated to something you disagree with and I do try to take that into account when purchasing. In addition to off-roading, I am also into hiking. Try buying hiking equipment from manufacturers that aren’t anti off-road. It’s all a balance.

At the end of the day, I am buying my boots for comfort. I wear them far more than any other pair of footwear and I don’t want to kill my feet. I’ve been a commercial electrician for 20+ years and have tried many different brands of boots along the way. Keens have been the best I’ve worn so far.
That’s why I prefer small businesses
not knocking your decision just wanted to make sure everyone was informed. And yes I have been forced to make the same decision of purchasing through a company I don’t agree with for the product that better fits me also.

Timberland pros or bust. Make sure to go get fitted first if you're buying online as they have different sizing than other boots, same with their shoes.

mine too what helped me was buying two pairs, wear one pair one day wear the other the next so they have time to dry out

i will try the keens next

Save yourself some heartache and get yourself a boot/glove dryer
dDdOlZsm.jpg

My feet never stop sweating so this thing is a life saver

Top Back Refresh