What's new

big dumb loads

2021-01-06_12-38-40_jpg-1766969.jpg

2021-01-06_12-41-05_jpg-1766973.jpg

It would be cool if the quad was pushing the non running van.

Wait, is that the guy from the old sit that built a big ass trailer to haul out his big ass boat? Chaz something?

Wait, is that the guy from the old sit that built a big ass trailer to haul out his big ass boat? Chaz something?

Chaz murray hauled big shit for a living. He posted pics of some cool shit now and again.

And flipping his car trailer on flat ground as well.

So I needed to get a 600lb drum from the old dock area to the building. Sweet I'll use this mini tommy gate we bought a year ago and never used. :laughing:

Winch that lifts the load is stronger than both the hitch and the lift itself. If you look close you can see the chain on the hoist hooked to a comealong anchored to the third row seat mounts. Hitch is getting replaced finally it's had holes in it for a while now.

received_485466422472584.jpeg

Are you assuming 5 or 10 pallets?
that shoved hard over to the rail for what i assume would be the 2nd row of pallets.

In my assumptions that 20-30,000 on a 7k trailer.

Are you assuming 5 or 10 pallets?
that shoved hard over to the rail for what i assume would be the 2nd row of pallets.

In my assumptions that 20-30,000 on a 7k trailer.
5 pallets. I can see 1-2 boards between the rail and the pallet all the way up (look at the shadow of the top rail on the floor next to the pallets) and it looks like the stacks are the same width as the pallet on top so I am assuming 1 stack all the way up.
Generally those trailers are 82" wide, so 2 40"x44" pallets with sod hanging over the sides would be a REALLY tight fit and almost impossible to load unless you have a telehandler or a truck with a boom and a set of block forks.
Single row I can see pushing on with a skidsteer, forklft or a moffet lift from the back.

Aaron Z

5 pallets. I can see 1-2 boards between the rail and the pallet all the way up (look at the shadow of the top rail on the floor next to the pallets) and it looks like the stacks are the same width as the pallet on top so I am assuming 1 stack all the way up.
Generally those trailers are 82" wide, so 2 40"x44" pallets with sod hanging over the sides would be a REALLY tight fit and almost impossible to load unless you have a telehandler or a truck with a boom and a set of block forks.
Single row I can see pushing on with a skidsteer, forklft or a moffet lift from the back.

Aaron Z

they unstacked it from the pallets thats why theres empty pallets on top, i bet theres about 7 pallets worth on that trailer

Ah, I was assuming the empties were just so they could tie down the sod. Either way the trailer is way overloaded.

Aaron Z

But the 98 f150 they were probably using to pull it was doing just fine....

But the 98 f150 they were probably using to pull it was doing just fine....

I'm sure they would have wasted a semi float wheel bearing if they continued like that but vehicles have tons more fudge factor in their weight ratings. I'd be happier with 10k on the back of anything with a full float D60 or better (i.e. none of that Toyota or Land Rover garbage) axle than I would be with 10k on a trailer axle rated for 10k.

Top Back Refresh