What's new

big dumb loads

[No message]

photo55536.jpg

Popped up in my FB memories...just one of the things we did with this truck.

Click image for larger version Name:	207962_680156753499_537976_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	366389

Bronco had a 6BT, ZF5, 205, Dana 80 rear, SAS D44HD front, lots of motor work done. Same truck towed my 1-ton XJ in an enclosed box out to KOH '09, also a transport to Austin TX from NJ, plenty of other stuff. Motor had 300k when we put it in the Bronco. Best guess is 500k+ at this point. Sometimes shit just works. Even if it's the 3rd ZF5 and the one headed out to CA may have had the fluid dumped into a storm drain because all the synchros locked up

Last edited:
Fuckin npr’s get anywhere close to the 15685 lb payload and the bitch squats so much the lift gate won’t open or fold back under. have to find a dip to drop the front end in.

and what cocksucker designed these shit boxes to not let enough 70mph air naturally be forced through the radiator so every 30 seconds the mother fucking fan clutch engages and there’s all that goddamn noise?!?!

FAF65E0D-9F04-45AD-97F0-5B768C26DE54.jpeg

Fuckin npr’s get anywhere close to the 15685 lb payload and the bitch squats so much the lift gate won’t open or fold back under. have to find a dip to drop the front end in.

and what cocksucker designed these shit boxes to not let enough 70mph air naturally be forced through the radiator so every 30 seconds the mother fucking fan clutch engages and there’s all that goddamn noise?!?!

It's a rental. They probably spec'd it out to make it uncomfortable to operate near its rated payload. :laughing:

Dude, he's not spending the $20 because he's got it covered :laughing:.

For some reason, this reminds me of ford explorers and $10 parts

I'm driving my cclb f350 a couple months after the Cummins swap, heading to scrap yard pulling a 30' GN with 2 ford explorers, maybe a 3rd car stuffed on top. I'm on the shittiest windy no shoulder road in Tucson, and I run a tank dry showing 1/4, flip the switch, 1/4 tank, she's dry too. That's the day i learned about rotten pickup tubes....By pure luck, I manage to stuff this thing into the smallest parking pullout imaginable. I'm calling home, shitty connection, it sounds like the yard guy is gonna bring fuel, but who knows

a nice expedition with a pretty fine looking Latina pulls up and asks me what I'm doing with the grille and headlights from the explorer. I laugh and tell her I'll give it to her for 5 gallons of diesel. Deal :laughing:

Her husband is in the passenger seat, he no habla ingles. I tell her to leave him there to pull the parts while she goes for fuel.

I gave him tools, he's up on the deck working on it, I'm cracking open fuel lines. He's got his parts pulled by the time she gets back. There was a couple years there where I stepped in shit and smelled like roses all day long. Then there was the next couple where I couldn't catch a break if my life depended on it :laughing:

Last edited:
Would this qualify for BDL status? Oil bath axle dually goose. 5 ton on trailer is every bit of 23k. My F250 in the front. Took it as a spoof picture. We were going to attempt to haul it with my brothers f450. We made it to the end of the street and both said no way in hell. Ended up driving the 5 ton 600 miles instead and got a whopping 7.25 mpg

i have done way worse than that with a bumper pull.

I had one of those ford aspire piles of shit.

should have never sold it.
beat on it like you stole it and still get 40+ mpg.

A Festiva is one of my bucket list cars. Cool old 80s subcompact and I get to answer the "is an 80s Korean car really that bad?" question for myself. :laughing:

A Festiva is one of my bucket list cars. Cool old 80s subcompact and I get to answer the "is an 80s Korean car really that bad?" question for myself. :laughing:

honestly it wasn't. It was a solid little bastard.
other than the rust.
The AC compressor locked up one day, but separate v belt. Cut it off with my pocket knife and continued on.
I don't even think it had power steering.

I had one of those ford aspire piles of shit.

should have never sold it.
beat on it like you stole it and still get 40+ mpg.

Those fall into this category of car: always has a bunch of stuff wrong with it. Also always starts, goes, turns, stops, mostly.

You sound a little too proud of endangering everyone on the road or sidewalk near you.

You ever been to Texas? That's just a normal everyday load around here. If I took pics of every "big dumb load" I pass on a daily basis in this state the thread would be 500 pages already.

Know what endangers everyone on the roads around here? Non driving motherfuckers. Can we ban them first?

Top Back Refresh