What's new

big dumb loads

FB_IMG_1618799168652.jpg
FB_IMG_1618799164107.jpg
FB_IMG_1618799159918.jpg

Fb bringing the goods

I had to look at the manlift 3 times to figure out what orientation it was laying on the ground. I really like the undercarriage sitting on the shoulder in the distance. Spectacular. Wonder if the driver had only the standard $1m commercial liability policy.

FB_IMG_1618799168652.jpg
FB_IMG_1618799164107.jpg
FB_IMG_1618799159918.jpg

Fb bringing the goods

That was quite the manlift before they tried to use it as a demolition tool...

Aaron Z

I had to look at the manlift 3 times to figure out what orientation it was laying on the ground. I really like the undercarriage sitting on the shoulder in the distance. Spectacular. Wonder if the driver had only the standard $1m commercial liability policy.

how many millions of $$ do you think that will cost to replace/fix that bridge?

Where is the truck that was hauling it? I don't see it in any of the picture angles?

Fucking win

Yep, those idiots who overload the fuck out of their rigs, then run 30mph with the flashers on, especially on 35 & 10.

Unless you can pull that load around, and safely stop from posted speed, its dumb. I constantly see trailers loaded to the gills with blown tires on the side of tbe road. Guess they ran out of common sense.

I think you should your mask on and hide in your house. It's dangerous out there.

I think you should your mask on and hide in your house. It's dangerous out there.

I stay in the monfort lane with the hammer down. You other retards can keep flat towing and snaking down the road at 35mph claiming "it did great!"

Reactions: DMG
I stay in the monfort lane with the hammer down. You other retards can keep flat towing and snaking down the road at 35mph claiming "it did great!"

Spoken with the naive certainty of that asshole that thinks you need a 1-ton to tow a bass boat and that you're entitled to the left lane just because you're going the limit X over. :laughing:

Unless you're so stupid that you need the extra magin to save you from yourself there's no reason to size your truck and trailer around the biggest stuff you need to move.

how many millions of $$ do you think that will cost to replace/fix that bridge?

Where is the truck that was hauling it? I don't see it in any of the picture angles?

Couple/few million a span if it's a full replacement. The steel can technically be heated and bent back and the torn parts cut out and replaced. There a a few companies that specialize in just that. Not all states/DOTs would allow it though. The concrete girder is pretty much a full demo and replace. Since it looks like only the outside one in the pic above, they can usually saw cut to the next girder and just replace the outside one and the deck up to that point - pretty much like a bridge widening would do.

It's the fines, cleanup and damages for shutting the highway and overpass down for an extended period of time that really add up. I've been on projects where a full, unscheduled shutdown of a a highway had liquidated damages in the $20-50k per hour range.

Couple/few million a span if it's a full replacement. The steel can technically be heated and bent back and the torn parts cut out and replaced. There a a few companies that specialize in just that. Not all states/DOTs would allow it though. The concrete girder is pretty much a full demo and replace. Since it looks like only the outside one in the pic above, they can usually saw cut to the next girder and just replace the outside one and the deck up to that point - pretty much like a bridge widening would do.

It's the fines, cleanup and damages for shutting the highway and overpass down for an extended period of time that really add up. I've been on projects where a full, unscheduled shutdown of a a highway had liquidated damages in the $20-50k per hour range.
So what happens when the company responsible just says fuck it and declares bankruptcy? Does the state just eat the costs then?

So what happens when the company responsible just says fuck it and declares bankruptcy? Does the state just eat the costs then?
If the owner is in-state they probably pull strings that only state angencies can pull to get the corporate veil pierced and make the owner basically an indentured servant of the state for life paying off some absurd judgement.

If the owner is out of state they try and fail at doing that and the owner starts a new business.

Either way legal fees just by themselves probably run into the six figures.

There is a bar on the end of the stroll in Mendocino with pics like a 6 horse
team pulling a buckboard parked atop a redwood stump.
So the pic reminded me of that joint...Not a ton of pine up there , but.

Didnt see a chain nor strap holding down the middle truck. Shit like this is why DOT is a farce. Never mind the lift gate holding up the CRV in death trap #2
Snapchat-1745760776.jpg

No shit, every time I drove the F350 shop truck down the 35 I got pulled over for "random" inspections. Those fuckers just drive on through like everything is cool.

This was local to me, I live 4 miles away from this bridge and I’ll be going under it in a half hour lol. The truck is further down 87 in the right lane.

This bridge has been hit before just never this bad. It’s the lowest bridge in the area at 14’4” and the rest are 15’6”. The guy got on the exit from a local rental yard and this is the first bridge he went under. The damage and repairs are already in the millions and repair work is 24/7. Funny thing is this bridge just was revamped recently and finished and it took years.

3/5 structural spans are compromised. The traffic underneath finally opened up because they added temporary support structures.They’re currently ripping up the road on top of the bridge to do a total rebuild.
OOF that's gonna hurt the pocketbook.

30 cases of lead and brass stuff, and a trunk full of other junk. :flipoff2: I’m about to pull the front passenger seat it’s just in the way I dont use it.

Attachments

• DFA2755A-5B81-47E7-9038-6520CBB7C0DE.jpeg
    DFA2755A-5B81-47E7-9038-6520CBB7C0DE.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 114
Top Back Refresh