What's new

Biden picks Buttplug . . .

Buttiplug*

He actually ran a really good campaign. I mean, I wouldn't vote for him but I thought he would have a future in politics..

And load them with traincars you can put your automobile on.

heh, you're making a joke, but yeah, that's probably what it would take to get people on board unless local cities can somehow figure out better city wide mass transportation. Taking a train to LA would suck once you get there because then you're just spending money on ubers and taxis all day... or riding the bus next to the meth head and the homeless guy with the wet phlegmy cough.

heh, you're making a joke, but yeah, that's probably what it would take to get people on board unless local cities can somehow figure out better city wide mass transportation. Taking a train to LA would suck once you get there because then you're just spending money on ubers and taxis all day... or riding the bus next to the meth head and the homeless guy with the wet phlegmy cough.

I'm serious. I'd love to be able to put a gas hog camper on a train. Highway 1 here I come.

i beginning to believe that these outliers in the campaigns is to show you will fall in line with party for a cabinet seat.

Amtrak used to do that.

I'm serious. I'd love to be able to put a gas hog camper on a train. Highway 1 here I come.

That would be sick. Motorhome with crawler on trailer headed to moab via train. I'm 100% in. All we had to do was appoint a gay dude to do that?

I visited a buddy in Switzerland a few years back. Their train system (both local and long distance) was amazing. Everything was clean, in good repair, on time, and everywhere. My buddy didn't even own a car, he picked us up from the airport in a rental because he was worried us americans wouldn't like taking the train from the airport. We went mountain biking all over the country, and used rail transportation the whole time. It's awesome when you can crack a beer and let someone else get you there just as fast as driving.

. . .
I visited a buddy in Switzerland a few years back. Their train system (both local and long distance) was amazing. Everything was clean, in good repair, on time, and everywhere. . .

In Switzerland and Germany, the trains run 99.9% to the timetables (like almost gun-to-the-head parity).

In Italy, there is a situation in which all trains arrive and depart exactly on-schedule.

- The Italian word for this event is "coincidenza" :laughing:

what?

I've traveled to many cities and simply bought a weekend bus pass and used mass transit.

even chicago.

you're stereotyping of people using mass transit is bullshit.

In Switzerland and Germany, the trains run 99.9% to the timetables (like almost gun-to-the-head parity).

In Italy, there is a situation in which all trains arrive and depart exactly on-schedule.

- The Italian word for this event is "coincidenza" :laughing:

Funny you should mention Italy. After Switzerland we actually took the train down to Italy and traveled around there for a week. My swiss buddies came with us on the first stop and we took a high speed trail that was jointly managed by Switzerland and Italy. They talked shit about it the entire time we were on our way to the station, and even more shit about it while we waited for it to show up. There were jokes about how dirty it was, and that it might catch on fire, etc. I thought they were going a little overboard until the train rolled up. It was the shittiest looking thing in the Zurich train station. Dirty, graffiti everywhere, bunch of broken crap on it, and the inside wasn't much better. We left late and got to our destination even later. A few weeks after we got back, I saw on the world news that the same train had actually caught fire. I sent the article over to my Swiss buddy with a "lol, it actually came true!" He told me it had happened before and that's why they were making all the fire jokes.

what?

I've traveled to many cities and simply bought a weekend bus pass and used mass transit.

even chicago.

you're stereotyping of people using mass transit is bullshit.

I love mass transportation because I don't' have to be sober to use it. I also love to travel and drink while on vacation. As a result, I have taken mass transit in lots of cities, in the US and other countries as well, to the point where I would be here all day if I had to name them all, even the L trains in Chicago. LA's mass transit is probably the grossest and most inconvenient that I have ever been on. I'm even counting Italy in that comparison.

I love mass transportation because I don't' have to be sober to use it. I also love to travel and drink while on vacation. As a result, I have taken mass transit in lots of cities, in the US and other countries as well, to the point where I would be here all day if I had to name them all, even the L trains in Chicago. LA's mass transit is probably the grossest and most inconvenient that I have ever been on. I'm even counting Italy in that comparison.

considered that as a reflection of california and LA and not so much the rest of the country?

Apparently he's never paid to park a car either.

I've certainly ridden the bus in a city I drove to in order to avoid $25 in every parking garage at every thing i wanted to see.
leave my shit at the hotel for $10 a day and not worry about it, buy a $20 weekend bus pass.
be perfectly happy.

considered that as a reflection of california and LA and not so much the rest of the country?

SF is fine, San Jose is fine, Sacramento is fine(but slightly less convenient), San Diego is great(but I might just have a rosey feeling about San Diego in general because warm weather and tacos).

We are all going to wish he was Secretary of State, or something more substantial than Transpiration. He would have won the election with out cheating

I've certainly ridden the bus in a city I drove to in order to avoid $25 in every parking garage at every thing i wanted to see.
leave my shit at the hotel for $10 a day and not worry about it, buy a $20 weekend bus pass.
be perfectly happy.

Same. I have left my car an hour and a half outside of San Francisco and rode caltrain into the city. It works because there's mass transit infrastructure that works to get around the city there. LA's sucks and the same thing doesn't work there.

Top Back Refresh