What's new

ATF form 4 efile success!!!!!!

So we'll see how long it takes for my two new cans to get out of jail. E-filed today for an Omega 300 and a SR22.

Pro tip, make sure when you make your e-file account that you do it exactly how your DL is. I used Don instead of Donald and it wouldn't let me in.

So we'll see how long it takes for my two new cans to get out of jail. E-filed today for an Omega 300 and a SR22.

Pro tip, make sure when you make your e-file account that you do it exactly how your DL is. I used Don instead of Donald and it wouldn't let me in.
Nice. The average right now is 69 days. Im on 75.

E-filed today on a Griffin Sportsman .338 Ultra Lite. Let the countdown begin.

:laughing: Those rounds all use too much powder for my wallet.
Yeah, they're my hunting rifles so they don't get shot much after load development and testing. I usually pick one for a hunt and put 25-50 rounds thru it before the hunt. And hopefully only need one shot during the hunt.

Yeah, they're my hunting rifles so they don't get shot much after load development and testing. I usually pick one for a hunt and put 25-50 rounds thru it before the hunt. And hopefully only need one shot during the hunt.
Yeah, I don't hunt anymore, but a typical PRS match will be between 80 and 120 rounds, so I go through a fair bit of ammo...and barrels. :laughing:

Yeah, I don't hunt anymore, but a typical PRS match will be between 80 and 120 rounds, so I go through a fair bit of ammo...and barrels. :laughing:
I'd like to get into that, just don't have the time. I think I'll have more time in a couple years.

What are your thoughts on a 6.5 Creed with a 16.5" barrel?

I'd like to get into that, just don't have the time. I think I'll have more time in a couple years.

What are your thoughts on a 6.5 Creed with a 16.5" barrel?
For what purpose? Its a LR round by design, so putting it in a SB has the same loss of performance as a 308 in a SB.

IMO

For what purpose? Its a LR round by design, so putting it in a SB has the same loss of performance as a 308 in a SB.

IMO
I guess I'm trying to talk myself into buying one. I haven't done much research with powders to see what speeds I could get with a short barrel. All of my hunting rifles have 24"-27" barrels. Then adding a suppressor +8"-9". Makes them a bit long to carry in the field. Ideally I am looking for something short that I can shoot 500-600 yards with enough energy\speed for Couse deer.
In reality it would just sit in the safe collecting dust after dumping a bunch of money into it.

I guess I'm trying to talk myself into buying one. I haven't done much research with powders to see what speeds I could get with a short barrel. All of my hunting rifles have 24"-27" barrels. Then adding a suppressor +8"-9". Makes them a bit long to carry in the field. Ideally I am looking for something short that I can shoot 500-600 yards with enough energy\speed for Couse deer.
In reality it would just sit in the safe collecting dust after dumping a bunch of money into it.
I have heard that adding a can is roughly like adding 1/2 of barrel length for each inch of suppressor. So you might be able to get away with a 16" barrel using a little faster powder like Varget or RL15 (I had poor results with RL15 and Superperformance, YRMV. The benchmark powder for CM is H4350, but I've also successfully used RL16 (almost the same burn rate), and H4831sc (a little slower).

134229975_3567454883302950_5999448339567195778_n.jpg

I think you should be fine using a 140g bullet or lighter. I know lots of people are using CM for deer and even Elk.

0327220827[1].jpg
0327220828[1].jpg

My brother-in-law and a couple friends shoot CM's. I've been impressed with the accuracy they are getting. I've witnessed my brother-in-law take a few prairie dogs in the 700 yd. + range.
In a short barrel it would fill a void for me, hiking, horseback and varmint calling.

I have a 9mm pistol with a 5" or 6" barrel & binary trigger. Run the .458 Bowers can on it. It's a fun toy.

Mine was a 7 inch 9mm pistol but I needed a longer barrel to clear the hand guard. It now is a 10.5 inch sbr.

efile Form 1 (SBR 9mm) APPROVED Today!
Fourth time was a charm! 22 days from when I mailed it!
I was starting to wonder if it would ever go thru. First appl. was 4/21
Guess what I'm doing this afternoon!!!!!

When doing the efile, do you just save the email off? When i did one years ago i never got a physical stamp, just a scan of an approved form.

When doing the efile, do you just save the email off? When i did one years ago i never got a physical stamp, just a scan of an approved form.
All of my emails are saved to a thumb drive. I carry copies of my paperwork that are shrunk 50% and laminated on a machine when I take them out. When I travel out of state I bring full size copies along with a copy of my 5320.20s.

The out of state thing i really need to get everything lined up because i will be moving. I need to contact the attorney i went through and ask about my trust and what i need to do with that. Hopefully it is just a change of address or something simple then notify the ATF that i am moving.

All of my emails are saved to a thumb drive. I carry copies of my paperwork that are shrunk 50% and laminated on a machine when I take them out. When I travel out of state I bring full size copies along with a copy of my 5320.20s.
I've found our laminator and shrinker! :flipoff2:

Is this the last upgrade I need for Fudd status?
Arfcomm'd up to 11.

Some years ago, my last transaction with Silencer shop when they still actually were allowed to sell silencers, I'm already several stamps deep in my collection, mouth breather counter gun store dipshit starts telling me what I should do with my stamp and 3/8ths size copies laminated and on a ring binder or some stupidity. I just picked up my can and paperwork, laughed at him and said " thanks, but I'm not doing any of that."

Was the perfect way to end dealing with those retards forever.

Arfcomm'd up to 11.

Some years ago, my last transaction with Silencer shop when they still actually were allowed to sell silencers, I'm already several stamps deep in my collection, mouth breather counter gun store dipshit starts telling me what I should do with my stamp and 3/8ths size copies laminated and on a ring binder or some stupidity. I just picked up my can and paperwork, laughed at him and said " thanks, but I'm not doing any of that."

Was the perfect way to end dealing with those retards forever.
Nobody told me to do it and I don’t go on gun forums. It’s a lot easier to keep that in than case than a full size sheet of paper that can easily get torn or damaged by water.

Nobody told me to do it and I don’t go on gun forums. It’s a lot easier to keep that in than case than a full size sheet of paper that can easily get torn or damaged by water.
It may not be tacticool, but a regular 8.5x11 copy, folded twice can be fit with about 2 dozen other copies EASILY in a quart ziplock bag of the thickness and quality of any price point you desire.

But that's not impressive at all.

Supposedly the boys on the hide are hitting sub moa groups with 6.5CM suppressed 16" barrels at a 1000yds. 5-600yds should be no problem.

It may not be tacticool, but a regular 8.5x11 copy, folded twice can be fit with about 2 dozen other copies EASILY in a quart ziplock bag of the thickness and quality of any price point you desire.

But that's not impressive at all.
Why open up a ziplock and pull out some papers and unfold them? Too much work for me son. :flipoff2:

I'm fawking in tears...:lmao:

I have copies of all my paperwork just folded up in a pocket in my range bag. A pocket no one has ever asked me to open. I may, however, add a ziploc to the mix now...

Top Back Refresh