What's new

Anyone near warner va?

Thatg9659

Member, huh huh
Member Number
Loc
Vt
Sitting on the side of the 17 south with a burned through serp belt seized tensioner pulley and a warm engine. I have tools and know how just no way to get the parts. Havetriple a but pulling a trailer

After the booger experience I upgraded my AAA to the rv package, that way not only is the truck covered but what your towing is as well. That would have saved a headache or 3.

looks like there's a carquest out 33 past saluda
and a napa in urbanna
both are closer to water than the highway, so I'd assume largely downhill

too far to help, other than to suggest limping it to a parts store after letting it cool down a bit
shit, some of them will deliver parts to you on the side of the road if you've got a couple hours to wait for them to run to the warehouse and round up all the shit you need

Where the fuck is Warner, VA? I am in VA, on the West end of I-64, but I have never heard of Warner, VA and every time I search it, all I get is that piece of shit, Mark Warner.

Napa is on the way with parts:usa:

:beer:

Well scratch that the owner of napa blah blah blah is card machine locked up they won't accept cash and they only deliver to commercial locations and he is forbidding the employee that agreed to deliver the parts from delivering the parts calling another parts store

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Google maps says 45 minutes away.

If you end up needing to use that triple A I could move that trailer for you.

Edit to add:

I can move that trailer for you in a few hours, I'm on some pain pills, and I can skip the next dose to come help.

Last edited:
Well scratch that the owner of napa blah blah blah is card machine locked up they won't accept cash and they only deliver to commercial locations and he is forbidding the employee that agreed to deliver the parts from delivering the parts calling another parts store

ugh fuck "company policy"

Company policy to me means f*** you:lmao:

photo44984.png

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Google maps says 45 minutes away.

If you end up needing to use that triple A I could move that trailer for you.

Edit to add:

I can move that trailer for you in a few hours, I'm on some pain pills, and I can skip the next dose to come help.

Got parts waiting in crofton at advance if you up for it

Okay the Crofton is really far away sorry I got my friend here he was doing the store searching while I was crying out to you guys. let me call another local parts store

Last edited:
Looks like 3a is bring us to the parts store in west point va.

I'm off tomorrow if you don't have it sorted out by then.

Just got a call from the towtruck co he's in warrenton va two hours away :lmao: triple fuck triple A

Too far away for me. I used to work in West Point. There's nothing there. I didn't even know there was a parts store. Williamsburg or Newport News would probably be your best bet for a somewhat population center.

Hopefully the parts stores aren't closing early there due to covid like they are here.

West Point is only ~40 minutes from Richmond and I know we have members there.

I'm in Richmond, about an hour. IEAT is on the other end of the state. DJeep is out that way, but I don't remember where specifically.

How big is the trailer and where does it need to go? I've got an 01 Suburban with a class 3 hitch on it, but idk if the trailer wiring works, haven't used it since I got the truck. If I can help let me know.

Last edited:
Location pic on page 1

spoke with the parts store manager hes a good ole boy that doesn't have any friends lives on a farm rides dirt bikes quads and shoots. He is letting us use the garage out back of the store. Open till 9 but says he usually doesn't get out till 9:30 hopefully aaa gets us there in time. It's a 23 min drive away. It's not that cold but this rig is packed so can't lay the seats back to sleep semi comfortably.

[486 said:
;n290276]

sounds like an hour or two drive, doing that whole "make speed, shut off the engine then coast to a stop" deal

Made it 4 miles till the gauge was pointing north.

I'm about an hour an a half away, and I know @djeeper is about 40 minutes away. Not sure what he has going on, but if you need me I can start heading that way.

Got the tensioner pulley freed up but I don't have my sewing kit to patch the belt.

Got the tensioner pulley freed up but I don't have my sewing kit to patch the belt.

Need me to grab a belt and head that way? It'd be close to 2 hours before I got here after stopping at a parts store

Nah y'all stay put, but the offers of help are really appreciated. Last time I reached out to you fellas for help I was stuck on 81 near roanoke. Ended up getting a cab to the parts store. Seems like va is my new mexico :lmao:

Nah y'all stay put, but the offers of help are really appreciated. Last time I reached out to you fellas for help I was stuck on 81 near roanoke. Ended up getting a cab to the parts store. Seems like va is my new mexico :lmao:

:lmao: Sounds like it. Well the offer stands for the next time you break down in the wonderful Commonwealth

[486 said:
;n290308]
open the hood and let it get back down, give it another go in 20 min
google says it's 30 degrees out, shit cools off quick when parked

What you think I don't know heat rises :flipoff2: made it two more miles. Roll back is 20 min out hope he doesn't mind the shorter tow. :rolleyes:

Top Back Refresh