What's new

Anyone near Rancho cordova? Want to join a sketchy situation?

The reasonable thing to do is to wait 30 more minutes, if no contact, hook up trailer and leave the cash under a rock :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Last thing I bought from a trailer park was a bad deal, luckily I sold it before it unfolded. :laughing:

Funny thing is it crossed my mind to hook up and leave it around the block for wasting my time.

It's cute but not in as good of shape as I had hoped. Probably a good deal for someone who really wants it but maybe not me...

I agree scamps are kinda oddball but I like the idea of the molded leak proofish construction. They are also a name your price kinda thing because chances are that there isn't another for sale in your state.

I have a week long camping trip comming up and normally I'll just rent a small trailer. I've owned tons and it's easier and cheaper usually then maintenance one that's only used once a year. Well this year since all the parks just opened rentals are starting at $150/ night. Fuck that. I'll buy this one and either fall in love with it or flip it for $3000 profit.

I've also been daydreaming of stretching a new body style 4 door 4x4 tacoma and dropping this on this back since it's only 2000lbs.

I thought you can't put a 5th wheel attachment into a Taco, that it had to be a Tundra? Let me know if you can shoot a link to the vendor that sells a 5th wheel set up for Tacomas, please.

How much longer are you going to wait there anyway?

I'm out. I gave up and had that showed and accepted a lowball offer I would have left with something I wasn't crazy about.

2BB. I'm still curious about the Taco 5th wheel set up. Got pics of what you got? Did you fab it yourself or does someone out there actually sell a kit?
Thanks.

Why did you bring $5k for something they were asking $4.6K?

I'm out. I gave up and had that showed and accepted a lowball offer I would have left with something I wasn't crazy about.

When is your camping trip again? I have a 2005 19' airstream, little spider web-ish and I need to get some new tires on it, but otherwise good to go. It's about 4,200 lbs with propane, water, etc. loaded up. GVWR is 4,5000 lbs. Hitch weight is 510lbs and I've got a weight-distribution hitch for it. Usual you break-it you bought it rules apply if I can convince the wife to let me loan it out. Hit me up.

When is your camping trip again? I have a 2005 19' airstream, little spider web-ish and I need to get some new tires on it, but otherwise good to go. It's about 4,200 lbs with propane, water, etc. loaded up. GVWR is 4,5000 lbs. Hitch weight is 510lbs and I've got a weight-distribution hitch for it. Usual you break-it you bought it rules apply if I can convince the wife to let me loan it out. Hit me up.

middle of next month. Does it have ac? How about I put new tires on it and give it a good cleaning in trade?

And I have a superduty to tow it. I was daydreaming of turning the crew cab tacoma into a full on motorhome. Do a legit job stretching the frame and mounting the scamp all nice with a pass through.

middle of next month. Does it have ac? How about I put new tires on it and give it a good cleaning in trade?

It has AC, but you'll need a decent power source to run it. My 2,000 watt generator chokes on that and can barely run the microwave/convection oven.

And I have a superduty to tow it. I was daydreaming of turning the crew cab tacoma into a full on motorhome. Do a legit job stretching the frame and mounting the scamp all nice with a pass through.

That would be badass and I don't want to discourage you from that idea at all.

Never heard from them... funny how quick this got a response

Screenshot_20200622-153359_Messages.jpg

After driving 3 hours home I'm convinced it was stolen and left on the street and someone from tweakerville was doing a half decent job of trying to sell it. I did leave a deuce in the toilet with no water line.

If you ever decide to sell it, let me know. No 5th wheel right now so my 3rd gen 4runner is all I got. Max 5k towing so yours sounds perfect if you ever decide to upgrade.

Anyone ever ask for a Skype/video call of the thing they're buying? Seems like a good idea to rule out shit like this. I've never done it.

I did have one guy ask for a walk around and start up video of a cheap, slightly hotrodded 90 dodge Cummings I had for sale. He responded with, hey I don't care, but if you want to sell the truck, maybe take the multiple doughnut and burn out videos of the YouTube channel that has the start up and walk around on it :lmao:

Yes I realize there is no g blackflipoff2

If you ever decide to sell it, let me know. No 5th wheel right now so my 3rd gen 4runner is all I got. Max 5k towing so yours sounds perfect if you ever decide to upgrade.

We actually are looking to sell, just haven't had any time to make the effort required to make it as clean and fancy as most airstream people are looking for. I love this thing(the wife and I have had it all over the US), but we need some sort of setup that we can tow our jeep with instead. I would always give pirate... er irate homies first dibs.

Was it this one? I think they bumped the price up:

Yes it's that one. Probably bumped the price when I told them I was going to offer 8k on a 4600 trailer, haha. That picture is exactly where its sitting... alongside the street. Completely unlocked and not in front of a house or anything.

Top Back Refresh