What's new

Anyone else have a nissan leaf for a daily driver?

Member Number
Loc
Nana's House
Great little unit. no more gas stations. drives like my political posts here. but its cheap as shit to operate. Anyone else considering going electric for the daily driver?

Trying to provide some non political threads. Lets see if everyone can behave.

A salesman at the local datsun dealership used to live by me and he DD'd a leaf. He loved it since it was a short commute.

They gave a boss on site at Hanford a leaf in an attempts to be green since he had to travel to town for meetings regularly. The second time it died on him trying to commute to or from a meeting in the first couple weeks they gave him back his pickup. A/C running on nuke in 110* heat doesn't make the batteries last. :laughing:

A salesman at the local datsun dealership used to live by me and he DD'd a leaf. He loved it since it was a short commute.

They gave a boss on site at Hanford a leaf in an attempts to be green since he had to travel to town for meetings regularly. The second time it died on him trying to commute to or from a meeting in the first couple weeks they gave him back his pickup. A/C running on nuke in 110* heat doesn't make the batteries last. :laughing:

I like to think of it as a honda civic with a 5 gallon tank.

No, I drive a big diesel guzzling Ram 3500 dually quad cab long bed to offset your carbon gayness and to edge your little bitch ass car in its parking spot. Thanks for the extra space.

No, I drive a big diesel guzzling Ram 3500 dually quad cab long bed to offset your carbon gayness and to edge your little bitch ass car in its parking spot. Thanks for the extra space.

I burn a tire in my burn pit once a week to offset my green factor.

leaving the house every day on a full tank is really really nice. filling up sucks.

Co worker has one, he parks at the far end of the parking lot so he can make it home

A wheeling friend of mine had one as a DD and liked it. I would rock an electric car as a commuter, not due to any greenie reason but just to avoid getting gas and maintenance. I have a free avalon right now so I'll run that bitch into the ground first.

Not political? How subsidized is that car? Am I paying for your stupid greeness with my tax dollars? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Really though, I like electric tech, seeing what an electric rc can do these days makes you a believer. If I ever had a regular commute, with a work that had a charge station, I'd think about one. For now, work pays for fuel anyway. So I'll keep rocking the 325k mile 4runner that should be falling apart according to most here, but keeps running and driving great.

Not political? How subsidized is that car? Am I paying for your stupid greeness with my tax dollars? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Really though, I like electric tech, seeing what an electric rc can do these days makes you a believer. If I ever had a regular commute, with a work that had a charge station, I'd think about one. For now, work pays for fuel anyway. So I'll keep rocking the 325k mile 4runner that should be falling apart according to most here, but keeps running and driving great.

I promised not to get political...

but I just can't help myself...

:mr-t: :grinpimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Electric vehicles are not viable primary transportation in cold climates, and never will be.

Battery technology has not advanced in 20 years and doesn't look to.

I thought this was a thread looking for a leaf for a leaf pack...who knew there was a vehicle named a Leaf? Not this guy. :flipoff2:​​​​​​​

I drove one for a few months. (Company car). My favorite thing was messing with people at stop lights.

No. I still have my balls.

:flipoff2:

I've thought about getting something battery when my commuter junker dies. Range doesn't matter... 10 miles frome here to there. Temps don't matter, ability to haul shit doesn't matter. I like the idea of plug it in and forget about it. Will always have a truck of some type as backup.

I've thought about getting something battery when my commuter junker dies. Range doesn't matter... 10 miles frome here to there. Temps don't matter, ability to haul shit doesn't matter. I like the idea of plug it in and forget about it. Will always have a truck of some type as backup.

I'm going all in on the Tesla CyberTruck

HA!
I feel like the cross fit guy, when I say these things, but I drive a Chevy Volt. It's a hybrid with a gas generator and electric motors.
It goes 45 miles on electric, then the gas engine starts and has about 350 miles per tank.
I took a lot of ribbing from my friends when I got it, but 3 more of them bought one shortly after.
I charge the car mainly at work (20 mile drive), the Electric rate at my house is offset with your tax dollars because I have an electric car (Thanks!).

I don't have a company fuel card, so going electric was the only way I could get my work to pay for my "fuel".
After driving this thing for 3 years now, I would go pure electric. They are easy drive and park (well most cars are I guess, it's been a while since I had a car), take almost no maintenance and you can park them in bad areas without a fear of them getting ripped off, because who wants one.

If money where no object I'd get a Bollinger Motors truck , thing looks bad ass IMO. :smokin:

HA!
I feel like the cross fit guy, when I say these things, but I drive a Chevy Volt. It's a hybrid with a gas generator and electric motors.
It goes 45 miles on electric, then the gas engine starts and has about 350 miles per tank.
I took a lot of ribbing from my friends when I got it, but 3 more of them bought one shortly after.
I charge the car mainly at work (20 mile drive), the Electric rate at my house is offset with your tax dollars because I have an electric car (Thanks!).

I don't have a company fuel card, so going electric was the only way I could get my work to pay for my "fuel".
After driving this thing for 3 years now, I would go pure electric. They are easy drive and park (well most cars are I guess, it's been a while since I had a car), take almost no maintenance and you can park them in bad areas without a fear of them getting ripped off, because who wants one.

Dumb volt question-

Is there some way to manually switch the gas burner on? Like, I could possibly use it for a year+ without getting off the battery... then one day I get over 45miles and the gas motor has junk in the tank. :confused:

exactly. I still got the F150 if I want to drive 56000 miles in a day without stopping. but for around town, commuting, parts runs its perfect. never have to stop and over spend at a 711 while it fills up. no oil changes. nothing. treat it like shit and it doesnt care.

I think they should offer a small diesel heater package as a cold weather package. a little 5 liter tank to take the heating load off the batteries. would be great for canada.

Dumb volt question-

Is there some way to manually switch the gas burner on? Like, I could possibly use it for a year+ without getting off the battery... then one day I get over 45miles and the gas motor has junk in the tank. :confused:

It has different modes. Hold mode turns the engine on to save battery, mountain mode turns the engine on sooner to conserve battery for mountains, etc. As far as gas going bad, it has built in logic that automatically runs the engine every so often if you don't use it.

It has different modes. Hold mode turns the engine on to save battery, mountain mode turns the engine on sooner to conserve battery for mountains, etc. As far as gas going bad, it has built in logic that automatically runs the engine every so often if you don't use it.

This!
It it takes premium fuel that is "Not supposed to go bad as quickly" are regular.

I don't run the gas engine much, so I get the alert every 3-4 months that it needs to start the gas engine, it starts the motor and runs it for about 15 mins, then turns it back off.
IF you don't let it complete the cycle it starts again the next time you drive it, it's an endless circle of hell if you leave for work late and never let the cycle complete before you get to work.

I've looked at the charging stations around my work on plugshare.com it seems there's three different types of plugs is there adapters or do you have to find your type of plug? Also anyone that has put a lot of miles on one what's been your biggest maintenance expense ? I may consider one once there are more used one's for sale my commuter car budget is not much as of right now.

Meh. I daily drive a Peterbilt with a 15 liter Caterpillar engine.

Keep your bitch ass in the grandma lane with your electric shit.

Top Back Refresh