What's new

Anyone actually use the Milestar black label tires?

7-1/2 psi wrinkles...

1000006271.jpg

I saw TIMMAY! Talking about running these in ua recently, but can't remember where. Curious how they held up to the road miles.
Yep, have about 1500 road miles on the "black label" 40's, they are still 97% tread if I had to guess.

Here is a copy and paste of my thoughts on them. Regardless of what we paid, (or didnt pay) for them, it's an honest review.

As far as the Milestars go, I too was in the make fun of them group as I felt like that is what the cool kids did, and the older ones..... well they did seem to suck. We jumped on the opportunity to run the 40" MT02 black labels on the wife's ramcharger this year partially because..... the price was right, but also they didn't totally suck on last years UA which seemed odd based on what I had seen and heard....and if anyone is gonna test and destroy something..... my wife has killed some off road components in her time so it would be a pretty good test. Did I mention the price was right?

So what do I think of them? They did really well..... A couple weeks ago I never thought I would say that about a milestar. Now they were on a 6000 lb plus truck which isn't a super gnar rock crawler but much of the driving, even on the wet rocks was really slow rock crawling, they held on to some lines where I really had my doubts. She ran over a bunch of stumps and sticks and other tire killers while I kinda just watched to see what would happen (once again, priced right and curiosity got the best of me) and much to my surprise.... no exploding tires. I think there was a couple failures, but when there's 100 or so tires on the ground wheeling for a week, that can happen to any tire. They have pretty awesome road manners, didn't even bother balancing them, up to 82 mph trying to catch up with some folks and they ran pretty smooth.... or maybe I was holding on for my life as my wife was driving and just didn't notice....

That being said........The mockup tires on the ramcharger were a fresh set of sticky krawlers, I could tell simply by steering effort and the way the thing would bind in corners that they offer quite a bit more traction than the milestar, but I also consider the comparison between the two like comparing apples to oranges, to me they aren't really in the same category, especially for what a krawler costs nowadays.

For a 40" tire that will run down the highway nicely, cost substantially less than a lot of tires, and still actually perform pretty well for a tire that can do both, The milestar seems to be a good choice.... unless you are more concerned about people making fun of you on the internet......

Long story short, given the reputation and price point of the Milestar, I was actually impressed with them

Awesome, thanks.

I've had 2 set of red label bfgs and feel like they would be bald after 1500 miles :laughing: I'm sure that's bs, I just can't imagine driving krawlers down the highway.

I'm shopping 40-42s and the milestars keep coming into the conversation. Rig will do some road driving, but not a daily by any means. These might be the way to go for the price.

Seems like some haven't posted them to their stores quite yet.

I reached out to Northridge4x4 and they can get them.

Yep, I just talked to Maxx, he says we can get them, but they're not on the website yet. So I put a request in to get them added.

It'll take a couple days for that to happen.

Sales come and go. On the Milestar we do the buy 4 get 1 FREE deal a few times a year.

I can check to see if there are any deals coming up.

Top Back Refresh