What's new

Amazon Prime Day 13-14

Anyone double back and look at things after prime day? I was watching a set of LED headlight bulbs that were prime day specials at $68. Today they are $43. Didn't buy them yet, but I might now.

I was looking at them but I don't know the new lingo to understand what is what, all I want is a TV that can be seen in both a high light situation when the sun is shinning through the windows and under the lights

Be wary of buying a TV during these specials. They are made with inferior parts at a lower price point to meet sale standards. I shake my head every time I see the crowd of people diving into a pallet of TVs during Black Friday. :rolleyes:

We don't have home depot or tractor supply. Those types of stores are a hour drive. Ace has been requiring masks so I haven't been in there since March or April. We do have a great local hardware lumber building center that I can usually find what I need. We also have a good mom and pop auto parts place and if they don't have it napa or carquest will. The problem for me is Shipping isn't one day for us. Its usually like 4-5 so if I need it for the weekend I plan ahead or buy local. Amazon has its good things. If you subscribe and save on diapers you can't beat the price. But other things are way high. I looked for a brass fitting the other day amazon wanted 12 $ it was 1.99 at my local place. It's the difference between a small town and the big city. I've lived in both and for me ill take the small town every time.

I'm 100 miles from a city. There is a big town near by that has all the things I listed, 40 mins to home depot. We do have an ace 20 mins away, but since the fire their hours suck.

We used to have a pretty good mom and pop type true value in the town I live in that was actually pretty good, it burned up so ace is the closest to a small town store now.

I went ahead and picked up a ring door bell for $69.99 and it came with an Echo dot. I didn't really care about the Echo dot, but it will work as a back up bluetooth speaker.

I went ahead and picked up a ring door bell for $69.99 and it came with an Echo dot. I didn't really care about the Echo dot, but it will work as a back up bluetooth speaker.

It also works well for an advertising device recording all the audio from inside your home. :flipoff2:

I'm 100 miles from a city. There is a big town near by that has all the things I listed, 40 mins to home depot. We do have an ace 20 mins away, but since the fire their hours suck.

We used to have a pretty good mom and pop type true value in the town I live in that was actually pretty good, it burned up so ace is the closest to a small town store now.

Sorry to hear about the fire screwing up your area.

It also works well for an advertising device recording all the audio from inside your home. :flipoff2:

Yeah, I've been hesitant to get one for similar reasons, but we already have smart phone in the house sooo....

Besides, i'll probably leave the Dot in the garage.

I was looking at them but I don't know the new lingo to understand what is what, all I want is a TV that can be seen in both a high light situation when the sun is shinning through the windows and under the lights

I don't hardly watch TV, so I just got what my girlfriend said was sufficient. Plus it's for a furnished rental, so if they don't like it they can provide their own. :flipoff2: I am sure it is cheap for a reason, and it assuredly doesn't compare to a TV that's 10x the price, but it is perfect for my uses.

Alexa: "WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL THE ANGLE GRINDING? I CANT HEAR SHIT"

*dot self destructs*

Exactly haha
I fucking love having it in the shop though. Use it for complicated maths, conversions etc, bluetoothed to my sound system I get all my podcasts and just regular FM stations with out static. I bought the $9 Flex to replace the Dot in the shop. I can put the Dot back in the house.

I have echos in 3 rooms and at work. Love it to play a random song, the shopping list for the kitchen throughout the week, and making timers and such. Use it to to a few math equations now and then, etc.

Love mine and never gotten a weird ad out of nowhere. Im boring anyways so unless they are selling paint drying kits, Im good.

Top Back Refresh