What's new

Amazon Prime Day 13-14

Saved $50 on a wireless back up camera with a solar powered camera. I like the idea of not having to cut into my wiring harness, since it mounts on the tailgate of the Explorer

I bought some smoked cab running light lenses and and bulbs for for my truck

photo27953.jpg

Fuck amazon. Its part of whats wrong with this country.

It allows me to be in the middle of nowhere and still order shit I never knew I needed.

It blows me away people go searching through stores for half the crap I buy there. I wouldn't even know what store to look in for most of it, and I'd have to drive 100+ miles.

I guess I don't even really look on there to buy stuff I could get locally. Considering all I have in town is 3 tractor supply type stores, grocery store, and the gun store I have to order some stuff online. Hell, I can't even find carhartt pants at 2/3 farm stores as they get better pricing on wrangler. The store that does carry carhartt only ever has 1 pair of any size in 1 style and I have to special order them anyways.

Retail is dying because the businesses are run like shit and trying to sell high mark-up items, not what would actually sell.

I just ordered a light bar for a work truck. Amazon seller was $70, farm store wanted $300 for one half the size, and ridgid was $700. I can buy 10 or 1, I'll pick 10 because I'll likely kill it with rocks and trees long before I see any warranty issues. It might be different if they expensive ones weren't also made in china and just QC'd here.

Up north here it's the same deal with mostly crappy chinese stuff, but I grabbed a couple tp link kasa switches at the normalish sale price (maybe a few bucks less than usual) and a spare Dewalt brushess impact driver, same as I already have but it's nice to have two to save swapping bits or for a friend to lend a hand.

There were a few ok electronics and kitchen/home deals, but nothing spectacular.

Well my haul so far has been some socks, a new belt, a 2 pack of digital tire pressure gauges, a toy car set for my son, and that’s about it. Really haven’t seen much of anything worthwhile that I need or want.

Up north here it's the same deal with mostly crappy chinese stuff, but I grabbed a couple tp link kasa switches at the normalish sale price (maybe a few bucks less than usual) and a spare Dewalt brushess impact driver, same as I already have but it's nice to have two to save swapping bits or for a friend to lend a hand.

There were a few ok electronics and kitchen/home deals, but nothing spectacular.

I looked for red tools, nothing but offshore (extra offshore really I guess) m12 batteries.

It allows me to be in the middle of nowhere and still order shit I never knew I needed.

It blows me away people go searching through stores for half the crap I buy there. I wouldn't even know what store to look in for most of it, and I'd have to drive 100+ miles.

I guess I don't even really look on there to buy stuff I could get locally. Considering all I have in town is 3 tractor supply type stores, grocery store, and the gun store I have to order some stuff online. Hell, I can't even find carhartt pants at 2/3 farm stores as they get better pricing on wrangler. The store that does carry carhartt only ever has 1 pair of any size in 1 style and I have to special order them anyways.

Retail is dying because the businesses are run like shit and trying to sell high mark-up items, not what would actually sell.

I just ordered a light bar for a work truck. Amazon seller was $70, farm store wanted $300 for one half the size, and ridgid was $700. I can buy 10 or 1, I'll pick 10 because I'll likely kill it with rocks and trees long before I see any warranty issues. It might be different if they expensive ones weren't also made in china and just QC'd here.

Ditto 70 miles to nearest city, then I would have to go from store to store, when I can sit here at the house search and buy on line those things I can't buy in my little town

Finally bought something, JBL blueteef speaker for camping.

I was really hoping that someone would have a screaming deal on one of the portable propane water heaters for camping but they are only about $15 off, which is higher than you can regularly get them on warehouse deals.

I mean WTF you gonna do with 1 gallon of diesel engine oil? That's the oil I use and it's a good deal and all on 1 gallon but WTF. Can I make 3 separate purchases, I didn't try that.

Eh, that's like two oil changes on the DR650. meh

Bragger :flipoff2: (can't find the double barrel salute sorry)

Last edited:
I spent $20.. two LifeStraws. No real reason to have them other than "just because".

In the great toilet paper and bottled water scare of 2020, I bought life straws and a Katydin. I have 10,000+ gallons of pool water 50' from my back door.

In the great toilet paper and bottled water scare of 2020, I bought life straws and a Katydin. I have 10,000+ gallons of pool water 50' from my back door.

Same, pool is out back. Have a few MSR water purifiers as well. Just felt for $20... well 20 bucks is 20 bucks. :)

I live rural so sometimes I have to use them, but we try everything else first. All I see is that they are driving the little guys prices up, or putting them out of business. have created even more laziness in people, and they are now promising 0 net carbon emissions bullshit lies that are not even possible to push a certain agenda. Chewy and others are the same. If people kept money local it would only benefit themselves in the long run.

You try everything else first? So each time you need that one thing, you hit ace, home depot, lowes, tractor supply and another ace just order to it in 40 seconds? Because that's usually how my "I'll get it local" trip works. Waste 3/4 of a day and $20 in fuel, just to come up empty handed.

Sure it's nice to try to support the little guy, but they're mostly gone anyway already.

Bought a 50" Smart TV for one of my rentals for ~$250. GF bought a few misc. things for our furnished rentals.

Bought a 50" Smart TV for one of my rentals for ~$250.

I was looking at them but I don't know the new lingo to understand what is what, all I want is a TV that can be seen in both a high light situation when the sun is shinning through the windows and under the lights

You try everything else first? So each time you need that one thing, you hit ace, home depot, lowes, tractor supply and another ace just order to it in 40 seconds? Because that's usually how my "I'll get it local" trip works. Waste 3/4 of a day and $20 in fuel, just to come up empty handed.

Sure it's nice to try to support the little guy, but they're mostly gone anyway already.

We don't have home depot or tractor supply. Those types of stores are a hour drive. Ace has been requiring masks so I haven't been in there since March or April. We do have a great local hardware lumber building center that I can usually find what I need. We also have a good mom and pop auto parts place and if they don't have it napa or carquest will. The problem for me is Shipping isn't one day for us. Its usually like 4-5 so if I need it for the weekend I plan ahead or buy local. Amazon has its good things. If you subscribe and save on diapers you can't beat the price. But other things are way high. I looked for a brass fitting the other day amazon wanted 12 $ it was 1.99 at my local place. It's the difference between a small town and the big city. I've lived in both and for me ill take the small town every time.

Top Back Refresh