What's new

Aliens are confirmed?

Question since I didn't listen to the podcast: What makes Tucker Carlson a subject matter expert on this?

Or is it just one famous dude giving another famous dude his opinion and relying on fame to somehow give what he says more credibility than the average person?

He has contacts in the government and other sources that feed him info. How reliable those sources are, who knows.

It's so interesting these days how people feel forced to wholesale support or reject people. Cancel culture won. It's baked into so many people's thoughts processes now.

Oh god, Carlson is talking about aliens now we gotta write him off as a nutjob. I agree with him on some stuff and disagree with him on some stuff, just like every other person in the world.

I agree with him on some stuff and disagree with him on some stuff, just like every other person in the world.

GTFO of here you rational asshole. Either you hyper-focus on every little detail of a person or you're part of the problem. What jersey are you wearing right now? I bet you're not even wearing a jersey.

:shaking:

GTFO of here you rational asshole. Either you hyper-focus on every little detail of a person or you're part of the problem. What jersey are you wearing right now? I bet you're not even wearing a jersey.

:shaking:

You know what's REALLY crazy? I even change my mind on some shit occasionally after I learn new information.

You know what's REALLY crazy? I even change my mind on some shit occasionally after I learn new information.
*I'm kind of against drugs... I think most drugs are bad for people. We should do whatever is necessary to keep people off drugs

**I think we should legalize all drugs, you should be able to buy a sack full of crack cocaine at Walgreens OTC with valid ID

*I'm one and done with the whole marriage thing. If this one dies or leaves me, it'll just be girlfriends from here on out

**(on wife #2) Goddam these kids are fun. Holy fuck life is awesome.

*Pfft... I'd never own a Ford

**plans on taking kids that shouldn't exist wheeling next month in my 3rd Ford based Crawler

Etc
Etc
Etc

:laughing:

To travel the vast distances of space, you would need to master some pretty far out physics like time travel, so maybe interdimensional travel isnt that different.

Hey, did you ever hear about the Russian cosmonauts that saw angels in space?
Mind-Blowing Story of Russian Cosmonauts Who Saw Angels in Space

Holy shit.

Unrelated, but speaking of Rogan podcasts, the one with Bob Lazar he mentioned that one of the craft they had to study was supposedly recovered from an archeological dig. What? Disappointed that didn't get followup questions or that they didn't go into more depth on that. Real or not there's some fascinating discussions about this stuff and it'll be interesting to see what develops in the future

The Fermi Paradox sums it up. The universe is so big that statistically speaking there must be intelligent life out there. But odds are, they're so far away we'll never know they existed.

I think it was Rogan's podcast a while back where someone talked about how if the UFO sightings were real, it is less likely we would be visited by beings from somewhere else than it was we would be visited by time travelers or interdimensional beings. This was due to the insane distances that would have to be traveled in the amount of time needed to get here, even with crazy super duper faster than light technology. Apparently it's far more probable that if UFOs were real, they were existing in the same location but more likely came from a different time or dimension.

Distance is 100% the main problem.

The Interstellar explanation for Aliens is about the most plausible theory I've ever heard for them IMO. Basically future humans that figured out how to manipulate space/time as a physical dimension rather than linear. Watch the movie if you haven't. Great flick all around.

Id like to assume this is the way. Unless someone figures out how to design a warp drive like what they have in the movies.

Consider that the Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million light years away. Even traveling a thousand times faster than the speed of light it would take you 2500 years to get there. There's just no way for humans to explore the galaxy, let alone the universe, without some extraordinary method of travel.

Does a wormhole allow for a living thing to survive going through it?

Good question. Also, what happens if you enter a black hole? Do you come out the other side (is there even an 'other side'?), are you crushed under the weight of seemingly infinite gravity, or are you just disassembled at the molecular level?

Only one way to find out!

Seriously though, no one knows. But if we did, imagine what we could do.

First we have to tie the physics of the very big and the very small together, then our understanding of the universe will take off.
String theory is the closest we have right now. I think that requires 11 dimensions.
Crossing between those dimensions has to be possible somehow.

Dark energy I think is the ticket to traveling the vast distances of space. It's the reason for the expanding universe and there is no speed limit for space itself.

Saw a show a few months ago that said the oldest galaxy they've found was almost 12 billion years old........but it was 35 billion light years away. The universe hasn't been around long enough for it to have traveled that far. The conclusion was that the universe expanding is compounded with distance. The galaxies at the edge of our observable universe are moving away at a very high percentage of the speed of light.

You would think after the big bang that the known galaxies would have to have moved away from one another well beyond the speed of light and slowed down as they lost momentum. However current imaging would lead you to believe that the rate of expansion is increasing instead of slowing. If that's true it's going to get to the point where every star in the sky will disappear, because theyll be so far away their light will never be able to reach us. This unfortunately also means that traveling at the speed of light is just not nearly fast enough, and interdimensional travel will be necessary to travel the known universe.

Unless of course you believe the Simulation Hypothesis, and that none of this is real at all. Aliens are just Mods logging in to check up on their NPCs :laughing:

Scientists really don't know.

Some say the universe is expanding.

Some say it is expanding at different rates in different directions

some say it is expanding at an accelerating rate

Some say it is not expanding at all.

We really don't have a clue what is going on out there. You can find some scientist that has written a hypothesis to support anything you want to believe.

The Fermi Paradox sums it up. The universe is so big that statistically speaking there must be intelligent life out there. But odds are, they're so far away we'll never know they existed.

Distance is 100% the main problem.

Id like to assume this is the way. Unless someone figures out how to design a warp drive like what they have in the movies.

Consider that the Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million light years away. Even traveling a thousand times faster than the speed of light it would take you 2500 years to get there. There's just no way for humans to explore the galaxy, let alone the universe, without some extraordinary method of travel.

Around 150 years ago, the first cars were going 10 mph. What’s a horse go? Maybe 30mph? That means the riches person or country on the planet could make a man go 30 mph. Today a common person can go buy a shitbox that goes over a 100 mph. They say Apollo 10 went 24,000 mph. So in a span of 150 years that’s quite an improvement. How about adding a million years of tech to that. I think humans will explore everywhere.

Unless some other life form a million years ahead of us decides that humans make excellent guacamole. (Notice I didn’t say “prepares”)

So y'all are basing "aliens have been confirmed" on a .gov source.

Think about it...

They say Apollo 10 went 24,000 mph.
I feel like that one is cheating. We're not propelling ourselves to 24,000 mph, we're just using the earth's gravity to slingshot us. I bet the first 10mph cars could also go 40 mph if you putted them to the top of a very steep hill, pointed down it, and let go the brakes.

Around 150 years ago, the first cars were going 10 mph. What’s a horse go? Maybe 30mph? That means the riches person or country on the planet could make a man go 30 mph. Today a common person can go buy a shitbox that goes over a 100 mph. They say Apollo 10 went 24,000 mph. So in a span of 150 years that’s quite an improvement. How about adding a million years of tech to that. I think humans will explore everywhere.

Unless some other life form a million years ahead of us decides that humans make excellent guacamole. (Notice I didn’t say “prepares”)

Fake news

Aren't we all going something like 24,000 miles an hour already? Googled it...67,000 MPH.

Holy crap...that's basically standing still. Our galaxy is moving at 1.3 MILLION MPH.

1713888634837.png

Fake news

Aren't we all going something like 24,000 miles an hour already? Googled it...67,000 MPH.

Holy crap...that's basically standing still. Our galaxy is moving at 1.3 MILLION MPH.
That part always got me with time travel. Whoever figures out how to go back in time also needs to figure out how to travel back whatever distance we traveled in the amount of time that has elapsed.

It would be like trying to time travel on a boat. Go back in time and the boat wouldn't be under your feet because it's not there yet.

That part always got me with time travel. Whoever figures out how to go back in time also needs to figure out how to travel back whatever distance we traveled in the amount of time that has elapsed.

It would be like trying to time travel on a boat. Go back in time and the boat wouldn't be under your feet because it's not there yet.
Dude, haven't you seen star trek. You have to consider space is the thing that is moving and all the rest of us are stationary. Problem solved. :lmao:

Fake news

1713888634837.png

Relative vs absolute position.

If the spacecraft is moving the right direction (ie same as the galaxy), it will be moving 1,367,000 mph. But only relative to some other constellation that might be moving the other way, so the spaceship velocity could be most anything, depending on where you measure from.

The 4 dimension block universe theory supported by Einsteins theory of relativity suggests that past, present, and future are all happening at the same time. That would make the passing of time an illusion.

Top Back Refresh