92-97 Front bumpers

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Kinda lame "tech" but oh well.

So long story short my 97 F350 rolled into a tree last night :frown:​​​​​​

Even though the stock bumper is kinda heavy and seems like it might do a little, it was worthless. Dealing with insurance and have been researching aftermarket bumpers, may as well put something decent back on there. Having just built a plate steel bumper for my 4runner that took months, I really don't have time to do another. These trucks are super popular, so there has to be something decent out there right?

I kinda like these, except they seem to stick out pretty far, and I'm not sure I'll be putting a winch in it (for now) which might look odd.

https://protofab4x4.com/product/1992-1996-bronco-rocksolid-flat-top-front-bumper/

PF813-92-97-RSF-w-winch.jpg

I also like these except the 90* top looks a little bulky. I'd get it plain.

https://broncoair.com/frontBumper.php

front12.jpg

How are you supposed to see anything without 10 lights pointing in every direction plus 3 stacked giant light bars (plus a few above windshield)??

Bumpers are for mounting jewelry not for 'rolling into a tree' :flipoff2:

Why bother, you plan on rolling into more trees? If your not going to put a winch on/in the bumper it just seems like a waste of money when a stock bumper looks fine IMO, and doesn't stick out a foot past the grill like all those posted above do.

Always liked the old Warn from the 90’s monster trucks

other option would be try and find a used/new winch bumper for a 08-10 or 17+ superduty s there will be more options. all the bro dozer OBS losers swap stock bumpers on and its just a different mounting bracket but other wise line up ect

I have a ranch hand bumper from off my 94 if your interested. Its in good shape no dents or anything. Can ship commercial.

Not exactly what you asked for but 'move' makes weld together bumper kits. I don't have one but my brother in laws do, they seem happy.

Why bother, you plan on rolling into more trees? If your not going to put a winch on/in the bumper it just seems like a waste of money when a stock bumper looks fine IMO, and doesn't stick out a foot past the grill like all those posted above do.

Well I've had it over 8 years and ~130k miles without much more than a scratch or ding. But who knows, maybe another 8 years from now I'll have to get up for work at 1 am then forget to set the parking brake on flat ground and have another incident :flipoff2: a big winch would be handy too.

I've always wanted better bumpers for this truck, but definitely don't want the yuge bro deal. I think that one Snowracer posted would look decent.

other option would be try and find a used/new winch bumper for a 08-10 or 17+ superduty s there will be more options. all the bro dozer OBS losers swap stock bumpers on and its just a different mounting bracket but other wise line up ect

That's an interesting idea, I've seen the "6.7 bumper on a 7.3" shit, because you know, the diesel engine is all idiots care about.

I have a ranch hand bumper from off my 94 if your interested. Its in good shape no dents or anything. Can ship commercial.

I'm not familiar with the ranch hands, are those the big ugly ones that are literally for pushing cows around? :laughing:

Not exactly what you asked for but 'move' makes weld together bumper kits. I don't have one but my brother in laws do, they seem happy.

Ya, I've seen them, they aren't the worst ones if you don't get all the options. But they are kinda huge.

Ya, I've seen them, they aren't the worst ones if you don't get all the options. But they are kinda huge.
They have chevys but I'll try to get pictures of them.
I know one sticks way out there but the other one said that he was able to set it back a little.

I'm not familiar with the ranch hands, are those the big ugly ones that are literally for pushing cows around? :laughing:

Here's my cousin's '97 back when it had Ranch Hands front and rear. I think they look decent, but he got rid of them because they stick out a bit and were killing his approach angle.

DC1DAF8F-8E24-4CE6-A547-C35E735E894B.jpeg - Click image for larger version Name:	DC1DAF8F-8E24-4CE6-A547-C35E735E894B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	388.9 KB ID:	201517

Last edited:
For a second there I thought I was on Reddit. Who the fuck calls insurance after a single car accident that isn't a total write off that they plan on fixing themselves? Who the fuck carries collision insurance on a truck that's pushing 30?

Just buy a C-channel and notch/bend it and then plate the top.

For a second there I thought I was on Reddit. Who the fuck carries collision insurance on a truck that's pushing 30?

I do, I carry $30k replacement full coverage on my 1995. It is my baby and could never be replaced. But then you have to put it into perspective. It is classic insurance and only costs $17 a month.

As far as bumpers I like the OEM 96/ slash diesel bumpers. But the old school warn winch bumpers are nice if you could ever find one. They do stick out a ways but It is nice to have someplace to step if you are doing any kind of work under the hood, just even checking trans level.

For a second there I thought I was on Reddit. Who the fuck calls insurance after a single car accident that isn't a total write off that they plan on fixing themselves? Who the fuck carries collision insurance on a truck that's pushing 30?

Just buy a C-channel and notch/bend it and then plate the top.

At least you're consistent with your retarded posts.

I couldn't replace the truck for less than $10k, so anyone who doesn't have insurance is an idiot. Why would I pay out of pocket when I have insurance.

I may source the parts myself, but I sure as fuck don't plan on painting it or doing the core support work myself.

C Channel? :rolleyes:

Jesus, you must either be the dumbest person on here or really good at faking it.

At least you're consistent with your retarded posts.

I couldn't replace the truck for less than $10k, so anyone who doesn't have insurance is an idiot. Why would I pay out of pocket when I have insurance.

I may source the parts myself, but I sure as fuck don't plan on painting it or doing the core support work myself.

C Channel? :rolleyes:

Jesus, you must either be the dumbest person on here or really good at faking it.

You're gonna wind up paying as much or more than insurance pays out when you factor in the increased premium over time. That's how insurance works when you submit claims for shit that's your fault. C-channel can be cut and bent at angles in order to not look like ass. Core supports are an easy bolt in deal. It's a standard DIY repair in the rust belt but I don't expect you to know that. The paint is best left to a pro, I'll give you that but you're never gonna get new paint to match your decades old paint so you're gonna be time and money ahead finding a good used on in whatever your paint code is.

I dunno what your deductible is but unless it's stupid low (in which case you're pissing away money on premiums) you can likely fix the truck for little more than your deductible if you go about it with some semblance of economic efficiency.

You don't have to do it my way and I know you won't and I'm not asking you to. I'm just using it to put in perspective how bad your way is.

Deductible doesn't matter if they give me say $5k+ to fix the truck. It's looking like a total loss in their eyes, we'll see. I pay for good insurance, so I may as well use it, I guess time will tell how much the rates go up.

I used to look at insurance a lot differently before the fire. I know people who thought insurance was too expensive and ended up loosing $300k+ plus in house and belongings with no coverage.

I ve only used insurance a handful of times, so hopefully it won't go up too much.

Here's my cousin's '97 back when it had Ranch Hands front and rear. I think they look decent, but he got rid of them because they stick out a bit and were killing his approach angle.

That's the one. I bought the truck in TX so it had a big texas bumper lol

Not that anybody is looking for stock, but when i put the 92-96 front clip on my 88 Cummins truck, I couldn't find a clean "psd" bumper, cruising parking lots, I figured out that the psd bumper was a $30 trim piece and an hour of cutting on an xlt bumper

photo6883.jpg

Not that anybody is looking for stock, but when i put the 92-96 front clip on my 88 Cummins truck, I couldn't find a clean "psd" bumper, cruising parking lots, I figured out that the psd bumper was a $30 trim piece and an hour of cutting on an xlt bumper

I've heard that also. It's not something I would normally car about, but the non "powerstroke" bumpers do look kinda dorky.

God damn these things are expensive!
I wanted a bumper for my Van and I was going to cobble one from a pickup as they have more after market support, but maybe not.

Ranch hand bumpers are a piece of pipe with some plate welded to them. At least, bumpers of that vintage are.

What about buckstop or a old ARB?

I get the time component of not wanting to build another bumper. It’s been many years since I built one, but it took a few weeks when I did then. That was pre-wife/kid single time.

Old Hanson bumper... no clue if they will still make one like this but definitely the direction I want to go on my truck.
13315732_1192622884105657_664279029529658681_n.jpg

Top Back Refresh