What's new

58 Apache 1 ton tow rig??

Lots of bodywork. (7
19DAD994-101F-4EFF-ACF0-56C3325533A5_4_5005_c.jpeg
/20/15)

Small pics suck...had to pull them from PBB. OGs are spread out on multiple old computers. Sorry.

Wow, what BBC?

Gen IV 454...this engine was pretty clean but still needed a going through. We didn't want to drop big bucks into it, so reused as much as we could. Stock pistons/rods were in good shape as were cylinders, so no overbore...just rehone cylinders after vatting and magnafluxing the block. We did use ARP fasteners throughout along with milling both the heads and block a bit...as much for a true, clean seal surface as for bumping the compression a little...probably around 8.25 to 1 or so. All new bearings/seals/freeze plugs/rings of course, balanced the rotating assy, degree the cam, micro polish the crank, line bore (one main was a smidge tight). A "performance" valve job (well as much as possible with peanut ports), bronze valve guides, 3/8 push rods w/ new guide plates.
We used the basic Edelbrock Performer package with their #2162 cam (218*/228* @.050 and .295/.295 in/ex @ cam), the #2161 intake, and a #1411 750 cfm square bore carb.
Dropped a MSD Street fire dist in with 8mm Taylor wires...exhaust is running out a set of tri-5 fender well headers.

Should make a decent amount of torque with this configuration.

Nice to see this over here. Is it finally going to be painted this year?

You said that last year :flipoff2:

This is one of my favorite builds, a great blend of practical functionality and cool factor

Yea, I know. Thanks for the positive comments too. I "might " actually make it this year...

Do you actually plan on driving this thing or do you plan on wet sanding for another 10 years?

This was my favorite GM build at the old place, glad you are continuing with it here. It provided inspiration to get my 4x4 conversion/build going. Which is now driving, so hurry up and finish we are all waiting (impatiently).
:grinpimp:

This was my favorite GM build at the old place, glad you are continuing with it here. It provided inspiration to get my 4x4 conversion/build going. Which is now driving, so hurry up and finish we are all waiting (impatiently).
:grinpimp:

lol, thanks!

111920b.jpg
111920c.jpg
111920d.jpg
111920e.jpg
111920a.jpg

Took through Thanksgiving off...gonna try to light a fire on this. We spent the afternoon sanding, lots of sanding. It's getting really smooth though...maybe a couple days till seal coat.

Top Back Refresh