What's new

2nd Gen Dodge Ram 2500 Upgrades.

Whelp, my shitty heads won't let a spark plug loose.

Anyone use the Edelbock aluminum heads?

Well, not sure how or why, but need to do rockers on this again.

Something about parking over grass?

A few months ago, did the Passenger side... and have to do the driver's now.

Also, right rear caliper's hung up, killing the brake pads, yet again - doing the 2005+ brakes, ordered through A-tech, seems to be the cheapest place.

As posted elsewhere, I also did the Delphi 680 steering box to clean up the steering wheel dead spot.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.jpg
    IMG_4383.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4384.jpg
    IMG_4384.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
In my humble experience…Yup grass and gravel. Condensation goes upward as the moisture/dry cycle happens. It also condensates inside the rocker through heat cycles of the day, same concept of why you want an I beam or channel trailer not tube if you live in the moisture belt. When I buy stuff off market place I always look at where they park, up here in NY and VT I won’t usually go view a truck or car if I know it’s sat on gravel or grass. Flakey crusty frames rockers and brake lines usually kill the deal

Edit: you’ll like the Genoa box. Made a world of a difference on two trucks. Good customer service there too

So, more fun. Every so often, at idle, it just dies. Starts right back up, but WTF?

Time install that PCM?

Also, have to do the Driver's rocker.

Now for the funny: I ordered a big brake kit from TTRAxle&FAB who dropped shipped from ECGS.

They sent everything the first time, but the gorillas at FedEx lost both rotors and re-boxed it.

So ECGS sent me two new calipers instead of the rotors I needed... which look like a very nice up grade to the fronts on my truck. I've let both parties know and no one's responding.

So I may be doing brakes with 2009+ 2500/3500 calipers and 14.2" rotors (rotors are cheap on Rock Auto, bought those for my other axle, too).

Top Back Refresh