What's new

2bbs 2021 bronco build

Are any of you going to united by bronco?

Also 2BB your friend has a present coming in the mail. He's not responding to PM's anymore :P

just read through this thread. i bought a superchip tuner for mine but after reading this mess, i may break down and get a laptop and forscan. just didnt want to have to buy a windows laptop. i mainly just want to turn the auto start/stop off. dumbass feature. 2bb have you make it past 70 yet?

just read through this thread. i bought a superchip tuner for mine but after reading this mess, i may break down and get a laptop and forscan. just didnt want to have to buy a windows laptop. i mainly just want to turn the auto start/stop off. dumbass feature. 2bb have you make it past 70 yet?

Havnt driven it in a few weeks so no.

Yeah if your going to wheel it remotely I can definitely see the benifit of being mildly familiar with forescan and having a laptop with you

If you make it to UBB hit me up, ill be in town a few of those dates.

So... when are you getting your "portal" grill :laughing:

1710521005044.png

^ okay, caught the first 10 seconds and thats raunchy. Gonna wait till I get in the house so I can watch it on TV and give myself a full panic attack.

:laughing:
You really could only die on the first part of that trail. Lower down it's better. But when someone like Gee Atherton says it's gnarly...
1710526486102.png

Ok, back to bronco portal stuff.

So does it say "portal" because dudes running portals? Or does it say "portal" because we've fallen through some strange portal into an alternate dimension where IFS is better than SFA for rock crawling?

download (1).jpeg

Ive about fallen through that portal.

Im 90% to...

For what the average jk owner/wheeler does a bronco would be better.

-Drives way nicer to the trail and back
-Flexes well enough for any moderate trail
-Has way more clearance under the front diff and no sharp edges for the front axle/diff to hang up on.

Ive about fallen through that portal.

Im 90% to...

For what the average jk owner/wheeler does a bronco would be better.

-Drives way nicer to the trail and back
-Flexes well enough for any moderate trail
-Has way more clearance under the front diff and no sharp edges for the front axle/diff to hang up on.
Which one would you rather wheel something like the Rubicon in? That JK on 42s you had for a bit or your current bronco?

Which one would you rather wheel something like the Rubicon in? That JK on 42s you had for a bit or your current bronco?

The jk was on 40s and F driving that thing to the rubicon, I just wouldnt

55/45 favoring the bronco on wheeling it through. With the jeep Id be less worried about trying stupid shit... 1tons and 1/3 the value if something goes horrible.

I havnt wheeled the bronco through on portals but been through 4ish times non portals... everything about the experience is nicer except stress levels which have gotten significantly less with each trip.

I am really hoping the portals swing the pendulum heavy in favor of the bronco

55/45 favoring the bronco on wheeling it through. With the jeep Id be less worried about trying stupid shit... 1tons and 1/3 the value if something goes horrible.

I havnt wheeled the bronco through on portals but been through 4ish times non portals... everything about the experience is nicer except stress levels which have gotten significantly less with each trip.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison, that was/is a shitty Jeep that cost less than half the Bronco. I own it now. I also wouldn’t drive it to the Rubicon from where we live (4 hours).

It’s a 3.8L, so way less motor and way worse transmission. The steering is super shitty, and I think it’s because whoever built it fucked the geometry all up and I haven’t fixed that yet. It also was constantly on the bumpstops, and rides way better with some tuned Fox 2.0s that are the right length, and Synergy rear springs with enough rate to keep it out of the bumps with a cooler in the back.

I think portals are definitely going to swing that pendulum.

^ okay, caught the first 10 seconds and thats raunchy. Gonna wait till I get in the house so I can watch it on TV and give myself a full panic attack.

:laughing:
Connor Clifford is always doing that stuff. Crazy. Lance posts a lot of videos.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison, that was/is a shitty Jeep that cost less than half the Bronco. I own it now. I also wouldn’t drive it to the Rubicon from where we live (4 hours).

It’s a 3.8L, so way less motor and way worse transmission. The steering is super shitty, and I think it’s because whoever built it fucked the geometry all up and I haven’t fixed that yet. It also was constantly on the bumpstops, and rides way better with some tuned Fox 2.0s that are the right length, and Synergy rear springs with enough rate to keep it out of the bumps with a cooler in the back.
Did you put 42s on it? I swear the thing had 42s for some reason.

Nope, 2BB bought it from AZ on 40” K-specs. He put 40” Cooper SST Pros on it and sold the Nittos to Tyler. I put it back on 40” K-specs.

I would like some 42” stickies for it, but not a priority now. It works.

I have a 3.8l jk on 40’s that’s only seen a trailer to come home from Seattle. Something is definitely off with yours. I’m sure that a bronco is more comfy and posh, but my jk was also built as a wheeler, with minimal fancy shit, rubber floor and all.

Top Back Refresh