What's new

2bbs 2021 bronco build

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
First off does anyone know where I can go to put my eyes on one of the few that are running around? Maybe some show or something? I want to look at the frames, weird sensors, steering linkage, ect.

I plan to place my actual order in December so I need to figure this shit out

Either option will be 116" wheelbase 4dr

End goal is family overlander that will see multiple trips per year to rubicon, fordyce, barney Reilly, ect. I will have no problem babying it as I have a different rig for the hammer down with friends trips.

Option 1
Buy 2.3 7spd with lowest gears available, disconnects, lockers, add the 2" lift, and buy my own 37s on beadlocks.. should be roughly 45 for the bronco plus tires and wheels.

Option 2 base model 4dr 2.3 7spd
05+ superduty axles with 5.13s and lockers
leaf springs because they work well and reduce maintenance (plus i like different when it works)
Nice shocks
hydro assist
40s on beadlocks
.$34k for stock bronco + 16ish to build= 50k

Obviously option 2 :laughing:

Why do you need tons and 40s for a "family overlander?" It would definitely be cooler, but it would be easier, and I think you would be happier in the long run to just throw a lift and tires on it and enjoy it.

I believe they have some preproduction Broncos on display in a public area of one of the plants that will be building them.

Last edited:
Obviously option 2 :laughing:

Why do you need tons and 40s for a "family overlander?" It would definitely be cooler, but it would be easier, and I thing you would be happier in the long run to just throw a lift and tires on it and enjoy it.

I believe they have some preproduction Broncos on display in a public area of one of the plants that will be building them.

Tons and 40s because I would have to beat on it less to get through the trails and long term i think it would be less maintenance.

I'll through in the fact thday before the bronco was released I was having a really hard time not buying a base model gladiator and throwing a basic lift, tons, and 40s under it. But I'm a ford guy at heart and did not want to have "the talk" with my dad.

I also really want to have a reason to keep my single cab 6spd 7.3 but want/need a family camping rig.

What your plan on making the electronics play nice together when removing the IFS for option 2?

Not that I am saying don’t do it, but if you go with option 2, you would void the warranty. And voiding the warranty on a “first generation” (or first of that generation) and expecting to not have any trouble seems like not the best idea.

I'd rock option 1 for at least a year or 2 while I stacked parts for option 2. Buying a rig to immediately gut it and make it a huge project kinda defeats the "hop in and go" aspect.

That also give time for the aftermarket to figure out the little bullshit associated with an axle swap.

I'd rock option 1 for at least a year or 2 while I stacked parts for option 2. Buying a rig to immediately gut it and make it a huge project kinda defeats the "hop in and go" aspect.

That also give time for the aftermarket to figure out the little bullshit associated with an axle swap.

All this.

A year or 2 later you can sell the 37's and wheels and go tons if the IFS just wasn't cutting it.

And don't do front leaves. :rolleyes: It deserves better than that. :flipoff2:

I'd choose option 1.
You're buying a brand new car with a warranty. Try not to fuck that up for a while.

and turbos>v8 these days.

Only way to get the 7spd

Well,

mll-psls4272sct_xl.jpg

I'm disappointed..

1 - no poll.
2 - practical, common sense recommendations trumping SAS and 40's?

sad days ahead...

I was going to say option 1 but reality is it will probably turn into option 2 within a year or 2 so you would save money just doing tgat first.

I want to see you do option 2. I really do. But option 1 is the better option for what you want to use it for, and the one I would take if I were in your shoes. But, to reiterate, you need to do tons and 40s

doitdoitdoit

pussy

pussypussypussy:flipoff2:

Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly

Option 2 b could be to rock it stock until the first winter which is optimal build season. (june is the absolute soonest I'd get it) at which point I'll bet the aftermarket has already figured out the details. For all I know I'm 6 months down the list anyway.

And don't do front leaves. :rolleyes: It deserves better than that. :flipoff2:

I'm kinda torn on this. It sounds really easy to buy a bolt on jk long arm lift and trusses/ brackets for the superduty axles and make it work..... I've just never been disappointed in anything I've owned that was leaf sprung with decent shocks. They are also stupid simple and just work.

I'm kinda torn on this. It sounds really easy to buy a bolt on jk long arm lift and trusses/ brackets for the superduty axles and make it work..... I've just never been disappointed in anything I've owned that was leaf sprung with decent shocks. They are also stupid simple and just work.

Needs those z-shackles/tera-flex shackles.

You obviously are not retarded with suspension.
Put a V-8 in it!

285 hp or whatever they come with will be twice as much hp as any v8 bronco I've ever had. 6k will get you a 500+ hp supercharger kit if I ever want to go full retaded.

Dimensions and weight wise its really similar to a 4runner so I think the power will be fine.

I don't think leafs would be very easy on an 05-16 D60 front.

He's gonna eat the goat?

Na, that's a penciltuckey muslim thing.

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode Is A Real Thing,

This confirmation supports the previous trademark filing by the brand that we reported before. To recall, the first-generation Ford Bronco carried the nickname G.O.A.T. or Goes Over Any Terrain back in the 1960s.

It stands for "Go Over Any Type of Terrain" and comprises of different selectable drive modes

by Sidd Dhimaan, on July 15, 2020, 15:00
The Bronco has lit up the automotive scene in more ways than even Ford would’ve imagined. The off-roader is filled with features that enthusiasts have been asking automakers for all along. One exciting feature that Ford has introduced on the Bronco is the cleverly named GOAT mode. This is essentially the Bronco’s driving modes that make it a capable off-road

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-GOAT-Mode-Control-300x200.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-GOAT-Mode-Control-300x200.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.0 KB ID:	113815

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh