What's new

27 million to Floyd family from city for death settlement

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
WOW.

A debate can be made that the city probably had to settle the case but from a financial point of view, why even settle if its going to cost taxpayers 27 million?

That is a crazy amount for a total and complete loser of a man. Add in the other factors that surely contributed to his death, and this is insane.

Further adding to the insanity, the vote was unanimous by the city council.

Reactions: PAE
Well if they don't it will cost them 10x that much to rebuild the entire city.

Now let's hear the not guilty verdict. I heard the coroner report says there is no evidence of physical trauma that would cause death...

WOW.

A debate can be made that the city probably had to settle the case but from a financial point of view, why even settle if its going to cost taxpayers 27 million?

That is a crazy amount for a total and complete loser of a man. Add in the other factors that surely contributed to his death, and this is insane.

Further adding to the insanity, the vote was unanimous by the city council.

If city admits negligence then that essentially admitting wrongdoing, which means that Chauvin was in the wrong, which then links back to his criminal trial currently ongoing.

how the hell a civil case could be currently going on while a criminal trial concerning the same events is going on is completely asinine. Its used to be able to get ahead of the narrative and sway public opinion.

it'll make the criminal trial into a show trial. And that'll be exactly what happens. Forget the fentanyl, forget the methamphetamine, forget all the drugs in his system and the medical complications of untreated hypertension and the combination of the drug cocktail in his veins and the stress on his body from the adrenaline rush of struggling with the cops caused.
the coroner is a racist, so forget that he said george's heart popped.
the pig is racist and deserves the needle.
if you disagree, you are part of the white supremacist patriarichal white privileged mob and you will be canceled.

this city gladly settled the suit. Hell. They probably asked if they could pay more. If its Democrat run, there narrative depends on Chauvin being guilty. They stand to benefit greatly of their being perceived systemic racism. Their power depends on that belief for the ignorant.

point is, it's a planned settlement to further an agenda, and the allowance of it by a judge seems to indicate how pervasive this woke ideology has taken hold and/or is willing by be allowed to flourish by those that are too chickenshit to do what is right.

in this case it would have been to continue the civil trail until the criminal trial is concluded.

but now the Flloyds can start that politically motivated charity and/or campaign that they've always wanted targeting inner city youths, that's the way this story always plays out, right?

Last edited:
. . .
how the hell a civil case could be currently going on while a criminal trial concerning the same events is going on is completely asinine. . . .
Agreed. But the burden of proof for civil judgment is less than criminal. I've always believed the burden of proof for civil should be equal or greater.

Agreed. But the burden of proof for civil judgment is less than criminal. I've always believed the burden of proof for civil should be equal or greater.

Really? $ is more important than prison/freedom?

I think that the standards for evidence admissibility should be the same, but the standard of proof should remain lower.
the standard for criminal trial is "beyond reasonable doubt" which is 99.9% more than likely.
the standard for civil is preponderance, which is 51% more than likely.
I think civil should be bumped up from preponderance, but not sure to what level.
but the problem is what the two courts see as evidence, ecspecailly when they are going to run congruently on the same fucking events, as that by its very nature can greatly taint jury pools with tainted beliefs. "The city settled so chauvin must be guilty."

its the complete evisceration of chauvin's constitutional right to a free and fair trial.
not defending the guy. He deserves to lose his badge, never be allowed to be a cop again, and charged with excessive force and abuse of power, and murder...if its proven. But now, because of this bullshit and the media frenzy, it doesn't have to be proven. It's become the court of popular opinion. It just speaks to the much deeper constitutional crisis that this country is in and the constitutional threats that organizations like blm and antifa really are (and how those organizations are wielded like weapons by those in power.)

That dead criminal wasn't worth 27 pesos bit now white guilt has set a precedent and now every low life piece of shit is going to be lawyering up. Some days I hate people more than others.

Truth. A few weeks before Floyd a beaner in NM was killed in the same manner and with a similar background, and he didn't warrant a single shed tear from our governor who was up in arms and crying crocodile tears over Floyd..

But was it caught on a 100 cell phones

I thought the mid-west cities still had brains. And you guys laugh at California :lmao:

city council is a bunch of fucking retards with that settlement, and before the criminal trial? Damn

that's pretty awesome :lmao:

"we demand justice"

- uh, how about $27M

"we'll take that, but burn the rest down because it ain't enough"

:lmao:

I thought the mid-west cities still had brains. And you guys laugh at California :lmao:

city council is a bunch of fucking retards with that settlement, and before the criminal trial? Damn

a man died within city limits, of course the city is negligent and liable :lmao:

I hope every fucking business that's closed, looted, burned, vandalized, or inconvenienced in MI goes after that mutherfukrs family. If the taxpayers are on the hook for the cause, the plaintiffs should be on the hook for the response.

I hope every fucking business that's closed, looted, burned, vandalized, or inconvenienced in MI goes after that mutherfukrs family. If the taxpayers are on the hook for the cause, the plaintiffs should be on the hook for the response.

But enough about Michigan businesses, what about the Minnesota ones? :flipoff2:

[486 said:
;n345327]lol
what
"hey black kids, you're worth more dead than alive! drug yourselves dead then try and commit suicide by cop"
is all I get from this result

i worry that this will encourage people to sacrifice family members for money. **

** - the word "sacrifice" in that sentence gives me the heebee-jeebee's, but it's all that made sense.

Top Back Refresh