What's new

2023 King of the Hammers - Irate Members to watch

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
irates-at-KoH-2023.jpg

If you're racing or on a team's crew post up here so the rest of us know who to be on the lookout for.

Be sure to include:
  1. What class you're racing in
  2. Car number
  3. Other events you may be participating in that week
  4. Where you're pit/camp is (optional)

If you'll be needing some pit help or something along those lines feel free to mention it.

If you have a team swag shop online please share that as well.

Looking forward to it fellas :beer:

Last edited:
MuddNutt racing should have 3 vehicles competing. 4531 the red and white early Bronco dad drives. Myself in #431 the 4600 class Bronco. And Danny piloting a class 11 Baja Bug in what ends up being one of the most entertaining things to watch all week.

Off Track Motorsports, 4580 will be there. We qualify Tuesday the 7th, should be in 2pm Power Hour. EMC race is Friday. I'm at 112 Griffin, right up front on Yukon Row. If you make it down, stop by and say HI!

Also, if you want, follow us on IG at @offtrackmotorsports

John

Attachments

• 273199918_10223168176091353_7954535460677721628_n.jpg
    273199918_10223168176091353_7954535460677721628_n.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
1. Trail Rig Racing Stock Class EMC Friday
2. 4653
3. Hunter Racing #107 (my son) will be racing Wednesday in the inaugural KOH youth 170 race
4. Camping at 209 spidertrax inside hammertown - stop by! We always need help in the pits if you're interested
4653-sturgis-22-scotts-designs_1959-jpg.565744
b9bb4ab6-0a2d-465b-aab5-a03942f7dfc7-jpeg.566226

Last edited:
Team Hadsall Built will be racing again this year,
Both cars in 4600 EMC Friday's race

My brother (Chad Hadsall) is in 4657 Blue Samurai, I (Anthony Hadsall) am in 4652 Red Samurai.
Not sure where camp will be this year but if you see us around stop by say what up!

IMG_2190.jpg

1. Trail Rig Racing Stock Class EMC Friday
2. 4653
3. Hunter Racing #107 (my son) will be racing Wednesday in the inaugural KOH youth 170 race
4. Camping at 209 spidertrax inside hammertown - stop by! We always need help in the pits if you're interested
Any details on the Youth class?
build thread?
rig specs?

We'll be in the Desert Challenge in Ruslan Yanklevich's BITD Pro XP on Saturday and then also racing UTV Hammers in his Turbo S on Thursday. I'm pretty sure he's keeping same numbers, u932/932 respectively. He hasn't registered yet but should be registering this week, hopefully.

If anyone needs pit help I’ll gladly exchange for a place to bunk. I don’t stink or snore 😂

I’ll be down there with my 4Runner and KTM. I can gladly haul parts and fuel or whatever. I’m very mechanically inclined and would love to get as close to the action as I can.

MuddNutt racing should have 3 vehicles competing. 4531 the red and white early Bronco dad drives. Myself in #431 the 4600 class Bronco. And Danny piloting a class 11 Baja Bug in what ends up being one of the most entertaining things to watch all week.
I tried to use that thing on Hammerking's website to give you your free $10 as my preferred driver but you didn't appear to be on the list and their SERCH function gave me aids. I'll be looking out though.

I tried to use that thing on Hammerking's website to give you your free $10 as my preferred driver but you didn't appear to be on the list and their SERCH function gave me aids. I'll be looking out though.
Thank you for the thought. That feature probably doesn’t actually work

Yes but not thru email. I was told everybody that had a spot last year is getting their same spot this year. Hope you're good with that, from the sounds of it it's gonna be a pain to move spots

If anyone needs pit help I’ll gladly exchange for a place to bunk. I don’t stink or snore 😂

I’ll be down there with my 4Runner and KTM. I can gladly haul parts and fuel or whatever. I’m very mechanically inclined and would love to get as close to the action as I

Do yourself a favor and order one of these, get familiar with how to use it and program it.

Get the maps and gps stuff downloaded before you head out there

is there a set list of channels or is that something each team does? like public channels

There's a main weatherman channel and a race control channel and likely BFG pits channel. If you want to listen in on teams, you have to ask them for their channels. PCI or racing radios will be there and can give you a list of what they have.

These things aren't encrypted so if you can listen, you can talk, some teams don't like giving out the public ability to accidentally sit on your mic button and ruin an entire comms plan.

If you're going to help somebody out, it's helpful to have your own radio.
#1 It's yours and you can break it if you want
#2 You don't have to find your team and return it at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Yeah unless you're an actual functional member of the team there's no race teams that will let the public listen. Way too much potential for hot mics. Alot of time is spent developing channels that people can't stumble on. Just listen to ultra4 race ops if anything

is there a set list of channels or is that something each team does? like public channels

No race team info, but the basic channels loaded in my radio that you can put in a baofeng. This was a standard load back 5+ years.

Also, many radios will need to unlocked to get to the frequencies used at KOH. I had to do for a handheld baofeng and my TYT TH-8600 that's in my buggy.

One example:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 2.21.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 2.21.24 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Yeah unless you're an actual functional member of the team there's no race teams that will let the public listen. Way too much potential for hot mics. Alot of time is spent developing channels that people can't stumble on. Just listen to ultra4 race ops if anything
I'm thinking I could relay a team's channel through the web to a live stream. Listen only obviously.
Curious how many people would want to listen and/or if teams would want that kind of interaction.

I'm thinking I could relay a team's channel through the web to a live stream. Listen only obviously.
Curious how many people would want to listen and/or if teams would want that kind of interaction.
that would be cool may not listen to entire race but be cool to hear bits and pieces of what up

I live in the IE and will be going and back and forth quite a few times during the week. If anyone needs parts shagged I'd be happy to bring them to the lake bed. If anyone needs tires I know an amazing local tire shop that usually has our sizes in stock and has killer prices. He's sitting a good amount of KMC beadlocks right now too.

Definitely be cool if you can wrangle it.

I live in the IE and will be going and back and forth quite a few times during the week. If anyone needs parts shagged I'd be happy to bring them to the lake bed. If anyone needs tires I know an amazing local tire shop that usually has our sizes in stock and has killer prices. He's sitting a good amount of KMC beadlocks right now too.
fuck that took me a minute to figure out... 2008 was the last time i lived in cali. IE= inland empire correct?

what's a "killer price" on 17x9 6 on 5.5 KMC beadlocks?

Top Back Refresh