What's new

2023 King of the Hammers - Irate Members to watch

Screenshot_20230128-184351_Messages.jpg

Put about 40 miles on it today. Ready to race!

I'm not far from that ping, i will have to look for everybody tomorrow. I got exactly zero sleep last night so my brain is kinda jello-eeey.

Qualified 36th. We timed out at lap 2. 3 flat tires, one 5 miles into the race. Broke the rear upper link mount at outer limits at 10:30. Co dawg walked an hour to where i was at rp2. Hiked back with our little stick welder. Finally got to rp2 at 2pm. Got stuck in traffic at jack and missed the 6pm cut off by 7 minutes. I sat up at rp2 and watched the cluster that was kings veto.

Took the crew out for a ride today before we left and walked some of the trails. Finally got a real shower and my phone back after getting there in the 3rd. Was a great time and overall we are pretty stoked with the car and the changes made over the off season. Always fun being part of a team out there.

Walking kings veto this morning and i guess someone had a real bad day yesterday :flipoff2:

Attachments

• 16762505582650.jpg
    16762505582650.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 39
Qualified 36th. We timed out at lap 2. 3 flat tires, one 5 miles into the race. Broke the rear upper link mount at outer limits at 10:30. Co dawg walked an hour to where i was at rp2. Hiked back with our little stick welder. Finally got to rp2 at 2pm. Got stuck in traffic at jack and missed the 6pm cut off by 7 minutes. I sat up at rp2 and watched the cluster that was kings veto.

Took the crew out for a ride today before we left and walked some of the trails. Finally got a real shower and my phone back after getting there in the 3rd. Was a great time and overall we are pretty stoked with the car and the changes made over the off season. Always fun being part of a team out there.

Walking kings veto this morning and i guess someone had a real bad day yesterday :flipoff2:
What rig?

Just pulled in to the house.

Our team of 3 rigs.

4861 broke an axleshaft before main pit after pit one. Leaked all the gear oil out of the diff. We could have fixed it but the driver threw in the towel.

4807 did a multiple ass over tits over teakettle end over end into barrel roll at MP 30. Driver broke his wrist when the window net failed.

4881 finished 11th overall, 7th in class, 2nd rookie to finish and 1st rookie to finish in class.

Hell of a two weeks down there.

Got to party with Austin on Friday night! Thanks for the swag, and the drinks! Goot times!

2big bronco , showed and pitted for me like a bad ass.

1Sinner, showed up and pitted for me like a bad ass.

Everyone in my camp said they both jumped in with both feet and contributed without needing instruction. Loved having you both and appreciate it more than you know.

Also met Honky Lips, Austin, and Drakeslayer tracked me down. So glad I’m part of this place.
05312825-0D20-4BFA-B73A-04526D5933A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Everyone in my camp said they both jumped in with both feet and contributed without needing instruction. Loved having you both and appreciate it more than you know.
Thats awesome to hear :smokin:

Good meeting you too, wish I would have found you a bit earlier in the night. Next time for sure.

You and your dad did some awesome work there :beer:

Nice rig

Wish I could have spent a few more days and met some of the other members. Great group here, lotta talent all around, and some really great people.

Had a killer time with 2big bronco , Matt, Mike, George, and everyone else in the pits (sorry I didn't get everyone, terrible with names) for John and Shawn. Look forward to future events and meet ups.

If anyone is ever in the area, look me up.

Last edited:
Sweet rig. What’s the specs?
I'm not to certain on the specs. They drag me along for comic relief watching a 6'6" guy get in and out of razrs all week:flipoff2:

It is a trent fab car. Think it ran koh back in 12 as a solid axle. Then went ifs and narrow for east coast. Brent bought it a few years ago just for short course racing around MT. Qualified for KOH last year and being narrow it just didn't work. They widened it 10", to 94" i think, last fall and it works much better.

One of these years i hope to actually get away long enough to meet more people down there but always seems to be busy.

Also met Honky Lips, Austin, and at least one more member that tracked me down. So glad I’m part of this place.
05312825-0D20-4BFA-B73A-04526D5933A9.jpeg

Had a good time and glad I could help out even if just a little bit.

I enjoyed working with your brother for the few minutes I did. It seems like we have similar skills and ways of doing stuff.... but he is 10x more efficient because he doesnt need to think about it.
I had to pull the driveline for your dads car out of his hands to hold it for him while he worked on changing the ujoint. He was struggling to to hold it between his knees and beat on it with the hammer. He looked like he wanted to knock me out at first till I spun it around and held it down on the vice... then realized we were on the same page and we got it dialed in 1/2 the time.

Your dad seemed like a grumpy old asshole that Id get along good with when I get him to crack.... maybe next time. The only time he opened his mouth was to tell me I was wrong about something, lol. No problem there, like I said Ill get him to talk next time.

Your lucky to have mike working with you guys. Smart guy who knows how to make the correct calls at the right times with only your team in mind.

:1Sinner: was/is a great guy also and was cool to have the company of another outsider to the group.

4580 qualified 4th in class, started EMC 18th overall. We hit a big lip about race mile 25 and I'm pretty sure shockloaded the drivetrain and broke something in the t-case, we made it to race mile 57 when we lost all drive/power. T-case is cracked all around front half, plus I think something is broken in front differential. Wasn't the outcome we were hoping fort this year. :(

I was there pitting for MuddNutt racing (JR4X). Here's a couple shots you might want. Nice looking jeep. How'd you guys do?
20230210_113548.jpg
20230210_113552.jpg
20230210_113556.jpg
Thanks for the pictures!

Started 17th in class and ended up 17th in class. No broken parts or flats. We were just entering Jackhammer/Sledgehammer at 6:00 when race ops radiod us and said times up, race is over (10 hrs on course). Drove back to Hammertown to thank the Milestar and John Mathews 4580 crews.

Our top speed in the desert loop was only 60 because the suspension needs more tuning, we were at 30-40 most of the time and got passed alot. Lost some time topping off the radiator 3 times in the rocks because we think the 16psi cap is letting too much into the expansion tank and not sucking it all back in. Lost some time also topping off the 24 gallon cell at every pit, we were getting 6mpg and could have skipped 2 refuels. Also got caught in about 4 traffic jams on rock trails with an average of 5 vehicles broke or stuck in front of us. This was our first year and learned alot!

4580 qualified 4th in class, started EMC 18th overall. We hit a big lip about race mile 25 and I'm pretty sure shockloaded the drivetrain and broke something in the t-case, we made it to race mile 57 when we lost all drive/power. T-case is cracked all around front half, plus I think something is broken in front differential. Wasn't the outcome we were hoping fort this year. :(
Thanks for taking my the time to share a little insight into the race and ultimately what took you out of it. What races do you plan to hit this season?

Thanks for the pictures!

Started 17th in class and ended up 17th in class. No broken parts or flats. We were just entering Jackhammer/Sledgehammer at 6:00 when race ops radiod us and said times up, race is over (10 hrs on course). Drove back to Hammertown to thank the Milestar and John Mathews 4580 crews.

Our top speed in the desert loop was only 60 because the suspension needs more tuning, we were at 30-40 most of the time and got passed alot. Lost some time topping off the radiator 3 times in the rocks because we think the 16psi cap is letting too much into the expansion tank and not sucking it all back in. Lost some time also topping off the 24 gallon cell at every pit, we were getting 6mpg and could have skipped 2 refuels. Also got caught in about 4 traffic jams on rock trails with an average of 5 vehicles broke or stuck in front of us. This was our first year and learned alot!
Going back next year?

crazy
that sucks

Thanks for taking my the time to share a little insight into the race and ultimately what took you out of it. What races do you plan to hit this season?

Going back next year?
We'll be at Ultra 4 Montana in May, planning on Vegas to Reno, and honestly after that I'm not 100% sure yet.

Top Back Refresh