What's new

2005 F-250 Front Suspension Rehab

posford

:flipoff2:
Member Number
Loc
NH
Considering tears the whole front end out from under my 2005 F-250 and starting over. Its got 160k miles, a 5.4 with 60k miles, coil spacer and 35s. The radius arm brackets are rusting though, the coil buckets are flaking and shitty. Frame looks pretty good from what I can tell. Its been a great truck but its getting thread bare and I figure its a hell of a lot cheaper to fix this than go finance a new 250. I'm tired of it driving like shit.

Coil buckets are $300 for the pair through Ford, radius arm brackets are about the same. I'm considering new radius arms while I'm doing it, I see 2008+ ones for $120, 2005-07 for double that. Is there any real difference?

Thinking new BJs, U joints, steering links, possibly steering box, track bar, bushings on the axle side of the radius arms, frame side if I keep my radius arms, thinking springs, considering unit bearings, would love to do 4.56 gears while I'm this deep.

While I have the coil buckets off it'll get exhaust manifolds both sides (headers?) and new power steering lines. Might as well send my SCT x4 in to get unlocked and tune this thing again.

What upgrades are worthwhile for the frontend? Like trackbar, radius arms, springs? Or just stock replacement everything? TBH I got caught up with PMF's website and want it all, but can't justify it. Their radius arm brackets are on-par with Ford, but the pimp coil buckets are double the $. Radius arms look nice, but $1000 for them, versus $615 for BDS, versus $450 for stock.

I want to be able to hook onto my father's 32' GN and not hate life if I choose to go a couple hundred miles away to get something.

Last edited:
should be able to get some OEM radius arms for less than 450. Easy to move holes to add caster for the spacer.

Wrecking yards that commonly get these trucks have lots of these arms. They're not really a wear item. They're probably scrapping half of them.

I got a set of 05+ coil buckets you can have for cheap. Busted my ass to pull them off a truck in Virginia years ago and never got around to using them.

Radius arm brackets are stupid cheap online if you get over your hard on for OEM. All you gotta do is sling your own paint.

Last edited:
I got a set of 05+ coil buckets you can have for cheap. Busted my ass to pull them off a truck in Virginia years ago and never got around to using them.

Radius arm brackets are stupid cheap online if you get over your hard on for OEM. All you gotta do is sling your own paint.
Ill take you up on those buckets. Got 4 weeks until kid is due so if I don't do it the next few weeks, it'll be a couple months :flipoff2:

What do you mean they're cheap? I've found some aftermarket drop ones but I really don't need the drop.

I guess I should also start looking at used radius arms. I just figure mines got the rust bug, all of them must have it.

I didn't realize all the $60ish brackets were just drop brackets and not the whole thing.

I'll sell you the coil buckets for $100 for the pair.

Don't forget to lift it flat-biller sky-high with ridiculously wide wheels and low profile muds, so it tows worse.

PMF makes solid products. Had good luck with them.

Don't forget to lift it flat-biller sky-high with ridiculously wide wheels and low profile muds, so it tows worse.

PMF makes solid products. Had good luck with them.
I bought it 10 years ago and have managed to not lift it, and I prefer my 315 BFGs on 17" AR wheels anyways :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh