What's new

1997 F250 HD (OBS) Door

4RunnerGuy

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Galveston, TX
I've taking care if some deferred maintenance/annoyances on this truck as I'm driving it more.

I installed the bronco graveyard door handle reinforcing plates. The outer (latch side) glass channel didn't have a bolt in it. Since replacing the missing bolt, the channel binds the door lock.

It's difficult to see what the issue is. Perhaps somethings bent or worn out. Has anyone dealt with this. Perhaps this is why the PO left the bolt out!:laughing:

Not that the name wasn't a dead giveaway, but I don't think you're cut out for 30yo vehicle ownership. :flipoff2:

There's no way for any of us to give you good advice without looking at how the bolt is pulling it and since you have access to the truck you should be able to do that better than us.

Maybe stuff some washers in there so that the bolt doesn't actually pull it anywhere.

20240317_083553.jpg

The channel bolt is out. When it's installed, the rod clip is snug against the glass channel. That seems odd as the clip is connected to the door handle and moves when pushed in.

For those of you sitting on the edge of your seats, the mystery has been solved. The rubber seal got pulled out of the bottom of the channel. I'm pretty sure that's why things were binding.

The glass did clearance itself: arse_sidewards stupidity is not brand loyal :homer::flipoff2:

Attachments

• 20240317_092107.jpg
    20240317_092107.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I've taking care if some deferred maintenance/annoyances on this truck as I'm driving it more.

I installed the bronco graveyard door handle reinforcing plates. The outer (latch side) glass channel didn't have a bolt in it. Since replacing the missing bolt, the channel binds the door lock.

It's difficult to see what the issue is. Perhaps somethings bent or worn out. Has anyone dealt with this. Perhaps this is why the PO left the bolt out!:laughing:
I went the Solo MP route:
1710692060378.jpeg

It was straight-forward; even this nOOB installed it without issue.:laughing::homer:

Top Back Refresh