What's new

1969 Jeepster Update

I did some light flex testing to make sure I don’t have any tire and shock interface.

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

You have friends you're willing to share a drink with? I'd have to pressure wash most of my friends before sharing the same cup.:flipoff2:

Todays action. I added some tubes to my sliders. My plan to tube them out and then add some 1/2” UHMW.

IMG_1716.jpeg

IMG_1719.jpeg
I am working on some gussets for the pivots. My goal is to make this whole subframe style skid to get flat belly.

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

I also started designing some new removable fender mounts. These will be cut out of steel with a wire mesh inlay.

IMG_1725.jpeg

Update time.

IMG_1802.jpeg

I picked up this cool little mill from a buddy. I had to build a stand for it but now it’s ready to work.
IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

My grill shell had some garbage Amazon lights cut into it. So I made some patches and also rebuilt the corners that I chopped off.

IMG_1853.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

But the real action has been happing on my yard tractor. This bad boy is OAF and has been sitting for 10 plus years. Fuel tank was rusted out. So my boys and I bought a small spun aluminum tank and made a mount for it.

IMG_1939.jpeg

We made a hitch for it. I can move my tilt deck trailer with it. So cool.
IMG_1959.jpeg

Congrats on getting this beast on the road.

When you say the shifter is hard to adjust, do you mean it's hard to reach or.....
No, I am having trouble getting it to drop into gear at the right spots on the shifter.

I think I put both the tranny(4L80e) and shifter(same as yours) in Park and adjusted for that and it worked. I don't think I've done anything else to it since.

Does it not fall into the gates as it should? Can you grind the gates to make it work?

I think I put both the tranny(4L80e) and shifter(same as yours) in Park and adjusted for that and it worked. I don't think I've done anything else to it since.

Does it not fall into the gates as it should? Can you grind the gates to make it work?
It’s works great when shifting from park to 3rd. It is 1/2” off when down shifting. I just have to play with it more. I didn’t add the washer the Winters recommends for firm shifts. I will add that once I do the first service.

Not much to update lately. I have just been driving if. I did make some rock light mounts. I love having a brake now. Makes things a lot cleaner and accurate.

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

Was this pile of tears headed NB on 15 in Murrietta today? If so, I flipped it off from the SB side :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh