What's new

10.25 disks

There was a thread in General 4x4 about using either Tesla, ford fusion, or VW something electric calipers as well, I like that idea.

2019+ rangers use a cable ebrake caliper set up, might be worth looking at them

Is it a 2019+ part or have they been running it forever and 2019 is just the first year of that platform in the US?

Is it a 2019+ part or have they been running it forever and 2019 is just the first year of that platform in the US?

my parts catalog show it as 19+ as thats when the ranger came back to north america, i do not have access to the other parts catalogs to see if same as the south american rangers ect

pics from the parts catalog as i don not have one one the shelf to look at right now

Screenshot 2020-09-24 135034.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-24 135058.jpg

What kind of miles are you guys getting from the eldorado pads? 10k later I need pads.

This will be the second time these calipers need pads, and new calipers. Ones leaking again... Now that I have the line lock I don't need e brake calipers any more. What's do I tell advanced to get the non e brake calipers, the jb6 ones

i used AC Delco #18FR650 and 18FR649. im sure they can cross those numbers

This will be the second time these calipers need pads, and new calipers. Ones leaking again... Now that I have the line lock I don't need e brake calipers any more. What's do I tell advanced to get the non e brake calipers, the jb6 ones
Yes, JB6.

A line lock (or Mico Lock) holds brake pressure on the line to keep the brakes applied. They work good for short term parking brakes.
They can either be mechanical or electrical.

nOOB questions:
1) What's a line lock?
2) Why do I need one?
3) Has anyone done a write up one how to install one?

Search nOOB :flipoff2:

Search nOOB :flipoff2:
Thanks for the link.:beer:

i used AC Delco #18FR650 and 18FR649. im sure they can cross those numbers
are those jb6 or jb7.
which one is better for me? D60 front, hydroboost and i do tow often. I would like stronger brakes, only if it wont effect how it stops empty. Right now its about perfect, ive never locked any of the tires up with this set up.

are those jb6 or jb7.
which one is better for me? D60 front, hydroboost and i do tow often. I would like stronger brakes, only if it wont effect how it stops empty. Right now its about perfect, ive never locked any of the tires up with this set up.

The JB6 caliper is the small pin spacing, the JB7 is the large pin spacing. The Eldorado calipers are small pin spacing. So youd have to stay with the JB6 caliper unless you want to rework your caliper mount. The JB6 K20 caliper is basically identical to the Eldorado caliper in regards to size and bore, and uses the same pad. You wont notice a difference in your brakes by switching to them.

Derailing this thread a bit:

I was behind a car hauler that had Ford Transit 350s on it. Cab & chassis, DRW. They had cable actuated calipers as well. Looked like the same as the Ranger caliper, but bigger. Rock Auto says theyre not the same.

Pic stolen from rock auto:
BRCF493-FRO.jpg

The easiest would be a 99-04 10.5 with hubs drill for 8x6.5 and use an e350 rotor (same rotor as all the kits use)
After the hubs are drilled it's all factory Ford parts. The axle perches don't have to be moved either.
The super duty rotor and e350 are identical aside from bolt pattern. Has to be the rotor off the full float D60 found in the 12 passenger/long wheel base vans.

E-series vans were 8x6.5 until they were discontinued in 2011. Vans never used the metric pattern.
The Chev D70 from their vans is stupid wide. It's normally found in the cutaway van with the fiberglass hatchback thing on them.

Glad to be rid of those eldorado calipers. The pads probably had 25 precent lift after 2 years. One or both calipers were leaking.
Napa jb6, ceramic pads and a quick 80g on a da sander to the disks:homer:
Pedal is way softer but I'm sure that's because the caliper isn't ratcheting way to tight.
PXL_20230407_230218865.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230407_230218865.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230407_230218865.MP.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
The easiest would be a 99-04 10.5 with hubs drill for 8x6.5 and use an e350 rotor (same rotor as all the kits use)
After the hubs are drilled it's all factory Ford parts. The axle perches don't have to be moved either.
The super duty rotor and e350 are identical aside from bolt pattern. Has to be the rotor off the full float D60 found in the 12 passenger/long wheel base vans.

E-series vans were 8x6.5 until they were discontinued in 2011. Vans never used the metric pattern.
The Chev D70 from their vans is stupid wide. It's normally found in the cutaway van with the fiberglass hatchback thing on them.
Could you just use the caliper mount and caliper from the 99-04 10.25 on the older drum brake 10.25 or is the mounting flange different?

Could you just use the caliper mount and caliper from the 99-04 10.25 on the older drum brake 10.25 or is the mounting flange different?
No. They're not even close to fitting. The same is true of the D60 E350 axle; they will not work on a 10.25 without a significant amount of work.

No. They're not even close to fitting. The same is true of the D60 E350 axle; they will not work on a 10.25 without a significant amount of work.
I figured it wasn’t that easy. What about older 8x6.5 hubs on a 99-04 axle so you don’t have to drill?

Glad to be rid of those eldorado calipers. The pads probably had 25 precent lift after 2 years. One or both calipers were leaking.
Napa jb6, ceramic pads and a quick 80g on a da sander to the disks:homer:
Pedal is way softer but I'm sure that's because the caliper isn't ratcheting way to tight.
do you have some good pictures of the backside?

10k miles later and just under a year the driver side needs pads... Looks like i used napa ceramics last.
what ceramic pad will get me atleast 2 years? What year/model truck do i look for? I cant remember:homer:

This should be the correct rotor right? 20010323
2001 E350 rear single wheel.

Top Back Refresh