What's new

Official Part Weight Thread

Not sure if this helps anyone but I weighed some random shit today.

New 42 mtrk: 93.3 lbs

~50% 36x13.50x15 bias irok 60 lbs

15x10 old school trail read bead lock with rings and no bolts: 26.6 lbs

Stock samurai 15x5: 19.4 lbs

Old flat center stazworks 17x9 with large rock ring: 57.8

50% 32x10 maxxis carnivore on stock samurai wheel with speedway weld on beadlock kit: 61 lbs

Early 3.8 atlas 32sp in and out with aa Toyota flanges, no shifters and no oil: 100.6 lbs

Samurai tcase, 4.16 gears, full of oil stock upper mount and shifter attached: 41.8 :laughing:

These were all done with a digital bathroom scale.

Last edited:
Perhaps an ignorant question (but I won't know if I don't ask): What is a good brand/model hoist scale to buy for this sort of thing and wouldn't that be better than the wheel scale method (based on the issues we've documented about where you place the scales under a complete drivetrain)?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a set of wheel scales to get corner weights for suspension, but that's sort of cost prohibitive for my budget. That said, I'm not sure I can even afford a 'quality' hoist scale....depending on what those run.

I know Vevor is cheap Chinesium....I just dont' know if it's acceptable for this purpose:

Amazon has 'em too....also from China most likely.

So; suggestions?

Swapped batteries in my samurai and figured may as well wiegh them.

Group 34m diehard platinum (rebranded oddesey): 48 lbs

Full throttle FT410 sxs agm: 24.8 lbs

Perhaps an ignorant question (but I won't know if I don't ask): What is a good brand/model hoist scale to buy for this sort of thing and wouldn't that be better than the wheel scale method (based on the issues we've documented about where you place the scales under a complete drivetrain)?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a set of wheel scales to get corner weights for suspension, but that's sort of cost prohibitive for my budget. That said, I'm not sure I can even afford a 'quality' hoist scale....depending on what those run.

I know Vevor is cheap Chinesium....I just dont' know if it's acceptable for this purpose:

Amazon has 'em too....also from China most likely.

So; suggestions?

Mine is just an Amazon special 2,000Lb crane scale. Seems accurate enough based on my body weight hanging off it. I can post up exactly which one it is if you're interested, but I don't know if it is any better than the scales people discussed using in the first page or two of this thread.

I donated my BW1356 to willis_racing and decided to get a weight on it before he picked it up.

76.0Lbs for an HD transfer case, wet :smokin: (yes I did a tare with the rigging attached to the scale)
53122B59-4E7B-43C2-BEEF-0B2072FE00FB.jpeg

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me at all. Those fuckers are light for what they can take.

Iron head and block (aluminum intake) Ford 5.0L originally out of a '95 F150 with alternator, power steering pump, and smog pump, wet with oil and coolant. No flywheel/flexplate, 512Lbs. Only thing non-stock is the remote oil filter adapter.
IMG_8381.jpeg

Last edited:
All iron Ford 5.0L originally out of a '95 F150 with alternator, power steering pump, and smog pump, wet with oil and coolant. No flywheel/flexplate, 512Lbs. Only thing non-stock is the remote oil filter adapter.
IMG_8381.jpeg
Doing anything with it?

Top Back Refresh