What's new

Official Part Weight Thread

Even if they delete their posts, I don't have a way of taking that space. I think we are going to need help from Austin on this one.

YeeP , don't delete anything just yet.
Ok. I was just going to say let me know if you want me to copy paste something and put it there so it is in the same position

Honestly, I'll post whatever you want in there. I don't care. Just tag me when you want me to do something out of my phone set up so it notifies me. Sorry if I messed up your thread, I was just excited to see it

Ok. I was just going to say let me know if you want me to copy paste something and put it there so it is in the same position
That's a good idea too. I just figured 84 already had about 5 posts right at the beginning of this thread, and if you and Chaplin and even i delete our first couple posts he can have all of his first posts right at the top to edit. We'll see what Austin comes up with.

That's a good idea too. I just figured 84 already had about 5 posts right at the beginning of this thread, and if you and Chaplin and even i delete our first couple posts he can have all of his first posts right at the top to edit. We'll see what Austin comes up with.
Sounds good. I'll hold when I'm at right now until you guys figure it out

Honestly, I'll post whatever you want in there. I don't care. Just tag me when you want me to do something out of my phone set up so it notifies me. Sorry if I messed up your thread, I was just excited to see it
I don't think it is messed up, and i doubt 84 does either. Together we can make it work:laughing:

Honestly post #12 is the first with any relevant data(beside 84's, if those of us above that were to need to delete to give 84 more room, i think that would give him the first 6 or 7 spots to post the actual data. He could just take mine and Chaplin's pics of our crane scale and edit it into one of his posts.

Or start a new thread. Grab like the first ten posts right away

I deleted my first post here.

Also.
Aluminum 33 lb Forklift tank full of propane.
53.8 pounds.
I carried two of these. Some times steel some time aluminum. I dont have a full steel tank so i cant get a Comparison.

And gasoline weight is 6.1 pounds per gallon approx. if i goto a 18 gallon fuel cell from goat built that will be 110 pounds in just gasoline. Basically its a wash in the weight by changing fuel systems.

F184A3A4-1681-4C7F-81C4-3E96D0B4EB96.jpeg
78874B15-D544-4004-A299-04E96498475C.jpeg

Yeah but everyone who already posted pics with weights will have to repost...i assume Austin will have a way to do this the easiest way possible...
You could put together a list of parts, their weights, and a direct link to the post with the photo. The direct link button is in the header of each post.

Aluminum propane tank | 53.8 lbs |

Hero 3 speed | 150 lbs |

Ruffstuff front frame stiffener (half) plates

6 pounds 14 1/2 ounces.

277A9E8E-F86B-4457-B336-7200B37B0B66.jpeg

LS3 6.2L.....no front drive accessories, coolant, or oil.

6l90e......no torque converter or oil.

Hero 3spd TC.

Billet tc adapter, trans mount and tc mount are there too.

721lbs.

IMG_20230130_145206.jpg
IMG_20230130_145629.jpg

Wow. That’s light. I think my 5.3 is 500 plus. And tcase is 166. No tranny.
What I found interesting is that there's a scale under the engine oil pan and one under the trans pan. The engine oil pan scale is reading 271lbs and the trans pan is reading 450lbs. I totally expected it to be the other way around. That tells me the the trans mount will always see way more weight than the engine mounts. I would have never guessed that was the case.

I have to break everything apart here soon, so I'll be able to get individual weights of the engine and trans.

Top Back Refresh