Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

New Bike Review: Orange Flavor Buck-Fiddy

That's a schnazzy headlight, tell me about it.

Denali Electronics, made in America, comparable to Baja Designs but a little cheaper. Way better mounting system compared to the BD light kit.

The main motivator was that the Cyclops LED bulb stuck out the back of the stock headlight and was jammed into all the wiring behind it. It would get pushed out of adjustment every time I moved it.

Last edited:
"Swingarm bearing grease
Head bearing grease
Fork oil service"

Dont you have like 12 hours on this thing?:laughing:

Haha yep.

I had seen so many examples of poor factory grease, and the need to regrease brand new bikes, that I was concerned.

Turns out my bike wasn't too bad. Not great, but not bad:

PXL_20240324_212231808.jpg

Much better:

PXL_20240327_011901138.MP.jpg

As for the forks, the schedule calls for a 10 hour break-in oil change. I also want to get some grease between the seals. I'll probably get to this soon-ish, but I won't let it stop me from riding the bike.

And once the legs are dropped, the head bearings will be easy to do.

What's next?

Probly another 300. Maybe a 250...I dunno

No ktm/husky's. I know way to many guys that have had issues or just plain duds with the new bikes. And not happy with how buying the 150 went, so I have no problems buying out of town now:laughing:

I can get a leftover '23 300 sherco for $9300. Kinda leaning that direction, though I do need to go look at the beta's again

No ktm/husky's. I know way to many guys that have had issues or just plain duds with the new bikes. And not happy with how buying the 150 went, so I have no problems buying out of town now:laughing:

I can get a leftover '23 300 sherco for $9300. Kinda leaning that direction, though I do need to go look at the beta's again

You could ease into a grown up bike with an x trainer:flipoff2:

I can't argue with any of that.

If I needed to buy a new bike today, I have no idea what I'd get. I'd probably look at Betas again, there are no Sherco dealers around, the e-start kits for YZ's still aren't great, and then I'd most likely end up with another KTM in orange or blue flavor.

Sherco dealer is 3ish hours away....Not counting the local place, the next ktm dealer is 2-1/2 hrs away

Sherco dealer is 3ish hours away....Not counting the local place, the next ktm dealer is 2-1/2 hrs away

I just saw that Sisters Moto is a dealer, I wasn't aware of them. Probably the shop you'd go to as well.

Thats the one I was looking at.

Kinda nice that they just post the prices of the bikes. None of that click here and we will contact you BS

Nice, I'd like a firsthand review of a Sherco. There's some Beta support in central NM but no Sherco within the state lines.

That said, fuck carburetors, you're wrong and will suffer for it :flipoff2:

That said, fuck carburetors, you're wrong and will suffer for it :flipoff2:

Funny...all the guys fouling plugs and having bikes that load up and have flat spots in the power are all injected:homer:

Its fucking weird.

Spark plug on my 300 has been ontop of 3 different pistons:flipoff2:

Funny...all the guys fouling plugs and having bikes that load up and have flat spots in the power are all injected:homer:
I did see a TBI bike foul a plug on a cold start once. That's about the extent of problems I've witnessed personally.
Every time I've ridden one though, I was totally blown away by the power. Fuck do they run. Fuel pickup location is pretty stupid though.
Its fucking weird.

Spark plug on my 300 has been ontop of 3 different pistons:flipoff2:
Reject tradition, embrace modernity:flipoff2:

I know of a '23 250sx that was getting about 1 plug per mile.
23 husky 250 that loads up bad, if you arent on the throttle
A few 24's that'll eat a plug or two per ride
Plus a handful of guys on 250/300's that have spent plenty on tuning trying to get them to run decent. They do run hard, when they are running though:smokin:

I'd be all about injected bikes if I wasnt seeing the issues that I'm seeing/hearing about. I do like that electric start button, thats pretty fucking nice

I'd be all about injected bikes if I wasnt seeing the issues that I'm seeing/hearing about.
Understandable. Hopefully they get the teething pains worked out without entirely selling out to the chinese, because the new suspension and motor packages put together (especially on stuff like the 350s) are beasts when working properly.
I do like that electric start button, thats pretty fucking nice
Been riding my YZ250 a lot recently, and doing a bunch of really tricky enduro/tight/trials shit on it. God damn it do I get jealous of my riding buddies on e start 300s when I stall it half way up a loose shitty climb or on a left sloping side hill:lmao::homer:

My 300 is a '13. So it has a button, it just doesnt work:laughing:

I have not even touched a clicker or set the sag on the 150, and the suspension from the factory is 100x better than the revalved and resprung, dialed in stuff on my 300. Its not even close

I hadnt really looked around at anything besides the ktm/husky's. Buy local an all... But I've about talked myself into the Sherco, and I haven't even seen one before:lmao:

I tossed a bigger main in my 300 when i did the head on it. Only time I have messed with it in 11 years:laughing:

I'm entirely over dicking with a carb. I also never rode a new, well tuned carb bike, I always was fighting them. My opinion would probably be different.

My old 200 had a JD Jet Kit in it, and it ran amazing.

The shitty thing about new carb bikes is that they are jetted way too lean in order to pass emissions testing. They almost always need to be rejetted as soon as they come off the showroom floor.

Top Back Refresh