Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

New Bike Review: Orange Flavor Buck-Fiddy

I dunno about that. On the single track you can get stupid:laughing: but its not going to eat you like a big bike. The guys I ride with like to ride pretty close together, they keep pulling over to let me by because they just hear the thing on the pipe. Going to take a bit to get 'em used to the fact that, thats just where it likes to be rode at:smokin:

Its a kid bike, its going to get flogged and beat on and then out growed in a year. No way would I be buying a newer bike for a kid unless they were racing. We had an XR80 and a XR100 growing up. Put about a million miles on them in the back yard. just great bikes

Tiny lil thing
20230927_113140.jpg

Yup you were right! Totally different bike now:smokin:

Need to read up on getting the air screw dialed in. Its been a long time since I messed with that stuff.

Yup you were right! Totally different bike now:smokin:

Need to read up on getting the air screw dialed in. Its been a long time since I messed with that stuff.

HELL YEAH!

What's your air screw at now? And did you install the Injector Relocation Kit?

Mine is currently 3.25 turns out from bottomed. That's what I ended up settling on as the "most open it can go without rev hanging" setting that Steve @ SB Moto recommended. I have the IRK that may require a different setting though, if you didn't install it.

Did the tune, and moved the injector. Did not get the idle screw.

Factory the screw was 2 turns out.If I get to 3 turns it doesnt want to start. Probly go up tomorrow and tweak on it while we ride. Hard to tune a bike in a parking lot

Actually rode it today. Not sure what to think

Im about 2-3/4 turns out now. Its harder to start, but seems to run betterish

On a down hill or even on a road and letting it coast, it loads up pretty quick.

More power off the bottom for sure and then jack shit until you are on the pipe.

I'll fiddle with it a bit more, when we are somewhere closer to the truck.

Actually rode it today. Not sure what to think

Im about 2-3/4 turns out now. Its harder to start, but seems to run betterish

On a down hill or even on a road and letting it coast, it loads up pretty quick.

More power off the bottom for sure and then jack shit until you are on the pipe.

I'll fiddle with it a bit more, when we are somewhere closer to the truck.

Do you have a map switch? Sounds like you may be on map 2.

I think you may need the idle screw to tune it right. The air screw tuning shouldn't be used for idle, it directly affects the tune itself.

I bet your right about needing that idle screw. Was getting pissed trying to get the thing to run halfway decent.

Hadnt considered the mapping. You might be right about that too:laughing: I bought the switch but didnt like how big it was. So I never stuck it on the bike. Need to look and see if the wires are plugged in or not.

I bet your right about needing that idle screw. Was getting pissed trying to get the thing to run halfway decent.

Hadnt considered the mapping. You might be right about that too:laughing: I bought the switch but didnt like how big it was. So I never stuck it on the bike. Need to look and see if the wires are plugged in or not.

😂

You can easily DIY an idle screw with a hardware store screw and spring.

The other thing I thought about is the tune you ordered - did they map it for your RK head + IRK?

Everything I have read, said the map was the same with or without the head.

Pretty much just 4 different tunes to start.

Hi rev and standard tune. with and without the IRK

Everything I have read, said the map was the same with or without the head.

Pretty much just 4 different tunes to start.

Hi rev and standard tune. with and without the IRK

Ah gotcha, your tuning box has different maps loaded. I forgot about that.

Steve at SB Moto is super helpful and prefers to chat on the phone for tuning and tech info. Give him a call if you need more guidance. His son wood races 150s so he has more experience tuning these bikes than most.

I ordered the idle screw. Will fiddle with it a bit more before I call and bug the guy.

I will say, that its interesting to me on hill climbs. How often you grab 3rd. I have a hard time making myself do that, but thats where it seems to want to be for a lot of it.

I ordered the idle screw. Will fiddle with it a bit more before I call and bug the guy.

I will say, that its interesting to me on hill climbs. How often you grab 3rd. I have a hard time making myself do that, but thats where it seems to want to be for a lot of it.

I agree! I was riding in second a lot, and once I started using third more everything felt smoother. I rarely downshift to first unless it's time for pivot turns or dabbing my way through boulders or something stop and go like that.

Idle screw and dicking with the map switch got it decent. Still just a tad fat off the bottom, need to mess with it a bit more. Just over 3 turns out on the air screw now

Pulls pretty friggen hard for a lil bike. Everybody so far has been pretty impressed with the thing.

Hit some decent hills today. Held 3rd wide out on one of them for way, way to long. It was making interesting noises towards the top of the hill. Nothing blew up though:laughing:

Coming into a tight corner and being 4 gears to high to do anything is rather amusing:lmao: Rocketship if you dont fuck anything up though.

What a fun bike

Quick moto updates from the past couple months...

Got the XR70 done for my daughter. She loves it.

PXL_20231009_223915438.jpg

Rode the KTM a few times at home, and a few times in the woods. Added some BPD disc guards and a TMD chain guide because I've been in more boulder gardens lately. I was also buying lots of XR stuff and wanted stuff for me too. :flipoff2:

Foggy day in a burned area:

1000000081.jpg

Last weekend, probably the last nice fall day to ride:

1000000099.jpg

I ended up fouling a BPR9EIX last ride even after riding the bike at speed, but then had a long descent to get home. I'm swapping to a BPR8EIX.

Oh yeah, I threw on a small 8oz Steahly flywheel weight just for shits to try it out. It's an interesting feeling on this bike. It seems to add a little more vibration, but it definitely reduces stalling like it's supposed to. I'm mainly curious about how it will benefit clutch drop moves like pivot turns and blips where the rotating mass is used more than straight engine torque. Still need to test that more, but so far so good.

PXL_20231021_170325371.jpg

Bottom of your pipe isnt even dented yet. You just riding roads or something? :flipoff2:

The pipe is kinda dirty now... :lmao:

The trails I'm on are mostly blue, and some black but not super difficult or techy. I'm not pushing things much because I'm having fun and not bored yet.

I did get a stick jabbed up against my TPS but the BPD guard did its job. Glad I installed that based on others advice.

Dunno what blue trails are?

My pipes flat across the bottom already, and powder coat is knocked off the frame back by the pegs. Only tipped it over once so far and it wasn't anything exciting:laughing:.

We were talking about the plugs being a 9 the other day, and wondering wtf. My old 300 uses a 7 in it

Dunno what blue trails are?

My pipes flat across the bottom already, and powder coat is knocked off the frame back by the pegs. Only tipped it over once so far and it wasn't anything exciting:laughing:.

We were talking about the plugs being a 9 the other day, and wondering wtf. My old 300 uses a 7 in it

Trail color/shape rating for difficulty?

Green circle, Blue square, Black diamond, Double Black diamond.

The stock plug is an 8, and Steve at SB Moto recommended the 9 with the tune+head+IRK but I think it was based on riding the bike hard GNCC style. Dave at TSP in Australia says that an 8 is good unless you're in deep sand or riding it flat out.

no trail markings around here. Least not for any of the good stuff....

Be interesting to see if you find much difference going back to the 8

no trail markings around here. Least not for any of the good stuff....

Be interesting to see if you find much difference going back to the 8

Whenever I had pulled the 9, even after running fine, it was definitely darker looking than I preferred. And the bike would load up after a long descent. I had kind of assumed that it was just "like that" but it only took a mile of gravel road descent to foul the shit out of it last ride.

I'll test the 8 around the house before a long ride and let you know. I'll also save the 9 plugs for rides out east or south in more open terrain.

I got out on Friday for a nice ride, with some issues. I think the CCPS got gummed up or messed up which is causing the fouling. I'm going to swap out the sensor and install the Tokyo Offroad fitting to get a better seal.

The bike started to load up badly then quickly died after a long technical climb. It shouldn't have done it then. Even after swapping plugs the bike was running weird. I had to keep it revved and ride the piss out of it on the whole ride back just to keep it from fouling, and I even coasted all the long descents in neutral. I was definitely pissed at it and debated getting a carbed bike. Then I got home and rode it around the property for a while, not really revving it hard, and it ran great.

We'll see what happens with a new sensor and fresh plug. It was riding fine and all of a sudden it wasn't. Then it was again.

The upside is that I managed to climb up to an amazing ridge that I've never been to before. Probably the most exposed rock in this area. It will be a fun area to play around on (when the fawking bike is working right).

PXL_20231117_222308986.PANO.jpg

Looks like a neat area.

We did about 40 miles today. I think I was trying to get things adjusted too much with it in the wrong map. So now they are both kinda funky:homer: Fouled one plug today. It needs some tweeking but over all still happy with it. The 100/100 ve33 ended up being about the perfect sized tire for this thing

The KTM sat for the winter and now I'm finally getting some work done and putting it back together. There have been a few things in progress...

Tokyo Offroad CCPS coupler
Swingarm bearing grease
Upgraded oil tank "angle piece"
Softer seat foam and grippy cover
Head bearing grease
Fork oil service
Some other little maintenance stuff

I'll probably have it all finished... one of these days.

The main reason I was in no rush is because I got another bike to play around with on my property...

2024 KLX110RL. It's so goofy and silly and fun. And of course I've been throwing some upgrades on it, because reasons. Mainly to get the ergonomics better for a 6' tall adult.

PXL_20240401_010847831.jpg

Oh, a couple more KTM things.

The idle screw mod was going out of adjustment. I think that was a contributor to my plug fouling issue last fall. I added a spacer to preload the spring and hopefully hold it in place better.

And... I got a new headlight. Ballin.

:grinpimp:

PXL_20240328_191857737.jpg

"Swingarm bearing grease
Head bearing grease
Fork oil service"

Dont you have like 12 hours on this thing?:laughing:

Top Back Refresh