What's new

MMW Dana 300 waiting list

Damn... this is getting quite interesting.
I think if you look back, some of us saw this coming, and warned some of you that were willing to throw your money at this guy. Some of you still gave him money, and didn't dispute the fact you weren't getting product when you were promised. Let it drag out too long and now you're really getting fucked over. I'm guessing most of you can kiss your money and case good bye. Sorry you got had, i hope there is some sort of resolution to this for you.

Hell yeah now its official!
It's really official now.

It's really official now.

Congrats Tyler! Looking forward to your D300.

They usually are. Had the same problem with Capital One...they basically gave the benefit of the doubt to a Chinese company that sent counterfeit goods to me b/c they charged me through PayPal and Cap1 wasn't about to buck PayPal. Most of the time, the CC companies are decent about charge backs, but I've had a few instances recently where they fucked the customer in the interest of another banking conglomerate.
That's actually because you agreed to PayPal's terms of service, which includes "No charge backs" and that PayPal's investigation is final.

That's actually because you agreed to PayPal's terms of service, which includes "No charge backs" and that PayPal's investigation is final.
I'm not sure that's accurate as my Citibank card fought Paypal on a similar fraudulent purchase and the chargeback went through in spite of Paypal trying a second time to remove it.

So for those coming in at the end of this.....midnight metal works went bankrupt and is no longer in business?

Correct... ish... took a bunch of monies, no product, monies spent on other of his start ups... ghosting ensued and then trying to sweep MMW bankruptcy/dissolution under rug real quick like.

So for those coming in at the end of this.....midnight metal works went bankrupt and is no longer in business?
Yes and purportedly stole a bunch of people's money and opened another business.

Back in business?

I don’t remember the site going down but it does say 2024 on it now… I wonder how many he’ll scam this time

Back in business?
What gives you that impression?

I thought the site went dead and he shut the doors completely, but you can still online order bare cases. The website shows 2024 renewal.
The domain itself is registered until 2030 and here's the important information from the registrar:

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.
Domain name: midnightmetalworks.com
Registry Domain ID: 2568052219_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: Buy a domain name - Register cheap domain names from $0.99 - Namecheap
Updated Date: 2022-05-12T15:06:06.29Z
Creation Date: 2020-10-25T04:09:06.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2030-10-25T04:09:06.00Z

Also looking at the code of the site, it's Shopify so it's most likely the copyrights automatically update. I'm sure, like the domain itself, the site itself is paid for in advance.

For anyone looking….

Located around Truckee, CA

$3,900

IMG_1806.png

My friend has one brand new never run. He was talking bout selling it till that guy listed his. I guess it's to be expected that every comment is negative.

My friend has one brand new never run. He was talking bout selling it till that guy listed his. I guess it's to be expected that every comment is negative.
You buddy has just the case or a complete build one like posted above?

I hope nobody is dumb enough to pay that kind of coin for a unit that might have problems and there’s no one around to be responsible for it.

My brother has a STAK 3 speed. It didn’t work, popped out of gear like they do. He got it cheap because of that and we have the resources to fix it. Works fine now but if he breaks a gear or something it’s garbage. If he junked it next trip out he wouldn’t be out an amount of money that would hurt.

I have a friend that has a junked MMW t-case. He hated it the whole time he had it , all the more when it ate itself. He just replaced it with a behemoth D300. I still think that’s an odd move for his needs when AA has the atlas for less money.

I have a friend that has a junked MMW t-case. He hated it the whole time he had it , all the more when it ate itself. He just replaced it with a behemoth D300. I still think that’s an odd move for his needs when AA has the atlas for less money.
I'll take it off his hands for the price of shipping. :flipoff2:

That was basically my thougt. Gears are probably garbage but the case and input/output shafts could be useful as a starting point for a 486-esque dumb project.

If anyone gets it out of his junk pile it’ll be me. I see a way I could salvage the case. But it needs 100% new guts

IMG_5742.jpeg
IMG_5741.jpeg
Any idea what happened? I have mmw Dana 300 waiting on an atlas to replace it but will reuse it in another project probably.

I hope nobody is dumb enough to pay that kind of coin for a unit that might have problems and there’s no one around to be responsible for it.

Maybe I need to read more but what are the issues that the MMW case cause? I thought the product was good they just couldn't deliver. I'll be honest and say that I was considering it. is the case you posted above that's all blown up the one that's posted for sale?

Top Back Refresh