What's new

High Pinion 9" / 10" Manufacturers Thread

Looks like gear works will have them on the shelf according to the gram.
IMG_3629.jpeg

Use a 9.5 yota third in the front ? That way you have the same one front and back ?

But then you pay D60 prices like all the other dickbags.

If you do 99-04 you can buy a D50 for much less because you're not competing with all the people who want a bolt in swap because they can't fab.

No point in paying for a complete D60 if 9" center is the plan.
NONE of that matters. The solid axle Superduty D50 was not made until 99.

Front. The rear has been in since 2016 and still looks great.

if i was you, id upgrade the front housing and go to a 8.4 tacoma diff. all that fancy stuff you are talking about is wasted money.

Use a 9.5 yota third in the front ? That way you have the same one front and back ?
8.4 is stronger because of the bearing girdle. the main issue the toyota stuff is the everything flexes too much with all the gear reduction

It's certainly under consideration. Front to rear interchangeability is nice to have even if rarely used. I hate to spend significant amounts of money putting myself deeper in the Toyota nerd box even farther over a $200 rear axle though.

if i was you, id upgrade the front housing and go to a 8.4 tacoma diff. all that fancy stuff you are talking about is wasted money.

8.4 is stronger because of the bearing girdle. the main issue the toyota stuff is the everything flexes too much with all the gear reduction

I don't know about 9.5 stuff being stronger than 8.4. I've seen a couple 8.4's break in the back of Tacomas but not a 9.5 and most of the guys I wheel with are 9.5's. Completely anecdotal though. Funny enough, I actually removed an 8.4 to install the 9.5 80 axle on mine.

It's certainly under consideration. Front to rear interchangeability is nice to have even if rarely used. I hate to spend significant amounts of money putting myself deeper in the Toyota nerd box even farther over a $200 rear axle though.

I don't know about 9.5 stuff being stronger than 8.4. I've seen a couple 8.4's break in the back of Tacomas but not a 9.5 and most of the guys I wheel with are 9.5's. Completely anecdotal though. Funny enough, I actually removed an 8.4 to install the 9.5 80 axle on mine.

well stick a 9.5 in there.

only makes sense to go to 1-tons if you plan on going to a 40 or 300hp. if the answer is no to both of those, then dont drive like an idiot and peel out

The 99-04 D50/60 have the same knuckle bore and pattern as the D50s and D60s that came before. You can use all the aftermarket 6x5.5 parts on them at a fraction of the cost of a balljoint D60.
No. Stop spreading misinformation.

Inner Cs & ball joints are same and that’s it. Super duty D60s use drastically different knuckles.

only makes sense to go to 1-tons if you plan on going to a 40 or 300hp. if the answer is no to both of those, then dont drive like an idiot and peel out

I’ve had neither of those things for 10 years but I’m on my third 3RZ and now third front R&P. I think I got my engine oiling figured out but the next engine in it will probably be an aluminum LS/LV3. 40’s would also bolt right on. Hence the serious thought about going bigger/bling on a front axle build that will last me a lifetime of rec wheeling on 40’s. I’m normal wheeler levels on the spectrum, not weird Toyota purist levels of ‘tism too.

No. Stop spreading misinformation.

Inner Cs & ball joints are same and that’s it. Super duty D60s use drastically different knuckles.
You're right. I was confusing knuckle and spindle and TTB vs superduty knuckle for some reason.

The whole knuckle swaps. The spindle doesn't.

Hold onto them until Gearworks runs out of gears again mid season and those are now worth $5k ea to the right person. :laughing:

I’ve had neither of those things for 10 years but I’m on my third 3RZ and now third front R&P. I think I got my engine oiling figured out but the next engine in it will probably be an aluminum LS/LV3. 40’s would also bolt right on. Hence the serious thought about going bigger/bling on a front axle build that will last me a lifetime of rec wheeling on 40’s. I’m normal wheeler levels on the spectrum, not weird Toyota purist levels of ‘tism too.
Tons and stickeys!:grinpimp:

I have wheeled with Snowy , a peel out for him is half throttle in double low. I have no idea how he's chipping front teeth lol!!

Stick shift with double low can make more torque at the diff than an angry rockbouncer.
Great recipe to break parts.

Also, yota people are usually awesome at maintaing their shit :flipoff2:
Im using that next time I'm at AOP. (Bouncer with open headers floors it by) yea that's cool and all but I like make more torque than you:laughing::flipoff2:

Stick shift with double low can make more torque at the diff than an angry rockbouncer.
Great recipe to break parts.

Also, yota people are usually awesome at maintaing their shit :flipoff2:

Definitely not a woo pow kind of wheeler and absolutely a double low, get all kinds of bound up in double low kind of wheeler. In 10 years, I’ve killed 2 Detroit’s, 2 R&P’s, and a 30 spline RCV inner shaft without ever touching full throttle.

My shit is reasonably well maintained, sees daily driver duty in the summer kind of maintained if that makes sense. :flipoff2:

I live on the border of IL and WI so wheeling trips are a minimum of 450 miles away and often closer to 600 miles away so just having junk that works and doesn’t break is hugely important to me. Spending an extra couple grand for parts that I don’t even need to think about for another 10 years is a no brainer when it costs $1k just to hook the hook the truck/trailer up for a long weekend and only goes up for the week long trips.

I have wheeled with Snowy , a peel out for him is half throttle in double low. I have no idea how he's chipping front teeth lol!!

Right? Especially since you drive like a pissed off teenager in comparison with V6 power.

Top Back Refresh