What's new

you knew it was coming...New Covid Variant Identified In Africa

Mutating to evade vaccines?

Last year it was adapting to mask wearing. :homer:

I love how the news tries to personify a virus to make it look like it's out to get us. It's not "evading" shit, it's just the most successful mutation to be able to survive the conditions it has to deal with to replicate. There were probably billions of other mutations that died off immediately because they couldn't survive the conditions. You guys all probably already know this, I'm just ranting because I hate sensationalistic news.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, but you really don't have a grasp on what a hospital "bed" means. A lot places in MT were flat out room for Covid patients. Different beds in different units require trained staff at the level, Cardio, pediatrics, ICU, etc. It is a staff issue to a degree. But you can't put Rona patients in with Pediatrics, Cardio, or Grandma recovering from a broken hip. Our numbers are finally dropping, but it's been a fucked three months for a lot of hospitals in the region.

So it's not as simple as saying there are free "beds" available. The local hospital has 78 general beds and up to 56 were occupied by rona patients. That left 21 beds available for a population over 100k with issues other than rona.

But I'm sure it's just a conspiracy :shaking:
So just over half a percent were hospitalized. That's about on par with the average.

But 1 hospital for 100k people? What kinda backwoods dump do you live in? We have 3 major hospitals and just over 250k people. We didn't have that many hospitalized either.

So just over half a percent were hospitalized. That's about on par with the average.

But 1 hospital for 100k people? What kinda backwoods dump do you live in? We have 3 major hospitals and just over 250k people. We didn't have that many hospitalized either.

NW Montana near glacier park, we have one hospital in Kalispell and one small one in Whitefish which doesn't do Rona. It's a decent sized hospital in Kalispell, and it serves more like 150k people in the region.

Kalispell generally takes the sicker patients from Polson to the Canadian border and from the Idaho border to Browning. They had to turn away some folks from the smaller hospitals after they hit capacity. We have about 50% vax rate in this region, so it got pretty busy during the delta shit.

Depends in MT. "Big" cities (VERY relative definition of big) MAY have more than one, small have a clinic but not necessarily. Missoula is 80K and has 2 hospitals, 1 has the tier 4 infectious ward. Its also a University town so the population is both transient and varies with the school term.
Bozeman is a 1 hospital town (but one of the best orthopedic clinics nationally cuz skiing and football) with 46K in town proper and 118K in metro area which covers several small towns; also a University town.
Biggest city in the state is Billings at 109k and has 3 for the most part.

Then too MT has roughly 1.06M humans in a state that's 4th largest area out of 50. Basically rivals WY and ND for lowest population...

Yahoo switching narratives on us already?

Here's the actual article...one of the more straightforward and honest ones I've seen lately.

edit: and another one he references:

US identifies first case of omicron COVID-19 variant​

The U.S. has identified the first case of the omicron COVID-19 variant in California, a U.S. official told the Associated Press on Wednesday.
The news comes as scientists continue to study the risks posed by the new strain of the virus.
The Biden administration moved late last month to restrict travel from Southern Africa where the variant was first identified and had been widespread. Clusters of cases have also been identified in about two dozen other nations. The official could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was moving to tighten U.S. testing rules for travelers from overseas, including requiring a test for all travelers within a day of boarding a flight to the U.S. regardless of vaccination status. It was also considering mandating post-arrival testing.
Officials said those measures would only “buy time” for the country to learn more about the new variant and to take appropriate precautions, but that given its transmissibility its arrival in the U.S. was inevitable.

Awww shiite.....it's here!!! So sayeth the Fox News.

Wait....do they actually have a test for this particular mutation (to differentiate it from other variant)?

and had the little death counter on the screen for biden like they did with trump

Awww shiite.....it's here!!! So sayeth the Fox News.

Wait....do they actually have a test for this particular mutation (to differentiate it from other variant)?
I had our medical team here at work telling me when Delta popped off they only sent 1 in 5 positive samples out to be checked for the delta variant. Betting it's the same here.

Meanwhile the sky's falling LOL:clown:

Did anything good ever come out of Africa? Like, ever?

The US has its first omicron case—and the patient was fully vaccinated​

better get that jab to be safe!!!!!

iu.jpeg

America is behind... a few countries are on shot #4 now.
I have heard of several people who have gotten jabbed ever couple months around here, just going to different places and getting another shot. Lots of the county jab events have said no id needed so im sure just give them a name to put on a card so they can claim there govt money and nobody cares that its there 5,6,7 shot.

yes indeed it has

what happens when you steal cows in africa?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:
This is why before stealing cows in Africa you should make sure that they aren't paying protection money to the commander of the local Air Force wing...

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh