YJ sb350 to Griffin rad hose

Boss

Rabble-Rouser
Member Number
Loc
Salem Oregon
Anyone have a doner part #

Lower hose. I have a good upper.

I have one I've been using but it fits all weird. I don't like the universal types. I'm revamping my front end and would like a preformed one I can cut down. Anyone have a good solution? Part #??

:beer:

Y'all be too slow. :flipoff2:

Found one that's perfect. 1.75" had a larger bell on the rad end. Cut it off and it's the perfect length.

20240616_102450.jpg

1000004888.jpg
1000004886.jpg

The upper I already had.
1000004887.jpg

Last edited:
Well these 2 hoses worked out great. Had a bitch of a time finding the lower last time. Idk seems like it would be a common size/ shape. The guy disappeared and came back with it in less than 5 min. :smokin:

Since you're here,
I've got the beast back together. She is running great with the new cam/lifters/roller timing chain. The EFI is tuning quickly. It's no longer running rich.

The distributor gear still wouldn't mesh right, so I took one off my old flame thrower and it slipped right down. :confused:

Just to check for crazy brain, I swapped back and tried different spots. Nope. Swapped again and, as if magic. It dropped like it belongs. That distributor gear was fooked.

I should have caught that originally . I knew something wasn't right, but pushed though. That fuckin cost me. :homer:

Well these 2 hoses worked out great. Had a bitch of a time finding the lower last time. Idk seems like it would be a common size/ shape. The guy disappeared and came back with it in less than 5 min. :smokin:

Since you're here,
I've got the beast back together. She is running great with the new cam/lifters/roller timing chain. The EFI is tuning quickly. It's no longer running rich.

The distributor gear still wouldn't mesh right, so I took one off my old flame thrower and it slipped right down. :confused:

Just to check for crazy brain, I swapped back and tried different spots. Nope. Swapped again and, as if magic. It dropped like it belongs. That distributor gear was fooked.

I should have caught that originally . I knew something wasn't right, but pushed though. That fuckin cost me. :homer:
It happens to all of us.

Hope it helps you guys.

My eyes glaze over and my ADD flips out when the counter guy says "fuck off, you look for it" and I have to stare at a billion hoses hanging from the ceiling . :laughing:

Helped having my "close but not right" one with me. He nailed it.

Feel free to put any other combinations in here and a maybe mod could change the title to a more suitable one? Or not :laughing:

Boss how's your Cooling? I have a Mild 355 SBC in my YJ with the Stock Rad and it works ok but I'm likely going to be pushing the limits with some new go fast parts I'm shoving into the YJ and eventually plan on Aluminum Heads aftermarket MPFI and ECU and Torquer Cam so want to beef up my cooling a bit lol

Boss how's your Cooling? I have a Mild 355 SBC in my YJ with the Stock Rad and it works ok but I'm likely going to be pushing the limits with some new go fast parts I'm shoving into the YJ and eventually plan on Aluminum Heads aftermarket MPFI and ECU and Torquer Cam so want to beef up my cooling a bit lol
Once I found the right thermostat it keeps me around 203, pounding on it gets me to 208-210.
I bought mine from Novak, taking them at their word. Personaly, I think it's just Adequate wiith 2 cores. I would definitely go for 3/4 cores if I get another.

If I still lived in Vegas, I'll bet I'd have issues.

Once I found the right thermostat it keeps me around 203, pounding on it gets me to 208-210.
I bought mine from Novak, taking them at their word. Personaly, I think it's just Adequate wiith 2 cores. I would definitely go for 3/4 cores if I get another.

If I still lived in Vegas, I'll bet I'd have issues.
Good to know thank you

Good to know thank you
Updating this lame ass thread.

So in the event of our hot ass summer and having gone through my cooling system. I decided to see if I can do better with another radiator. I went through my receipts and realized my Griffin was over 20 years old (2003) anyway. That epoxy always made me nervous but never failed, so there's that. The radiator did okay but as I've stated makes me nervous when it climbs to 220. I feel like I have to watch it. But maybe that's normal?

I pounded a few paths through the innerweb and ruled out 3 and 4 core snake oil. I don't want a mechanical fan. I hate them noisy ass, hp stealing things. I revisited Novak and found they are making their own radiators now. I called them to get technical info. But got a retard who didn't know jack. I've had bad luck with Novak and 2 other parts in the past. They did treat me right though. After talking to this guy I decided fuck them.

I wanted a 2 core slightly larger and I was going to build my own fan shroud out of aluminum. A decent Ebay rad was around 200 plus a sheet of aluminum and new fan around the 4 to 5 hundred + a lot of work.

I scoured the web an settled on Engineered Cooling Products because This caught my eye

Screenshot_20240728_071222_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
There is no way I could build that as nice for cheaper than $ 700

So I got it.

I'll update later I have a few challenges In getting it in there but I have a couple plans. It showed up yesterday. I'll post pics.

There is no way I could build that as nice for cheaper than $ 700

So I got it.

I'll update later I have a few challenges In getting it in there but I have a couple plans. It showed up yesterday. I'll post pics.
Looking to see how it does.

I am building myself a cooling stack right now for my CJ8 with a Gen4 GM V8.

Be Cool 35223, all welded cross flow, to match the LH6, with a Derale 16831 shroud kit. Without my labor to build brackets, make the lower outlet straight, I am at 550.00. I have to get an AC condenser and 6L80E cooler on the front of it, too.
453254712_10227465838246381_1598903114935603869_n.jpg

Attachments

• 453239639_10227465837446361_2460910990632289181_n.jpg
    453239639_10227465837446361_2460910990632289181_n.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 453381763_10227465837526363_636486387636264123_n.jpg
    453381763_10227465837526363_636486387636264123_n.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Anyone know why the annode is placed in the bottom bung? I want to swap it with the drain.

1000005584.jpg

Got it in hosed and wired.

Made it stand alone with the lower mounts. I'll install upper mounts on the grill. This makes the grill easier to remove. I like easy.
1000005606.jpg
20240803_145509.jpg

So what do you think of that radiator?

I ask, as the Chinesium radiator in my YJ with SBC sat on the steering box and sprung a leak... plus one more leak behind one of the brackets.

Fixable, but it's not quality.

Last edited:
I ask, as the Chinesium radiator in my YJ with SBC sat on the steering box and sprung a leak... plus one more leak behind one of the brackets.

Fixable, but it's not quality.
Interesting. So it's leaking at a bracket weld? Did you use rubber isolaters?

I kind of expected better cooling because of the fan shroud coverage. My Taurus fan rested on the fins and didn't cover the corners. I didn't think it would be much better but at least a little.

It does appease my "OCD BS" so that's out of the way.

I suppose the thicker tanks may inhibit cooling a bit so maybe it balances it out.

I use isolators on all radiators regardless if they have brackets. My steering box did rub on my plastic shroud but I addressed that this round. I'm going to reinstall my oil cooler. It won't keep me at 205 like I wanted but I gave up on that, the "Jeep thing" just don't have the room for the surface area needed and I like having an electric fan.

Keeping the motor at the 200 range would be ideal but since i can't, I like to cool the oil. My rationale for an oil cooler is to at least help keep the oil from breaking down and reducing some friction.

Side note.
Over all, in my experience at least. An oil cooler doesn't affect the overall temp of the motor at all. It just doesn't have enough volume/contact with the heat affected areas, also cooling the oil too much can cause bigger issues. I plan on a 185* thermostat in that thing for this reason.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh