What's new

WWID: dealing with a mental

Poopyface

Member Number
Long story short, someone has been stealing the valve stem caps and airing down one of my tires of both trucks to 10-15 psi. I know who is doing it but no evidence of it.....yet.

I plan to go to the police once I get it on camera. How would they normally deal with a situation like this, if they would at all?

Long story short, someone has been stealing the valve stem caps and airing down one of my tires of both trucks to 10-15 psi. I know who is doing it but no evidence of it.....yet.

I plan to go to the police once I get it on camera. How would they normally deal with a situation like this, if they would at all?

Paint the valve stems with ink/dye so you can actually catch them red handed lol

Weird. I was at the Dealer getting a diagnostic and a woman came in with basically the same complaint. She swore that one tire was airing down on her multiple times and that she had a leak. They checked it and found no leak. Valve stem fine. Not airing down at all.

I wonder if this has become some sort of random internet prank? Game camera for sure especially if the caps are disappearing. My money would be on a local kid thinking he is funny. Or do you have a known troublemaker in mind?

20200831_125917.jpg

so, what did you do to get this kind of retribution?

Fill the tire halfway with some sort of nasty smelling liquid and park with the valve stem down.

Lay in wait with a crowbar , beat the fuck out of said offender with crowbar , drag him off your property and call the authorities saying a body is lying out in the roadway , anonymously of coarse.

That's all I got, hope that helps. :laughing:

Catch them in the act, drag them to the nearest suitably sturdy raised object that is also far enough away so you won't smell the decomposing corpse, hang them by the neck with bailing wire, stable sign to their chest explaining why there are there. That should take care of it for a while.

Edit; "Mental" is not the preferred nomenclature. Its derogatory, insensitive and discriminatory.

Last edited:
Weird. I was at the Dealer getting a diagnostic and a woman came in with basically the same complaint. She swore that one tire was airing down on her multiple times and that she had a leak. They checked it and found no leak. Valve stem fine. Not airing down at all.

I wonder if this has become some sort of random internet prank? Game camera for sure especially if the caps are disappearing. My money would be on a local kid thinking he is funny. Or do you have a known troublemaker in mind?

A funnier prank would be to slowly overinflate the tire.

Cartalk did a story about a mechanic bragging about the fuel mileage in his Fiat getting pranked by the other mechanics at a gm dealer in the 80's. They started adding a half pint of gas to his tank once a week, then a little more and a little more over the course of almost a month. Guy kept bragging how it was getting crazy mileage as it was getting more broken in. Then they gradually reduced the amount of gas they were adding, shut the guy up and drove him nuts trying to find the problem.

Is this person trespassing on private property to do this? You say you know who it is, why are they doing it? Is police intervention really going to change anything or is this something you need to address directly with this person?

I don’t see the cops really giving a shit.

Order ghost pepper sauce. Coat them.

A funnier prank would be to slowly overinflate the tire.

Cartalk did a story about a mechanic bragging about the fuel mileage in his Fiat getting pranked by the other mechanics at a gm dealer in the 80's. They started adding a half pint of gas to his tank once a week, then a little more and a little more over the course of almost a month. Guy kept bragging how it was getting crazy mileage as it was getting more broken in. Then they gradually reduced the amount of gas they were adding, shut the guy up and drove him nuts trying to find the problem.

LMFAO!! :lmao:

This has got to be a troll. :eek:

Police will respond to that report when they're done writing up the guy who farted in the grocery store.

Top Back Refresh