What's new

CA WTB bearing splitter / clamp

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Looking for a quality bearing splitter / separator that lets me pull the synchro hubs and bearings

Anyone have one they can part with or lend ?

One of these.

earingSplitter.jpeg

Last edited:
I use a cheapo one all the time. The puller sucks but the separator kicks ass. I would be watching ebay for some decent brand, used ones

Reactions: PAE
Need to find a splitter that will fit the threaded pull rods that my puller has if that would even work, or a totally different puller.

My puller is a 14mm 1.5 pitch thread, the puller I've found is 5/8 fine thread.

20221113_124323.jpg

Last edited:
Im thinking 1/2 to 5/8 fine thread.

My bad the pull rods are 14mm 1.50

The splitter/separator is 5/8 fine.

OD of pull rod thread is .543/ ?? Pitch unk as thread pitch gauge lost.

Last edited:
Why search for a specific puller to fit your existing rods?

Buy a puller and buy some allthread/nuts to extend it. Iirc mine is 16mm thread.

Beyond the splitter not matching the thread the connection is solid at the splitter might not work so well.

Was hoping for one of these but daymm are the sets spendy.

Specs on their splitters seem to be sketchy as well.

| hammer&f%5B0%5D=field_product_variation%253Afield_categories%3A7&f%5B1%5D=field_product_variation%253Afield_categories%3A90

Last edited:
Yes, the otc site is where you qould find a bearing splitter.

As to which one youre reffering tool it would be helpful to link the product not the generic home page

Thanks, calling my local napa store now.

The locals at my napa store have never heard of a bearing splitter!@%$*÷#

Not transmission mechanics I guess.

Last edited:
I believe bearing separator is the proper term. That link I gave you to Napa also has the Napa part number. I bet they might be able to do something with that

Nope I gave them the part number no joy, will try another store.

Nationwide napa is unable to buy and sell OTC bearing splitters/ separators.

Will try harbor fright.

Last edited:
Nope I gave them the part number no joy, will try another store.

Nationwide napa is unable to buy and sell OTC bearing splitters/ separators.

Will try harbor fright.
You know, if there was only a way to avoid all that horse shit, some system you could just pound # into your phone and it would show up 2-3 days later......

Ya but the internet dont take cash:laughing: I am having the same problem right now:homer:

There are good and bad things about COT (Cash Only Transactions), those that havent experienced COT dont have a clue.

Local transmission shop lent me a splitter now just have to find a press.

Harbor Fright has 170.00 and a 250.00 dollar presses.

Guess Ill do the 20 ton.

20230925_113000.jpg

20230925_112930.jpg

While a press is handy to have. You have made it this long without one. Why not just have that transmission shop press it off for you? You would be $100 max, and avoid alot of running around?

Mostly because transmission shops in this county no longer work on manual transmission's.

One would think that if a transmission shop had that puller, they would possibly be capable of using said puller

Top Back Refresh